Note about the Brilliant Event: Brilliant Bogrod the Goblin can be placed by tapping the area under his elbow. The Brilliant Shopping List can be placed by tapping the bottom left corner. Click here for images.
Brilliant Event: Baby Beasts Part 2 — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

Brilliant Event: Baby Beasts Part 2

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 881 admin
edited July 14 in Announcements #1 latest comment 20 July, 2020, 03:31 pm.

Hello 😀

Part 2 of Brilliant Event: Baby Beasts starts Tuesday, July 14 at 11am Pacific Time!

To help you on your tasks, here is where you can find the Brilliant Foundables on the Event Registry pages: 

Part 2:

• Baby Horned Serpent - Wizarding Challenges 
  • Giant Squid Tentacle - Brilliant Portkey
  • Baby Demiguise - Tasks
  • Baby Grindylow - Tasks
  • Brilliant Baby Hippogriff - Brilliant Encounter
  • Brilliant Baby Unicorn - Brilliant Encounter

Brilliant Portkeys for this event will be 1.5km. As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you part 1 rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2.

Part 1 Brilliant Encounters will appear on the Map during Part 2.

Part 2 will also have Bonus Assignment after the main tasks are completed. Make sure to look for these in-game.

Hope this helps you prepare! Don't forget to pick up your complimentary store pack with 6 Baneberry, 4 Bulbadox Juice, 4 Angels Trumpet, 2 Erumpent Horn, 4 Snowdrop, and 50 Spell Energy.

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #211 July, 2020, 03:38 am.
    #311 July, 2020, 03:41 am.

@hpwulola or @HPWUblue trying to post the Orangewizard infographics and 1 went to moderation could you help get them out of the room of requirement?

#411 July, 2020, 03:43 am.
    #511 July, 2020, 03:45 am.
    #611 July, 2020, 03:50 am.

Bonus task

Augh! Room of requirement again

edited July 11 #711 July, 2020, 03:51 am.

If they are correct there is no family xp requirement in the regular or bonus task

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 558 ✭✭✭
    #811 July, 2020, 04:25 am.

the tasks looks simple enough.

• YoungDurchYoungDurch Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #911 July, 2020, 07:05 am.

Back to Dark V again for the bonus apparently... Oh joy! 🤣

#1011 July, 2020, 12:43 pm.
    #1111 July, 2020, 12:43 pm.
  • KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 558 ✭✭✭
    #1211 July, 2020, 09:04 pm.

no boost for CoMC family this time then?

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1312 July, 2020, 07:45 am.

@Kodokmag Why bother when they were apparently boosted all of yesterday instead of Dark Arts 😂😂

• RabbeinuTamRabbeinuTam Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    #1412 July, 2020, 02:30 pm.

When it says *collect* 1 baby horned serpent in task set 3, does it mean to place it on the page or does it mean to just recieve one from playing a Wizarding Challenge?

If the former, i would suggest having 2 BHS fragments placed while completing task set 2 so that it only takes one more WC to complete

• AMslimfordyAMslimfordy Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #1514 July, 2020, 12:31 pm.

@RabbeinuTam I think it’s the latter. “Collect” sounds closer to “Return”.

But if it’s the former, you’re totally right. And play Forest or higher chambers for better drop rates.

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1714 July, 2020, 07:17 pm.

@hpwulola Nice! 😃

• SpondeeSpondee Posts: 56 ✭✭
    #1814 July, 2020, 08:03 pm.

Is there any way that TTDs can boost High level foundables? 2 TTDs and 0 if them seen with either so far. I did get 2 driving around earlier, but if we're supposed to be able to complete from home, we can't do that if there are no High levels spawning. Thank you!

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1914 July, 2020, 08:11 pm.

Unfortunately no, TTD just boosts foundables in general, not a specific type or threat level. I get your frustration though. Your best bet is dark detectors if you’re trying to get it done quickly.

• SpondeeSpondee Posts: 56 ✭✭
    #2014 July, 2020, 09:39 pm.

If we could use them from home, that would be the perfect solution!

