July Community Day - WHERE IS TOM??

ArtieVArtieV Posts: 11 ✭✭
in Community Day #1 latest comment 07 August, 2020, 07:39 pm.

I have been invested in this game from the first week of public launch (no, I’m not a privileged tester so only just over one year of daily play) and a lvl 41 but have yet to come across a SINGLE TOM RIDDEL foundable. I was sure today was going to be a great day. FIX THIS PLEASE.

Also, Google says this is the best discussion forum for this game. Ummm, fix that too please.

Comments

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #211 July, 2020, 07:49 am.

@ArtieV Sorry to hear you haven’t seen Tom yet, he’s a rare one indeed. Today’s Community Day has boosted the Knockturn Alley page:

Tom Riddle isn’t meant to be boosted today, so nothing to’fix’.

I hope you do eventually get to see him soon.

Good luck!

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭
    #311 July, 2020, 08:42 am.

i am not a beta player too, but had seen Tom several times. especially after those fragments revolution 😅

from my experience thou if you keep capturing certain family, that rarer ones (usually more easier on high ones) will eventually pop up. except fragments in 'prison' it will only pop up under 'certain condition' .

just always be ready with potent extimulo and dawdle in vault.

anyway make a post here also good, who knows maybe some magic fairy floating around and hear our plea. 🤔

• ArtieVArtieV Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #411 July, 2020, 09:53 am.

I’ve explored plenty, even during this pandemic. And I’ve starred everything else on that page several times. I’m not the weak link here, Burnt guy. So jam it.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 11 #511 July, 2020, 02:06 pm.

What’s your deal @Burnturrek619? After catching over 14,000 foundables, hitting over 5,000 inns, and winning over 500 battles (all more than you by the way), I’d say @ArtieV is doing it absolutely right. Just seems to have bad luck when it comes to Tom Riddle, that’s all. No need to get an attitude and be presumptuous. Show a little respect.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #612 July, 2020, 04:05 am.

What are you on about now @Burnturrek619?

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #712 July, 2020, 08:03 am.

@Burnturrek619 Is this the Kid with a new username?

Look, different areas spawn really differently. My lovely international group will tell you all about my ridiculously low spawn rates. I only saw my first Tom Riddle a couple of months ago too.

I do think spawn rates need to be looked at a little. It makes no sense why a waypoint rich area like mine, in a major capital city, has fewer spawns (particularly fewer severe and emergency spawns) than a suburb in Idaho.

All I can advise @ArtieV is to keep playing and hope there will be a related event at some point! It is what I am doing!

#812 July, 2020, 08:58 am.

Wow, thanks for the info/feedback/support. I was actually expecting other players to say “yeah, that Tom Riddel foundable is a game glitch...” and I wasn’t expecting the hostility from the burnt619 guy/girl/Xe but I don’t want a war here. I would simply like the game designers to be aware that “luck” should NOT really be a game dynamic. There needs to be some AI that looks at what a trace detection potion or a MULTIPLE dark detector generates. Surely not impossible. Tom Riddel is my ONLY unfound unfoundable.

#921 July, 2020, 06:37 am.
  • Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1021 July, 2020, 07:11 am.

@ArtieV Congratulations! I’m so glad you finally got him!

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1121 July, 2020, 12:40 pm.

That is brilliant news @ArtieV I am really happy for you!

• ParrishBlueParrishBlue Posts: 47 ✭✭
    #1221 July, 2020, 09:20 pm.

Sweet! @ArtieV just thought I'd add that I only just got Tom in the past month too!

Spawns seem odd where I play, I constantly get the same traces (like Hedwig) but never to see ones like young Harry or a Hermione and Viktor. So needless to say I have few prestige pages. Makes those family xp event tasks a bother. And now earning some books require prestige pages....Idk. It's frustrating for sure.

• Eleanor001Eleanor001 Posts: 75 ✭✭
    #1307 August, 2020, 07:39 pm.

Great man! I too found my first one recently 🤗