Game Update: 2.14 Release Notes

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 946 admin
edited July 23 in Announcements #1 latest comment 30 July, 2020, 04:45 am.

Hi SOS Task Force Members! 

The 2.14.0 Update will introduce a significant addition to Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, SOS Training. The feature will be rolling out a later time and will be unavailable with the 2.14.0 release.

New Features

Coming Soon: SOS Training

• SOS Training allows players to advance their magical knowledge and skills by unlocking unique bonuses and abilities through a wide variety of SOS Training Lessons.
  • Added 3 Volumes of SOS Training Lessons: Each volume contains a new set of SOS Training Skill Trees that will be accessible to players regardless of their Profession.
  • Added 3 new SOS currencies: Field Guides, Ministry Manuals, and Defense Against the Dark Arts Books.
  • Updated Encounter and Potion screens to display SOS Training bonuses. 

Professions

• New Combat Appraisal system: An aggregated Expertise score will replace Profession Rank for each individual Profession.

Wizarding Challenges

• Updated the Chamber Selection screen to display Recommended SOS Task Force Appraisal score instead of Recommended Grade.

General

• Made visual updates to the Suitcase menu and Professions interface in preparation for SOS Training.
  • Coming Soon: Visual updates to the MACUSA Clock and Threat Meter for Trace Encounters.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue with overlapping location text from Hogwarts Fortress Gifts.
  • Fixed an issue affecting Potion Gifts when the ingredient Vault is full.
  • Fixed an issue causing a ‘Connection Lost’ pop up notification after loading into the app.

Known Issues

• Red Badge notifications reappear on previously seen achievements after reinstalling the game.
  • The interaction box of Puking Pastilles makes the Image difficult to place in the Registry.
  • A Connection Lost error message can appear in various parts of the game. 
  • Players can experience a long delay to select a Runestone before entering the Chamber lobby
  • Android only: A short delay may occur at the login screen while loading the app after updating the game.
  • Some devices may experience a delay before choosing a Runestone to enter a Chamber Lobby
  • Brilliant Portkey with Great Hall environment has a visual glitch upon entry, the environment is dark
  • Wayfarer: approved Wayspots do not sync to the Map.

Update on Known Issues with SOS Training feature, July 20th

• Switching Camera modes from AR Mode to Park Mode during an Encounter can cause the Spell Mastery and Family Mastery information to reappear incorrectly.
  • The Field Charm icon is displayed twice in the level-up summary after unlocking Field Charms at Wizarding Level 5, 7, and 11. 
  • Android only: A pink placeholder box may show in place of the Field Charm VFX after a Field Charm is cast on an object.
  • Trace Charm info page shows incorrect text for Fragment and Family XP Bonuses: “Additional Energy Provided” and “Spell Duration”. Trace Charm bonuses should display Fragment and Family XP modifiers instead.
  • Greenhouse Charm info page shows incorrect text for Greenhouse Bonuses: “Additional Energy Provided”. Greenhouse Charm bonuses should display Ingredient and Spell Duration modifiers instead.
  • Fragment count displayed in the rewards flow after returning Foundables spawned by the Trace Charm is inaccurate and differs from the Fragment count shown in the rewards summary drop-down. The rewards summary shows the most accurate Fragment count progress. 
  • Bonus Fragments and XP gained from Field Charm bonus modifiers are missing corresponding text in the rewards screen and the rewards summary drop-down.
  • Missing rewards flow text for bonuses gained from Field Charms for players in India
  • Ministry Time Turner foundable and foundables from Hogwarts Quidditch Pitch II page are not rewarding Ministry Manuals

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• GothicpolarGothicpolar Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #217 July, 2020, 04:27 pm.

Support for Xperia 10 PLEASE so I can play the game..

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 946 admin
    #317 July, 2020, 04:28 pm.

Hey, we are investigating an issue affecting collected Defence Against the Dark Arts Books after releasing the 2.14 Update. Once we find the cause of this issue, we'll add them back to accounts for players who have completed the Brilliant tasks to earn them. We will update progress here: https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/7755/missing-defence-against-the-dark-arts-books-with-the-2-14-update-investigating/p1?new=1

• My2GoldensMy2Goldens Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #717 July, 2020, 05:18 pm.

The connection lost pop up is still there after loading the game in iOS. iPhone X

#917 July, 2020, 05:21 pm.

Defence against the Dark Arts Book issue is fixed, you are able to collect them from event tasks. We are determining how to grant these to players who did not receive them during the update.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭
    #1017 July, 2020, 05:23 pm.

yeah my combat score is millions and Dark V score just 39k. not yet try entering Dark V thou

#1217 July, 2020, 05:50 pm.

@Sofiamasnaofoi we are looking into this issue and hoping to have a fix soon! What device are you on?

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭
    #1317 July, 2020, 05:52 pm.

combat score thing, at least now we know who have maxed lesson. 🤔

• KugucharKuguchar Posts: 1
    #1417 July, 2020, 05:56 pm.