At least I can drive around and find them/go to a place to use Dark Detectors, but that's not a safe, viable solution for everyone.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    #2114 July, 2020, 10:01 pm.

@hpwulola For future events, it seems like the "Use 5 potions in wizarding challenges" task in 4/4 would be better placed in the same set of tasks as "Defeat your highest unlocked chamber 1 time." As it is in this event, you require us to use 5 of our precious potions in one set of tasks and then in the next set of tasks defeat the chamber in which we really could have used them. It's not a deal-breaker for me, because I was able to use my easier to get potions in the first task but some people who don't have a lot of potions to begin with might have less choice in what they use. Just a thought.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2215 July, 2020, 12:51 am.

So maybe it's just me, but how is it that Constance is so knowledgeable about the black market trade of baby beasts when she just professed before that she isn't an animal person?

• RabbeinuTamRabbeinuTam Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    #2315 July, 2020, 03:14 am.

Finished the core four task sets for Baby Beasts Part 2, onto the Bonus Tasks.

Need 5 squid legs via finishing the Bonus Tasks or unlocking & using 5 portkeys and 2 baby hippogriffs to finish the event.

@AMslimfordy yes, you only need to receive one fragment of the baby horned serpent to complete that task.

@CeruleanGirl i respectfully disagree because A) the 5 potions are in the core 4 task sets and B) in the bonus task set there is a "Use 7 Potions" task. If the 5 potion task was there too, it would be way too easy to finish.

@Bormacska seems to me like Constance isn't all she seems to be, trying to play us for fools. I believe she is working for the bad guys.

@hpwulola the new DADA spell books look awesome, can't wait to use them.

#2415 July, 2020, 06:55 am.

Congratulations on finishing so quickly @RabbeinuTam!

• GatorellaGatorella Posts: 39 ✭✭
    #2515 July, 2020, 04:05 pm.

What do we use the DADA books for?

• RincewindsHatRincewindsHat Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #2615 July, 2020, 04:21 pm.

Hi all, enjoying the game (almost a week in, just made L26 Prof L7).

Stuck on BB pt2 3/4 use any exstimulo in a wizarding challenge.

Tried the Knight Bus, but the option to use EP, SEP, PEP not there... so I tried going into a chamber with an EP pre-loaded but that didn't count for the challenge...

Any ideas welcome

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 881 admin
    #2715 July, 2020, 04:23 pm.

@CeruleanGirl That's good feedback, thanks!

Wow, @RabbeinuTam quick completion! Excited to get the DADA books I see 😁

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2815 July, 2020, 04:27 pm.

@RincewindsHat welcome to the forum!

When you are doing a wizarding challenge (on the Knight Bus or at a physical fortress), tap on an opponent to engage them. When you're in the battle with the foe, tap the potion icon in the lower left corner of the screen to open your potion vault. That will bring up the image of 3 potions, but you may be able to see others by scrolling left or right. Select one of the varieties of exstimulo potion (one of the blue ones) and tap on it to use it. It will make your next few attacks stronger, which will help you to defeat the chamber faster. This will give you credit for the task.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    #3015 July, 2020, 07:04 pm.

@RabbeinuTam Yes, I realize that, but the task in the fourth set is to use the potions specifically in Challenges, while the one in the bonus tasks is to just use seven potions. Therefore, my point is that the task to use them in challenges should be in the same task set as the one to beat your highest fortress level. By placing it in the set before, it forces players to use up several of their fortress-friendly potions and then, in the next set, beat an extremely difficult fortress challenge in which those potions would have been very helpful.

If the task to use any potions and the one to use potions in the fortress were switched, it would mean that you could use things like TTDs, BBEs, DDs and basic Exstimulos for the first one, and save the most useful fortress potions for when you tackle your highest fortress level. Obviously for people who have a lot of potions on hand, it’s not an Issue, but not everyone is that lucky.

#3115 July, 2020, 07:33 pm.

Would it have been better had they put another brew 6 task in 4/4 or in the bonus round @CeruleanGirl ?