Note about the Brilliant Event: Brilliant Bogrod the Goblin can be placed by tapping the area under his elbow. The Brilliant Shopping List can be placed by tapping the bottom left corner. Click here for images.
Unleash Your Full Magical Potential With All New SOS Training — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

Unleash Your Full Magical Potential With All New SOS Training

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 881 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 20 July, 2020, 03:48 am.

Get ready to level up your Calamity-kicking skills with all-new training provided by the Statute of Secrecy Task Force. With SOS Training you’ll learn entirely new magical skills with useful benefits to aid you on your adventures.

Every witch or wizard, level 4 and above, regardless of selected Profession, will soon be granted access to a set of new SOS Training skill trees full of never-before-seen lessons. By unlocking these lessons you’ll gain access to skills that have far-ranging effects that can’t be found anywhere else. It’s up to you to decide what skills to invest in based on your own personal playstyle.

Perhaps some of your spells have been feeling a little lacklustre? Mastery will increase the power of your spells and help you better trounce those meddlesome Confoundables. Finding Fawkes a little too eager to flee? Departure Denial reduces the chance that a flighty Foundable escapes after you cast a spell. Fancy improving your Potion-brewing skills to levels even Professor Snape would be proud of? Potions Effect boosts the strength of your Potions and Brew Time Reduction shortens how long it takes to brew them.

Through SOS Training you can also unlock a set of new spells that you invoke directly on the Map called Field Charms. Cast the Trace Charm on existing Traces to reveal even more Traces nearby. Cast the Inn Charm on Inns to generate additional Spell Energy on the Map. Cast the Greenhouse Charm on, you guessed it, Greenhouses, to conjure rare Potion Ingredients. While you alone can see the extra Traces revealed by your Trace Charms, all nearby players can take advantage of the bonus Spell Energy and Potion Ingredients from anyone’s Inn and Greenhouse Charms so be sure to coordinate with fellow players for optimal benefits.

What’s the key to unlocking all of these unique skills? Continuing to develop your magical potential as a wizard in the SOS Task Force of course! To help with your professional development, the SOS Task Force will be providing Field Guides, Ministry Manuals and Defense Against the Dark Arts Books, three new resources you can collect and use alongside existing Restricted Section Books to unlock these new skills. The best part is, Field Guides and Ministry Manuals can be obtained from doing the same things you’ve already been doing—returning Foundables and placing images in the Registry, and Defense Against the Dark Arts Books can be earned by participating in in-game events.

Are you ready to expand your magical horizons with SOS Training? Stay tuned for more information this month. Year two of Harry Potter: Wizards Unite is here!

Tagged:

Comments

• Dragons1111Dragons1111 Posts: 88 ✭✭
    #313 July, 2020, 03:13 pm.

Yaaay woke up to this notification on the app! Excited to see the changes. Particularly looking forward to flee rate reduction skill :)

• NollixNollix Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #513 July, 2020, 03:20 pm.

Introducing a whole new set of game currencies is a complete slap in the face to players who've been here since the beginning. I've stayed with the game through thick and thin, but this has convinced me that the developers do not care about supporting veteran players. I'm done.

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 58 ✭✭
    #713 July, 2020, 03:32 pm.

Looking forward to a new and useful element to the game, but would still like the chance to have some new profession lesson plans to work through.

Will these new spells count towards the "Cast 20 Distinct Spells" achievement?

• MorganzaMorganza Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #913 July, 2020, 03:45 pm.

It seems perfectly reasonable to both require new currencies and reward dedicated long-term players by using their accumulated supply of old currencies, but needing to decide whether to finish the Professor profession or learn the new skills is going to be painful for me.

At least there will be no temptation to grind for the new skills, as Restricted books are the only currency in the game you can't grind.

Guess I'll just have to be content with falling further behind the curve.

And the joke is on all of the people who were told to learn a second profession rather than hoard books for the future ;-)

• MorganzaMorganza Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #1013 July, 2020, 03:48 pm.

@Nollix , if you've been playing since the beginning you should have a stash of accumulated Restricted Section books that will give you a HUGE advantage in the new skill tree. Hardly an insult to old players.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1113 July, 2020, 03:50 pm.

@Morganza I am on my third profession and need to choose now! Eeep!

• rocketjrocketj Posts: 43 ✭✭✭
    #1213 July, 2020, 03:50 pm.

I hope we will be getting a lot more information. At first glance, this just seems to be addressing common complaints like resist rates, departures, and inns/greenhouses. I want new content, not an overhaul of how the game is played.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 48 ✭✭
    #1313 July, 2020, 03:53 pm.

