July Community Day Details

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 950 admin
edited July 7 in Announcements #1 latest comment 13 July, 2020, 02:50 pm.

July Community Day is all day Saturday, July 11 from 12:01 a.m.–11:59 p.m. local time. Shine a light on the collection of dark curios and creatures found in Knockturn Alley including Thestrals, Swooping Evils and more.

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

This Community Day you can look forward to the following:

• Special Assignments focused on returning Dark Arts Foundables to Knockturn Alley with rewards including Potions, Spell Books, Ingredients and Gold
  • Increased sightings of Foundables from the Knockturn Alley Registry page
  • Tonic for Trace Detection will reveal more Community Day Traces, only take 1 hour to brew, and its Master Notes will reduce brew time by 50%
  • Increased chance to receive Knockturn Alley Sign Fragments when using Dark Arts Runestones in Forest IV (Chamber 14) and higher
  • Increased Wizarding XP, Challenge Family XP, and Spell Energy Rewards from Wizarding Challenges
  • A special 1km Portmanteau that rewards Dark Arts Family XP and Knockturn Alley Sign fragments
Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #302 July, 2020, 06:40 pm.

OW infographics in moderation. 😉

#402 July, 2020, 07:16 pm.
  • KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 718 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2 #502 July, 2020, 09:08 pm.

infographic also says 30 minutes. i hope its now an error like last time.

and no family xp task. LoL

i could focus on this brilliant event CoMC then.

• RabbeinuTamRabbeinuTam Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    #603 July, 2020, 01:07 am.

Looks cool, have been waiting for the dark arts to be featured so that i could finish the Knockturn Alley page for the first time.

As a side note, @hpwulola is there a reason why Community Days were moved from Sunday to Saturday? I can't be on my phone for most of Saturday so i have a very limited time to complete the Community Day assignments, especially during the summer.

#703 July, 2020, 10:22 am.

i hope the brewing time its not an error (just read that my post above need an edit but too late LoL)

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 950 admin
    #803 July, 2020, 06:49 pm.

@RabbeinuTam No specific reason besides when the scheduling works out! Saturdays have worked well with the schedule so we have opted for then. July's is 24 hours, I hope you get a chance to play 😊

We do have monthly Wizarding Weekends which span over a whole weekend and more players have a chance to play + complete.

• RabbeinuTamRabbeinuTam Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    #1003 July, 2020, 07:51 pm.

@hpwulola completely understand. I just can't use my phone on Saturdays until an hour after sundown, which gives me about 2 hours this time of year. The past few Community Days, I have either just finished or just missed finishing

• SilverElmSilverElm Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1505 July, 2020, 11:24 am.

Yet another super event!

Do you have any hints as to the new features that are coming this month?

My excitement levels are at bursting point!!

#1606 July, 2020, 11:30 pm.

Few additional details added to the post!

#1706 July, 2020, 11:37 pm.

Wizarding reward Increased family xp only for dark arts family or all family? 😬

#1807 July, 2020, 12:58 am.

@Kodokmag Ah correction: It should be Wizarding XP, not Family XP. Thanks for pointing that out!

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1907 July, 2020, 01:05 am.

Which part was updated?

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭
    #2007 July, 2020, 07:34 am.

@MrSciGuy The following was updated:

Increased Wizarding XP, Challenge Family XP, and Spell Energy Rewards from Wizarding Challenges

It was changed, since it did not clearly state Wizarding XP and Challenge Family XP

#2108 July, 2020, 12:13 pm.

No infographic update?

• SaratraSaratra Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #2208 July, 2020, 01:05 pm.

Looking forward to it

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭
    #2308 July, 2020, 11:20 pm.

While of course it's always nice to get anything free, the complimentary gifts lately have been quite boring. It's always TTD ingredients and a small amount of spell energy. TTD ingredients are extremely easy to find on the map. I would much rather it included one each of the really rare ingredients like Unicorn Hair and Hermit Crab Shell. Yes, I realize that there are better items in the priced bundles, and I do sometimes get them if they appeal to me, but it would be nice if the complimentary ones were a bit more useful or interesting.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2408 July, 2020, 11:41 pm.

Although I personally agree with you @CeruleanGirl, many players have posted commenting that they no longer find TTD ingredients as easily as they did a few months ago. Although you and I aren't very excited to get TTD ingredients, I suspect they are very helpful to other players.

#2509 July, 2020, 12:33 am.

Maybe a point system? Each ingredient assign a point in them and complimentary gift for player are some number of points. Then each player could spent their point to ingredients they want?

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2609 July, 2020, 02:03 pm.

SNOWDROP PLEASE

#2709 July, 2020, 05:32 pm.

Oh, if I could owl post you some @ClairabusGryff! I just deleted 30 of them!

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2809 July, 2020, 06:41 pm.

Ahhh thank you for the thought @Bormacska! It is the thought that counts!

My vault is pretty full to brew a ton of TTD’s this weekend. I think I have enough to brew like 25 of them.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    #2909 July, 2020, 09:48 pm.

@CeruleanGirl Agreed the supposed free packages are, anymore, rather weak in offerings.

They use to be much heftier and a true gift before the Covid **** occurred

• MumNZMumNZ Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #3010 July, 2020, 08:52 pm.

Today is Community Day. Your newsletter said that Tonic for Trace Detection would take only one hour. The one I just started said seven hours, which reduced to three and a half after I applied the notes. 

Is this going to happen all day or will the one hour brew time be true later today? 

Thanks and best wishes

• FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    #3110 July, 2020, 09:49 pm.

Déjá vu