Note about the Brilliant Event: Brilliant Bogrod the Goblin can be placed by tapping the area under his elbow. The Brilliant Shopping List can be placed by tapping the bottom left corner. Click here for images.
July Wizarding Weekend — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

July Wizarding Weekend

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 881 admin
edited July 16 in Announcements #1 latest comment 28 July, 2020, 12:33 am.

Spend a weekend recounting noteworthy Hogwarts heroes where you can encounter Legends of Hogwarts Foundables such as Young Remus Lupin and Albus Dumbledore himself.

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

From Friday, July 24 at 11 a.m. PT–Monday, July 27 at 11 a.m. PT keep an eye out for the following:

• Special Assignments focused on returning Legends of Hogwarts Foundables with rewards including Potions, Spell Books, Runestones, Spell Energy and a Silver Key.
  • Increased sightings of the Hedwig, Young Ginny Weasley, Hagrid and Madame Maxime, Young Remus Lupin, and Albus Dumbledore Foundables on the Map and from Tonic for Trace Detection.
  • Players have a chance to receive a Legends of Hogwarts Runestone after returning event Traces.
  • Tonic for Trace Detection will reveal more Legends of Hogwarts Event Traces. 

Don’t forget to join the social conversation with #WizardsUnite, make sure to follow along on our official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels for the latest updates, and head over to the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite community to discuss the game with fellow players!

Tagged:

Comments

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #416 July, 2020, 08:02 pm.

From the orange wizard!

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 558 ✭✭✭
    #516 July, 2020, 09:08 pm.

Family XP is back. Better get prepared

• MorganzaMorganza Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited July 16 #616 July, 2020, 09:19 pm.

Three boosted foundables, none blocking my page progress. 20 Hagrid/Maxime, if I’m unlucky I end the event with fewer on my star than I started with; if I’m lucky I gain 5. (Blocked needing 3x Harry/Parvati.) 15 Young Remus, same, best I can do is gain 3. (Blocked needing 2 Young James.) 10 Dumbledore, I’ll place the sticker and collect it a few times, I’ll progress between 2 and 5 steps. (I’ve never even seen the rarest thing on the page.)

I can’t say a few Dumbledore is nothing, but the likelihood that I will lose progress on 2 of the 3 featured foundables is irksome.

(Hedwig is already shiny waiting for the new books, and I've got room for 30 Young Ginny before I have to decide whether to collect.)

Family XP shouldn't be difficult with all the boosts in the same family plus a ton of runestones in the rewards.

• sakiyuishirosakiyuishiro Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #716 July, 2020, 09:29 pm.

@Kodokmag

I need everything on this page

Especially Hermione…

#816 July, 2020, 09:37 pm.

@sakiyuishiro wow so much to catch. My Hedwig had starred and maxed again, that page blocked by young Harry Potter which is still zero . Guess will just have fun then.

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    #916 July, 2020, 09:57 pm.

@Kodokmag I feel and struggle with you: just missing Ron and Harry on the respective pages.

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1016 July, 2020, 10:11 pm.

@Kodokmag At bronze page, prestiging 5 x Dumbledore will return 200 fxp purely as a bonus. Seeing as one of the challenges is to return 10 x Dumbledores, returning 20 (over 3 days) in order to achieve 800 fxp seems achievable to me. I advise brewing TTD.

#1116 July, 2020, 10:55 pm.

@Dewin99 thanks, still preparing TTD ingredients. Have some TTD left over from last CD.

• Zuzanna93Zuzanna93 Posts: 58 ✭✭
    #1221 July, 2020, 10:08 am.

This one is not going to gain me much, I'm afraid.

Hedwig is already starred.

The chess chamber page is on base. I have Hermione to place but I need two more flying keys to prestige. If I don't get them, getting Dumbledore will be useless.

The Great Hall page is on base. I need 2 more Yule Ball Program foundables to prestige it and have any advantage of returning Hagrid/Madam Maxime.

Hogwarts Grounds is on bronze. I need 8 more Lupin but also more Peter, James, Sirius and unfinished maps to prestige.

I'm doing a lot of challenges with LoH runestones to try and get those flying keys and Yule Ball Programs but I keep getting the potions book (already starred) , Dumbledore's army signup sheet (useless for this event although it still needs to star) and the unfinished map (needs to star, useful for the event but not chance I'll be prestiging that page anyway). And now I see I will need to use 10 LoH runestones during the event as well. I better not use those before the event then, or else I'll first need to return a lot of other foundables before being able to complete that task.

