Known Issues affecting Update 2.14.0

HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 710 admin
in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 24 September, 2020, 10:04 pm.
  • Red Badge notifications reappear on previously seen achievements after reinstalling the game.
  • The interaction box of Puking Pastilles makes the Image difficult to place in the Registry.
  • A Connection Lost error message can appear in various parts of the game. 
  • Players can experience a long delay to select a Runestone before entering the Chamber lobby
  • Android only: A short delay may occur at the login screen while loading the app after updating the game.
  • Some devices may experience a delay before choosing a Runestone to enter a Chamber Lobby
  • Wayfarer: approved Wayspots do not sync to the Map.
  • Friends List info can display Friends' SOS Task Force appraisal as 0.
  • Switching Camera modes from AR Mode to Park Mode during an Encounter can cause the Spell Mastery and Family Mastery information to reappear incorrectly.
  • The Field Charm icon is displayed twice in the level-up summary after unlocking Field Charms at Wizarding Level 5, 7, and 11. 
  • Android only: A pink placeholder box may show in place of the Field Charm VFX after a Field Charm is cast on an object.
  • Trace Charm info page shows incorrect text for Fragment and Family XP Bonuses: “Additional Energy Provided” and “Spell Duration”. Trace Charm bonuses should display Fragment and Family XP modifiers instead.
  • Greenhouse Charm info page shows incorrect text for Greenhouse Bonuses: “Additional Energy Provided”. Greenhouse Charm bonuses should display Ingredient and Spell Duration modifiers instead.
  • Fragment count displayed in the rewards flow after returning Foundables spawned by the Trace Charm is inaccurate and differs from the Fragment count shown in the rewards summary drop-down. The rewards summary shows the most accurate Fragment count progress. 
  • Bonus Fragments and XP gained from Field Charm bonus modifiers are missing corresponding text in the rewards screen and the rewards summary drop-down.
  • Missing rewards flow text for bonuses gained from Field Charms for players in India
  • Players may see a visual error during the Madame Hooch Foundable Encounter
  • Ministry Time Turner Foundable and Foundables from the Hogwarts Quidditch Pitch II Registry Page are not rewarding Ministry Manuals
18 votes

Ongoing · Last Updated

Comments

• Shiro8Shiro8 Posts: 0
    #220 July, 2020, 10:55 pm.

When placing images like Cedric Diggory in the Hogwarts pitch II page, you do not get sos training manual rewards unlike similar pages. I should be getting 12 sos books when I placed Cedric but I received only family xp.

Vs. For the same bronze page, severe level foundable

• OwlSoulOwlSoul Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #321 July, 2020, 12:01 am.

Images placed on Hogwards Quiddish Pitch and World Cup Grounds do not result in additional Ministry Manuals, although the visual effect happens. Gold pages.

Placed 4 images now, only one yielded rewards.

• Filker0Filker0 Posts: 0 ✭✭
    edited July 21 #421 July, 2020, 12:39 am.

Received ministry manuals as part of the SOS training rollout. Used some, then stopped doing lessons to do collect spell energy and ingredients. Game locked up while exiting a greenhouse. Force stopped and restarted the game, and continued to play. Went to look at my vault after receiving 12 ministry manuals - to find those 12 were all I had in my vault. I had 400+ when leaving the training and having the freeze.

Pixel 3XL

HPWU 2.14 (from Google play store)

• jupeatjupeat Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #521 July, 2020, 12:56 am.

I just put a Image in the wands of dumbledore army II and didnt received ministry manuals

• PrenoPreno Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #621 July, 2020, 01:07 am.

I placed the time turner in the magical devices 1 gold page and didn’t receive any reward apart from the normal XP reward for placing an image. Did I miss something?

• ImpossibleTruthImpossibleTruth Posts: 1
    #721 July, 2020, 02:30 am.

I'm getting issues with my combat level... It changes. When I switch between professions it seems to fix itself, but it randomly reverts

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 710 admin
    #821 July, 2020, 02:44 am.

Thanks @ImpossibleTruth, the combat appraisal is broken and we're investigating a fix.

• ZvaliseZvalise Posts: 0 ✭✭
    #921 July, 2020, 03:08 am.

Around 8.58 am (gmt+7), I placed image of quiddich captain marcus flint on bronze page but it did not provide ministry manual ,so i checked on the others image of this page and realized the ministry manual were excluded from the placing image reward. iI

think it’s the bug on placing image of quiddich pitch II

• carwingocarwingo Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1021 July, 2020, 03:39 am.

I placed both Quidditch Captain Cedric Diggory and Quidditch Captain Marcus Flint on bronze registry page for Hogwarts Quodditch Pitch II, but did not receive any ministry manuals. Additionally, they’re not showing up as a reward on the image info - see photo.

• Craze5926Craze5926 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1121 July, 2020, 04:01 am.

Upon completion of a trace it shows 1 fragment gained then shows a bonus fragment gained. When it goes to the summary it only shows 1 fragment gained (see screenshots).

• K9iiiizK9iiiiz Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #1221 July, 2020, 07:06 am.

I got same issue when placing cedric

• HelenaJsonHelenaJson Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #1321 July, 2020, 08:27 am.

Combat score is too low. I have Done all auror lessons, and now I only have 28157 in combat score. The night bus dark Chambers 4 and 5 are red now.

• KodyWolfKodyWolf Posts: 1
    edited July 21 #1421 July, 2020, 02:05 pm.

Bug report!

Error!

I'm picking up new SOS books but no new ones are showing up in my inventory!