@hpwulola I hope this includes new lesson plans, 'new charms' and just returning foundables and placing images again and again for no reason just to acquire 'field manuals' is going to get old before the summer ends....

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1513 July, 2020, 04:24 pm.

Yay! Finally new lessons 😃 (coming soon...👀😂)

They look interesting. I’m going to have to wait to see the new Skill tree before deciding how to use the books I’ve stocked up. I do still hope there will be more profession skills as well, but guess we’ll have to wait and see what’s introduced.

• NollixNollix Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1713 July, 2020, 04:28 pm.

@Dragons1111 @Morganza @MrSciGuy I get where you're coming from. Sure, I have hundreds of Restricted Section Books and Regular Spell Books, as well as many thousands of scrolls, the latter two of which will be useless for these new skills. I would much rather they'd just added more Lessons for the three Professions ("coming soon...") and added more levels to the fortresses with higher level foes. They got themselves into this mess by waiting for over a year to add new skills. Not to mention the fact that they've never updated the base SOS story. And I wish they'd change the events up a bit -- the Halloween event was one of my favorites! And they've never brought those foes back at all.

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    #1813 July, 2020, 04:33 pm.

Woke up to this in game announcement and got real excited. So restricted section books will still be used but the other won't? I don't have that many of either of them either way nor have I finished my skill tree so with the next two brilliant events I'm hoping I can finish before🤞🏼I'm not sure what use the spells will be to me when I don't live near a greenhouse or inn though and it says you have to cast on them, so we'll see. The trace charm sounds cool but can that be used alongside tonics? So many questions!

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2013 July, 2020, 04:42 pm.

@CBG92 yes, many questions. I’ve got lots too. Like will these field charms have a timer on them or limited daily use or could they be used whenever and however much a player wants (which seems unlikely)? How far would a player be able to get without the DADA books? And how easy is it going to be to get the other new currencies? Other questions too, but they will probably most/all get answered when the lessons are introduced.

• FireWandererFireWanderer Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    #2113 July, 2020, 04:44 pm.

I **REALLY** hope the numbers of the books/manuals at the top of those screenshots are not what is going to be required @hpwulola !! 👀😂🤣

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2313 July, 2020, 04:54 pm.

Sounds like some interesting things heading our way. Thanks for the heads up!

• lilrobert5150lilrobert5150 Posts: 1
    #2413 July, 2020, 05:09 pm.

Haven't been able to play since November of last year

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    #2513 July, 2020, 05:10 pm.

@Imaginatio I don't know. If it's like profession lessons it could be on the player's own time. As for earning the currency I think it'll be more like earning restricted section books so that players don't blow through it too quickly. As for me, I'm literally two lessons away from completing my tree so I'm still invested in that for the time being. I had started as an auror but changed after so I guess I might as well stick with professor now😂

• FireWandererFireWanderer Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    edited July 13 #2613 July, 2020, 05:14 pm.

@MrSciGuy

Even if they gave us new foes that are higher level, professors (and I believe magizoos) can easily become invincible in that they take no damage under certain circumstances. That needs to change if they’re going to introduce new foes at higher levels.

Yes, but it requires cooperation of others.

For a 'Zoo to become invulnerable, they need to have most (all?) of their defense nodes purchased AND receive a shield from a Prof. Not impossible by any means, but can be tricky as Profs will tend to use their shields on the glass Aurors and themselves (see below) first. That's not a guarantee (I tend to shield myself last), but because Zoos are tanky, they can be "eh he/she's alright"ed.

For a Prof, it requires a fully purchased Shield cast on themselves (by themselves or another professor) PLUS have another Enhancement active (Team Proficiency Charm, Team Bravery Charm, Exstimulo Potion, Dawdle Draught) PLUS have two separate hexes placed on the foe they are facing (Deterioration Hex, Weakness Hex, and/or Confusion Hex). The professor can (with 13 focus, or 6 if they have a Dawdle running in the background) do most of this themselves, but they still will need an Auror's help.

What might make more sense is boosting the defense of the Aurors in the next set of lessons, and maybe giving the Profs more power (we seem to take the longest to **** our foes). Oh, and boost the pixies dodge so that non-Profs stop stealing them from us! (the pixies are the only foes that any class can seemingly fight without trouble)

• Drk10rdDrk10rd Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #3013 July, 2020, 06:10 pm.

Notice the "Combat Training" tab in the bottom right corner of the screenshot? Even more new stuff coming up..

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3113 July, 2020, 06:14 pm.

I’m hoping that’s the case @Drk10rd and not just the new home for our current skill tree.