I'm wondering whether I should still take the effort.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1321 July, 2020, 12:22 pm.

Use the runestones now to try to prestige the pages in advance @Zuzanna93. You'll pick up plenty of extra runestones during the event.

#1421 July, 2020, 01:49 pm.

Ah, I missed that part. Thank @MtPollux!

I hope I'll be able to get the fragments I need. So far today, I've done some challenges but didn't get the fragments I need.

Well, and if it doesn't work out, it's still just a game.

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1521 July, 2020, 02:57 pm.

@Kodokmag I recommend saving up your Trace Charms for Dumbledores on the weekend.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1621 July, 2020, 04:02 pm.

@Dewin99 Guarantees more emergencies, but not necessarily Dumbledore. I cast mine on Quidditch Harry earlier and got 3 Fluffies.

• RabbeinuTamRabbeinuTam Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    #1721 July, 2020, 04:13 pm.

This is my least filled/prestiged family, so it should be a good weekend as the rest of the family usually shows up (looking for you Krum+Hermy-own-ninny, regular Hermione and Young Sirius Black).

Start prepping now, and reap the benefits later.

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 58 ✭✭
    #1822 July, 2020, 07:19 pm.

I cannot for the life of me get the last flying key I need to prestige that page. I've been playing LoH rhinestones for days and nothing. I'm afraid a lot of Dumbledores will be wasted.

• FireWandererFireWanderer Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    #1923 July, 2020, 05:15 am.

@Klc5048 keep at it! If nothing else, getting the rest of the pictures up can set you up for the LOH family XP task (... here's hoping you haven't placed those images yet 😬)

• FredjeFlitserFredjeFlitser Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #2023 July, 2020, 07:44 am.

Ready for this one, but also curious about the August events. @hpwulola any sneak peaks on those? I want to start prepping my other pages for the required family XP :-)

#2123 July, 2020, 08:45 am.

I've got the last two flying keys! Now I'm hoping for two more yule ball invitations but as with @Klc5048: nothing for days...

I'm waiting for the event to start to place foundables so it helps me with the family xp needed.

But of course I'm getting loads of flying keys now that are all waisted :( I'll stop the challenges with LoH runestones for now, hopefully I can get those yule ball invitations magically flying to me during the event. Lot's of challenges on the first day, I think ;)

• CanadaEh08CanadaEh08 Posts: 29 ✭✭
    edited July 23 #2223 July, 2020, 01:04 pm.

@hpwulola thanks so much for I trous I g the new updates before this weekend!!! 4 of my 6 pages are already good so where I would not have cared much to play, now I can look forward to placing images on gold pages to get more Ministry books!

And I have to agree with @Kodokmag Ron seems to be always the one blocking that page!

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 58 ✭✭
    #2323 July, 2020, 06:56 pm.

Just invested a lot of Field Guides and Ministry Manuals to upgrade my LoH mastery before the event. Hopefully it is a successful weekend!

#2424 July, 2020, 07:17 pm.

is knight bus overcrowded? got so many unable to load chamber even had restart app error

• RadicaldavRadicaldav Posts: 77 ✭✭
    #2624 July, 2020, 07:47 pm.

Yes, happened to my wife and she couldn't load for a long time. But i was able to keep playing.

• NanapatnhNanapatnh Posts: 22 ✭✭
    #2724 July, 2020, 07:59 pm.

@EowynRio Also happened to me just as I entered a chamber. My understanding is it’s a server issue and they are working on it.

• ShelbyEnglandShelbyEngland Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2824 July, 2020, 08:03 pm.

Game has crashed! Can't log back in! Potions lost - so disappointing! Keeps saying Connection lost.

• ShelbyEnglandShelbyEngland Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2924 July, 2020, 08:04 pm.

• AlieanaBlottsAlieanaBlotts Posts: 21 ✭✭
    #3024 July, 2020, 08:10 pm.

@Nanapatnh

@EowynRio Wu Robert is working today and will hopefully resolve this glitch soon. Many have reported in multiple threads.

• EowynRioEowynRio Posts: 72 ✭✭✭
    #3124 July, 2020, 08:20 pm.

@Alieana Thanks! Yes, loads of reports. They'll certainly fix this soon.