SOS Training rollout begins now

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 946 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 30 July, 2020, 06:44 pm.

SOS Training is now available to players level 4o and above. Head to your Suitcase -> Training to get started!

Enjoy a collection of Field Charms and Ministry Manuals to help kick off your SOS Training! What you receive will be based on your level and will be granted to you when you first visit the SOS Training screen.

Note: This feature will be available to all players shortly. Stay tuned here for future updates!

Tagged:

Comments

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #220 July, 2020, 10:46 pm.

i am so overwhelmed! That is a lot of content!

also 🤩 great job guys!

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 946 admin
    #320 July, 2020, 10:47 pm.

SOS Training is now live for all players!

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #420 July, 2020, 11:08 pm.

@hpwulola Yay! Just saw the notification when I opened the app.

It all looks very interesting. Quite confusing as well currently. It reminds me of when I first started playing HPWU. I’m sure I’ll get my head around the update eventually. Looking forward to going through the whole discovery stage again of finding out what everything means and restrategising gameplay accordingly.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 946 admin
    edited July 20 #520 July, 2020, 11:15 pm.
  • Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #621 July, 2020, 05:36 am.

Definitely exciting and fun. I have already noticed a significant improvement to spell casting. A lot less resisting!

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #721 July, 2020, 07:17 am.

@hpwulola @HPWUTeam2020 Thank you for all your efforts in rolling out the new content. Well communicated prior to release, informative guides post release, I’m sure this will keep us busy for a while! I really like it.

#821 July, 2020, 12:44 pm.

@HPWUTeam2020 Wow - new tag! I like it!

Also, I like the SOS training. I was dubious and lukewarm before rollout, but it has made a tangible difference to gameplay!

• FireWandererFireWanderer Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    #922 July, 2020, 01:36 am.

@Magpie31 I'm actively hunting the godforsaken Dueling Dummy just so I can Trace Charm him and finally get that page to gold (I've rolled everyone else over completely). Just three short!

#1022 July, 2020, 05:41 am.

@FireWanderer Just a heads up, you are not guaranteed the same spawn with the trace charm. I cast it on Quidditch Player Harry yesterday and received 3 Fluffies. Same threat, different spawn.

#1123 July, 2020, 01:36 am.

@Magpie31 I think but am not 100% sure that if it is a non-flared trace, it will duplicate. For flared ones, you can get the "bait 'n' switch."

#1223 July, 2020, 02:52 am.

@FireWanderer No. I accidentally cast my first on a non-beam (Ginny) and it was different family.

However, I have read that it is impacted by area, which is interesting, particularly as landmarks are turned off. Heavy weighting towards specials too - brilliant events, oddities etc.

#1323 July, 2020, 04:39 am.

@Magpie31 Hmm, that's interesting because when I tested it out on a Brilliant Baby Unicorn it gave me a bunch more of the same. Also, tonight when I was demoing it to my wife, the Salazar portrait turned into a bunch of Hufflepuff portraits, but at least that is the same family (and page). Curiouser and curiouser.

Will be something to look out for.

#1423 July, 2020, 04:44 am.

@FireWanderer When I have used it on emergencies, it has spawned Fluffies (regardless of family - used it on a Quidditch Player Harry). I also used it on a Fawkes and it spawned a proprietor Weasley twin. So definitely not family specific.

I am sure patterns will emerge over time. Given that we only get one or two spell casts a day, there really isn't enough data to go on yet.

#1523 July, 2020, 04:47 am.

@Magpie31 Only way we'll track 'em is to report 'em. 😄

#1623 July, 2020, 05:04 am.

@Magpie31 I was reviewing the Trace Charm nodes I have bought so far and actually read the flavor text for Knowledge is Power:

"Through your studies, you understand the Calamity Spell in completely new ways. By focusing on the nature of a given Foundable completely, you discover that it helps you find other, rarer Foundables nearby. Your Trace Charm now has the chance to reveal an even rarer Trace."

So, I haven't seen the increased rarity aspect of this, but it did say it would find you other Foundables than what you targeted.

#1723 July, 2020, 05:08 am.

Rarity isn't necessarily the same as severity @FireWanderer. For example, Sirius and Myrtle are both highs, but I know which I see more often!

#1823 July, 2020, 05:11 am.

@Magpie31 point to you.

Literacy ... what a onedurful skil eye seim to bee laking tonite.

#1923 July, 2020, 05:30 am.

@FireWanderer Ooh, look, you have the same fat finger tying problem that I do! 😏

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭
    #2023 July, 2020, 08:09 am.

This morning my trace charm on fluffy give another tons of fluffly. Is today the day of the fluffy?

• DadDeDavDadDeDav Posts: 46 ✭✭
    #2130 July, 2020, 07:59 am.

My guess is that depending on time of day, weather and events, there's a variable "pool" of foundables which might spawn in your area. When you use the trace charm, you get a random choice out of that pool - so with Whomping Willows boosted for the current brilliant event, you see more of them at the moment from trace charms, and generally Fluffy is seen a lot 'cos he's the most common emergency (except horned serpents in the rain).

• RabbeinuTamRabbeinuTam Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    #2230 July, 2020, 06:44 pm.

Just recieved some traces needing augumenti from the trace charm, which is part of the current bonus tasks but of which i have completed. Was looking for more fire breathing chickens, has Bob finally caught the wizard who was accidently breeding them? (OOTP Chapter 7, page 129)