After this update I can''t login to my (fb) account anymore!

• MagobyteMagobyte Posts: 34 ✭✭
    #1517 July, 2020, 06:21 pm.

It's Save update if I don't finish bonus tasks?

• theRealGB3theRealGB3 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #1717 July, 2020, 06:27 pm.
    • Fixed an issue causing a ‘Connection Lost’ pop up notification after loading into the app.

Still not fixed.....

and the Task Force Appraisal number is...confusing. I'm maxed out LVL45 Auror and my appraisal is 999311.

#1817 July, 2020, 07:01 pm.

We have an update for players who are missing collected event rewards (Defence Against the Dark Arts Books) due to timing with the 2.14 update. Please write into in-app support to be granted your books.

Once you are in your Suitcase, follow this path: Settings > Help/Legal > Get Support > Contact Us > General Question > Events

Please let support know if you are missing your rewards from Task List 4 (2 DADA Books), the Bonus Tasks (3 DADA Books), or both.

• Celtic67Celtic67 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #1917 July, 2020, 07:14 pm.

I am waiting to prestige pages currently, as there are new rewards for this. The Ministry books etc...

Can i prestige and be granted these rewards or should i just hold off?

Thanks

• IsodisIsodis Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited July 17 #2017 July, 2020, 07:20 pm.

@Celtic67 The new currencies are under coming soon, so you dont get them yet. Just hold off it will be coming soon :D

• XenomerXenomer Posts: 44 ✭✭
    edited July 17 #2117 July, 2020, 07:38 pm.

Hi There,

After the update, I can't login.

Cache emptied, phone restarted, then app reinstalled... nothing helps.

Samsung Galaxy A10 phone. (It would be better to add this to our profile instead typing it in all the time. :) ) App is from Galaxy store because still not available in Google play store. Therefore, it was forced to update and it can't be downgraded.

Can you please advise?

Thanks.

p.s.: from Chrome I can't login to this community forum either. I had to use Firefox.

• AurorsFocusPlsAurorsFocusPls Posts: 29 ✭✭
    edited July 17 #2217 July, 2020, 07:59 pm.

I can't login with my googe account either after this update, Samsung Note 3. I've done everything Xenomer did, nothing helped :/

Edit. Just noticed that the update isn't quite available despite the update 😮😂

Post edited by AurorsFocusPls on
  • FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    #2317 July, 2020, 08:12 pm.

This update not bug fixes. Its added even more.

• nCodernCoder Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited July 17 #2417 July, 2020, 08:21 pm.

After entering the game once and updated over 1GB of assets, Can't login. Neither Google or Facebook. Cleared data and cache, nothing.

I noticed the red dot on skill tree is back, the encounters difficulty is shown as higher than it should even with potion, and chamber values seem confusing as is not even close to my level score...

I need to finish the brilliant event, so if you please at least fix the login issue, I'd appreciate it.

I have a Samsung s10e . Note also some random error messages were appearing about Samsung store ... Can't recall the exact codes showing, but probably some API or event identifier

• SadJanSadJan Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #2517 July, 2020, 08:52 pm.

@Sofiamasnaofoi and @HPWULOLA

Same here! I can't log in. I have an Android. I bring up the app and it has me put in my birthday, then the "Log in or create an account" shows up. I click to log in with my Google account, I select which Google account I want, and then nothing happens, except sometimes a little flash or blip.

Let me know if you need any more info.

• ParodigmistParodigmist Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited July 17 #2617 July, 2020, 09:06 pm.

What happened to the level bonus for trace encounters? None of the encounters I’ve done since updating show a registry level bonus any more. I haven’t seen any mention of a significant change in encounters scores. ????? Please explain!! As someone else said... beta test user group for feedback? And in game documentation of all changes in game play?

• AngwenHAngwenH Posts: 1
    #2717 July, 2020, 09:06 pm.

Same issue on Android for me, too.

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    #2817 July, 2020, 10:05 pm.

intentionally didn't install but apparently it automatically just did it and now my game will not load. started off extra slow and now it won't even load

• PurplePatsyPurplePatsy Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #2917 July, 2020, 10:07 pm.

Hi, I keep accumulating SOS training "points", but when i restart, I go back to 996638. Is this an isdue being worked on?

• CuriousKettleCuriousKettle Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #3017 July, 2020, 10:10 pm.

Still getting kicked of the knight bus regularly, specifically when trying to enter dark chambers. Also getting an unable to load message when trying to get on the knight bus a lot of times. But I am so happy about the lenghty delay being gone with this update!

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    #3117 July, 2020, 10:29 pm.

@PurplePatsy

What do you mean accumulating points? Are you completing more lessons in your profession tree? This score based on your profession and lessons you completed. If you are a maxed professor 996,638 is the max score until the SOS lessons are released per my understanding