Please fix this ASAP!

Thank you!

(Please make bug reporting easier and more convenient, Thanks! These forums ****!)

• NinjacakegirlNinjacakegirl Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1521 July, 2020, 02:07 pm.

I placed these to images around 5:30 pm pdt Monday July 20th, 2020 and I did not get the dada books reward like the other pages I had placed.

• KatyCroKatyCro Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #1621 July, 2020, 02:28 pm.

Placing images gives you Ministry Manuals, not DADA books. You should check, whether you got those.

• Skorpis3000Skorpis3000 Posts: 0
    #1721 July, 2020, 02:31 pm.

I have placed 'quidditch captain Marcus Flint' image to a bronze 'hogwarts quidditch pitch II' and did not receive Ministry Manuals.

• TagAlong9TagAlong9 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1821 July, 2020, 02:59 pm.
  • WindWisdomWindWisdom Posts: 1
    #1921 July, 2020, 03:23 pm.

Me gustaría comentar un bug reciente. Al completar el último evento brillante se supone que debes tener 5 tomos de defensa contra las artes oscuras (DCAO), sin embargo solo me aparecen 2. Completé el evento al completo antes de la introducción del parche y supuse que me aparecerían 5 (los que obtuve), sin embargo solo me aparecen 2. No se si a alguien le ha ocurrido lo mismo, supongo que sí.

• DIMorseDIMorse Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #2021 July, 2020, 06:57 pm.

Connection lost when trying to look at the sos training.

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 710 admin
    #2121 July, 2020, 07:04 pm.

@DIMorse do you have all assets downloaded? I saw it helped other players.

• SterekHaleSterekHale Posts: 2
    #2221 July, 2020, 07:25 pm.

Get this error immediately upon opening or reopening game. Does not seem to impact actual game play.

• AzgandutAzgandut Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #2321 July, 2020, 08:34 pm.

Good day @HPWUrobert ,

Do you have a plan of adding back Ministry Manuals to players for Images placed that did not have them? I placed Draco and Markus before realizing that Manuals were not added for Hogwarts Quidditch Pitch II Registry Page.

And since I am already here, here are some probably issues I am facing:

1. [normal] Deleting gifts functionality does not work when deleting gifts from top to bottom: e.g. if I delete a gift (sucessfully) and then try to delete a gift that was directly after the first one - button is not responsive. Deleting from bottom to top is a workaround or closing and reopening gifts page as well.
    2. [minor] Vault - Utility: "Dark Detectors" title is long and does not fit in the grid, so it breaks the layout and shows on the row below
    3. [minor] Inconsistency: In Daily assignments it is requested to return 10 Foundables. From SOS Assignments we learnt from Harry Potter that some foundables can be found in Fortresses. So effectively, by competing in fortresses we return 1 or 2 foundables per victory which are not counted towards daily while logically should have. Please update Daily assignment wording to say something along the lines "Return 10 foundables from traces" or start counting them towards daily assignments.

And guys... THANK YOU for fixing the issue with runes selection lag in challenges!

• BliznikBliznik Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    #2421 July, 2020, 11:08 pm.

Trace Charm Proficiency will increment Family XP, but won't increment Fragments.

I am at proficiency lv. 4. It should have increased to "Additional Fragments Returned / Additional Energy Provided = 4" and "Additional Family XP / Spell Duration = 1.4" Instead, I have "Additional Fragments Returned / Additional Energy Provided = 1" and "Additional Family XP / Spell Duration = 1.4"

This is not just a UI issue. The functionality is affected. Only the first Proficiency node awards an extra Fragment. None of the other Proficiency Nodes will award an extra Fragment when casting the Trace Charm.

• BliznikBliznik Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    #2521 July, 2020, 11:09 pm.

Also, on many phones, the Magicum Vitae page does not allow us to see the Trace Tonic value. The page won't scroll further down, so it's impossible to see the Tonic for Trace Detection value. This is a UI issue.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    edited July 22 #2621 July, 2020, 11:53 pm.

@HPWUTeam2020

I just returned 2 Death Eaters. Score for first one was 8/13. Score for second one was still 8/13!!

Should've been 9/13 !

Image counts are not accurate!

Update: quite a few images/foundables/traces—whatever your want to call them are NOT returning books.

Post edited by WitchHiker on
  • ZanzibarZZanzibarZ Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2722 July, 2020, 11:16 am.

I can't access a lesson in SOS part 3 despite it being linked to a previous lesson.

• mever1ckmever1ck Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #2822 July, 2020, 02:20 pm.
  • DIMorseDIMorse Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #2922 July, 2020, 11:17 pm.

A little concerned that the requirement for acquiring Ministry Manuals will discourage people from prestiging pages.

Re: comment on connection issue earlier, you were right. I deleted and reloaded the app and the connection issue was resolved. Thank you.

• DammitJim28DammitJim28 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #3023 July, 2020, 08:28 pm.

Will there be ministry manuals added to our accounts when the Quidditch bug is fixed?

• LionessMollyLionessMolly Posts: 83 ✭✭✭
    edited July 24 #3124 July, 2020, 12:18 am.

Out of nowhere my game suddenly glitched and now I cannot log in. I tried to submit a ticket and it told me there was a known issue and some people would have success with uninstall/reinstall. Well that didn't work and now I can't even log in to collect my dailies or download all the assets. I have dailies to collect. This is the second time in just a couple weeks that this has happened. Can we get this FIXED please?

It's working again but really.... getting tired of this.

Post edited by LionessMolly on