Issue when game launched via potion done brewing notification

pommeSQRDpommeSQRD Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited July 19 in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 06 August, 2020, 06:34 pm.

Issue started occurring after update to 2.14.0

To reproduce:

1. Queue up potions. Close game. Wait for notification that potion has completed brewing.
  2. Click on notification to launch game. Once game launches, goes to potion screen (works as expected).
  3. Click to claim potion (works as expected).
  4. Click [+] in empty slot to brew new potion - fails.

Issues:

• All potions show Strong Extimulo icon
  • No ingredients icons
  • Cannot brew (clicking on Brew button does not work)
  • Cannot close out of the screen to return to regular gameplay

Fix: Force close app and re-launch. Potion is claimed and slot still empty - can queue new potion fine.

Device: Samsung S10

Android 10

I believe this issue only happens when notification-to-launch goes directly to the potion screen. If I open the app normally then go to claim a potion, everything is fine. I think the game was also fine first thing in the morning when the daily rewards screen loaded first, then went to potions - not sure, though, don't remember if I opened the app or clicked on the notification this morning.

Tagged:
6 votes

Working on a Fix · Last Updated

A fix will be ready in an upcoming release

Comments

• BollaRiceBollaRice Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #218 July, 2020, 06:43 pm.

Any time I start the game while a potion is complete, when I touch a foundable trace on the map, I'm taken to the potion screen and am stuck there no matter what I do.

Galaxy s8, issue began with latest release

• BrewsteriusBrewsterius Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #320 July, 2020, 12:04 pm.

When I first go to Potions, it freezes before the cauldron is shown. I have to close the game and reopen it to successfully get to the cauldron.

• RhynthRhynth Posts: 1
    #420 July, 2020, 03:35 pm.

Game will consistently freeze when starting from a "potion ready" notification. Game startup is normal. I can even interact with the map, retrieve ingredients or spell energy. When opening the menu and potions, the screen is blank (first image). If I select the "X" the second, black image appears and game freezes. Background music continues to play.

Samsung SM-G950U

Android 9, kernel 4.4.153

HPWU vers.

• pommeSQRDpommeSQRD Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #520 July, 2020, 03:58 pm.

Correction to "I think the game was also fine first thing in the morning when the daily rewards screen loaded first, then went to potions - not sure, though, don't remember if I opened the app or clicked on the notification this morning."

Re-tested this morning - issue occurs first thing in the morning if game launched via notification. Slight difference in that the daily rewards screen opens first, then goes to map. I was able to collect some spell energy and click on a trace which then took me to the potions screen (before I could return it) - issue picks up from step 3.

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 612 admin
    edited July 20 #620 July, 2020, 05:51 pm.

Looks like most of these devices are Samsung:

1. Which store did you download the build (Google Play or Galaxy Store)?
    2. Is download booster enabled on your device? If so please disable it.

@BollaRice does restarting the app temporarily fix the issue so you can continue playing without the error?

Post edited by HPWUrobert on
  • pommeSQRDpommeSQRD Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #720 July, 2020, 09:17 pm.

Hi @HPWUrobert, here's my setup (S10):

1. Installed via Google Play
    2. Confirmed download is NOT enabled. Did not try enabling to see what would happen.

For other Samsung users, you can check download booster setting here: Settings -> Connections -> More connection settings.

#820 July, 2020, 11:08 pm.

Thanks for checking. Download booster causes game isues, it should remain off. This is a bug and are investigating a fix.

• SirToby28SirToby28 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #923 July, 2020, 05:42 am.

Since the latest update, whenever I follow an Android push notification that my potion has finished brewing, instead of the game taking me to the cauldron, it brings me to the map. I can pick up ingredients or spell energy here, but if I click on any trace, only then does it bring me to the cauldron (instead of the Encounter) and allow me to collect my finished potion and perform master notes on the next one.

The problem is that there is no way to get back to the map at this point! Neither clicking the gold X at the bottom of the screen nor clicking the map icon in the top left has any effect. The click sound effect plays, but the screen stays on the cauldron. I can go to Recipes, the rental cauldron, Diagon Alley, and even from there to my Vault, but I can't get back to the map at all without exiting the app and restarting.

• SquishbounceSquishbounce Posts: 1
    #1023 July, 2020, 04:16 pm.

I also have this visual bug occurring. iPhone X iOS 13.4.1

#1123 July, 2020, 06:20 pm.

A fix will be ready in an upcoming release

• visculamiavisculamia Posts: 0
    #1230 July, 2020, 03:45 pm.

When I click on a 'potion finished' notification I get stuck, either I get a(n almost) black screen after tapping the finished potion or I can't leave the potion department. Switching from the cauldron to the potion overview is all that's possible (also if I do switch tabs all potions on that tab look like the potion that's just finished). Force closing and restarting seems to solve it, but it keeps on happening every time I try to start the game by clicking on that notification.

• HDanielxHDanielx Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #1330 July, 2020, 08:36 pm.

@HPWUrobert I'm on Pixel 3 and I have the same problem.

• LadySydneeLadySydnee Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #1405 August, 2020, 01:55 pm.

Everytime I go into the potions making screen I can't exit. I have to close the game and restart. I've noticed the potion colors don't match what's being made when you go in to reduce the time. This time i couldn't even see the potions it was a black screen.

• EvieLibrarianEvieLibrarian Posts: 0
    #1506 August, 2020, 03:02 am.

Whenever I log onto the game by clicking a status saying my potion is ready, the screen doesn't pop up itself and when I go into the potion screen myself, it doesn't load, it is just a blank screen. But if I look at my potions without clicking on the notification first, it's fine. Is anyone else having this issue?

• AquaishesAquaishes Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #1606 August, 2020, 11:03 am.

I can't get into my potions or daily tasks..

Is there a new update? Is this why I got complimentary gifts 2 days ago??

Sorry to be persistent but I really want help too!

• SystemSystem Posts: 32 admin
    #1706 August, 2020, 05:29 pm.
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Prolonged loading screen.
  • HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 574 mod
    #1806 August, 2020, 06:34 pm.

@Aquaishes I've merged your post with a related bug report for visibility. Our team is aware of this issue and working on a fix.