We’re currently investigating issues with the SOS Report appearing blank, Adventure Sync not working (Android), and in-app purchasing (iOS.) We will provide updates when we have further details.
Brilliant Event: Baby Beasts Part 2 - Page 2 — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

Brilliant Event: Baby Beasts Part 2

2»

Comments

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭
    #3215 July, 2020, 10:47 pm.

@Bormacska@Bormacska I’m not sure what you mean... do you mean so that people would have a reason to replenish their potions? Hopefully they would do that without it being a task. I find the tasks to brew specific potions to be a pain, personally, because I am constantly brewing potions, frequently in both cauldrons, and I have to plan very carefully to be sure I have the right potions brewing at the right time when there are tasks for certain types.

If there was one to brew 6 potions, though, that would definitely belong in Bonus tasks. It’s too much for a regular one.

• Jlo0208Jlo0208 Posts: 2
    #3315 July, 2020, 11:49 pm.

Where can I find the fragment of the baby hornet serpent ?

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭
    #3415 July, 2020, 11:55 pm.

From fortress/knight bus isnt it?

Use the baby brilliant runestone

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3515 July, 2020, 11:55 pm.

My apologies for not being more clear. I meant if one of the tasks within Bonus was to brew 7 potions and another task within bonus was to use those ( or other) seven potions, would that be a better alternative to tasks?

I think in some ways they did try to prepare us for the use 5 potions task with the preceding three tasks by actually rewarding us with wit, health, and a regular invigoration. The reality is you then only had to brew an additional two potions to complete the 5 potions used task. We also had the brew then use three Exstimulos of any variety, perhaps they didn't want to become repetitive.

I think by now they also realize a lot of the more regular players prep by reading up on the events beforehand, so we rent the cauldron, brew and try to ignore our favorite red dot. Potions don't slow down the preppers as much as the XP tasks or portkey tasks do, so they have to find an overall balance to the event. It must be an incredibly hard balance to find between the hardcore that finish in under 24 hrs and those with little time to play and hope a whole week will suffice in getting through. The goldilocks conundrum in designing for such a group of players is rarely perfect.😓

• Jlo0208Jlo0208 Posts: 2
    #3616 July, 2020, 12:05 am.

@Kodokmag i tried that I didn’t get a fragment. Do I need to do it in a particular level?

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020 #3716 July, 2020, 12:32 am.

@Jlo0208 its not guaranted reward, maybe about 50% at Ruin I to 100% at Dark V. anyway other tasks also need to do challenge too

so, many birds for 1 stone?

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭
    #3816 July, 2020, 02:44 am.

@Bormacska Ah, I see what you are saying now. You have a point, I didn’t take into account the potion rewards or the Exstimulos that were brewed as a task.

I do prepare ahead of time for the potion brewing tasks, I just find it to be a bit of a chore because, as I said, I am brewing constantly so, sometimes I have to pay careful attention to what I brew when. It’s not too difficult, just a bit of extra work.

I do still think that it would be more efficient to have the one to use 5 potions in fortress challenges in the same set as the one to beat your highest level fortress, because it makes more sense. However, with those rewards and the earlier brewing task factored in, I see now that it’s not quite as illogical as it first appeared.

• Dragons1111Dragons1111 Posts: 144 ✭✭
    edited July 2020 #3916 July, 2020, 04:58 am.

@Jlo0208 I got it in ruins V. I suggest doing a bunch of ruins 3-5.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4016 July, 2020, 09:08 am.

@Bormacska Your little critter is sooooo cute!

• Hedgepig6Hedgepig6 Posts: 1
    #4117 July, 2020, 07:49 pm.

Did anyone keep track of Constance's commentary for each event Foundable? I clicked through too quickly for the baby horned serpent.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,030 admin
    #4217 July, 2020, 11:40 pm.

Event Bug:

Brilliant Task List 2 in current event has a quest 'Return 5 High Foundables.' Due to an error in the backend, players must return Foundables that are 'Very High' or above. This will be fixed on Monday.

• FireWandererFireWanderer Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    #4320 July, 2020, 02:25 am.

I cannot be the only one who looked at @Bormacska's adorable little buddy and suddenly compelled to start chanting Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn, right?

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4420 July, 2020, 03:54 am.

@FireWanderer 🤣 😂🤣. Thank you! And I am making an army of them!

🐙🐙🐙

#4520 July, 2020, 04:04 am.

@Bormacska

And I am making an army of them!

Ah, so that's the August 2020 plague then? Elder gods coming to rend our minds apart and tear out our souls?

*checks notes*

Yeah, that fits.

*checks Bingo card*

Dagnabbit, don't have that one. *sigh* I just need "rivers of blood!" C'mon now!

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4620 July, 2020, 04:08 am.

@FireWanderer Happened in Russia ain 2016 if that counts?

#4720 July, 2020, 04:30 am.

@Magpie31 - nope, to score a bingo on the "Welcome to the Apocalypse, 2020" chart, it has to have happened in the current calendar year.

I mean, who thought murder hornets and plagues of locusts would pan out??

• PredasPubPredasPub Posts: 3
    #4820 July, 2020, 11:58 am.

Can anyone help me beat my highest chamber for the bonus? Keep running out of time. It is level 27243 or the 18th one down. Thanks in advance.

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    #4920 July, 2020, 12:32 pm.

Is anybody else disgusted by the gift of 15 scrolls this morning?

Devalue our currency, then give us some more?

• RabbeinuTamRabbeinuTam Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    #5020 July, 2020, 12:55 pm.

@PredasPub Welcome to the forum, are you trying to beat the chamber playing solo?

Playing with a team spreads out the foes, so you don't have to do all of them yourself. Wait until you have players of at least one profession each before joining, 5 players are most preferable.

• PredasPubPredasPub Posts: 3
    #5120 July, 2020, 01:55 pm.

@RabbeinuTam Tried being solo. Ran out of time just barely. Tried to get chamber populated but each time they left as soon as the challenge started so I had double the opponents by myself.

was hoping to try and coordinate with a few people if possible and knock it out.

• PierogalloPierogallo Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #5220 July, 2020, 03:31 pm.

@xxxlindy no I'm good with it, if I begin to be disgusted by a gift life is going to be painful ;)

And I don't see why scrolls and red books are devaluated, the new ones change nothing we are still waiting for new profession lessons