Note about the Brilliant Event: Brilliant Bogrod the Goblin can be placed by tapping the area under his elbow. The Brilliant Shopping List can be placed by tapping the bottom left corner. Click here for images.
Brilliant Event: Baby Beasts Part 1 - Page 2 — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

Brilliant Event: Baby Beasts Part 1

Comments

• JuneBUWPJuneBUWP Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #3230 June, 2020, 07:15 pm.

At home. TTD gave 9 brilliant spawns and dragon egg boosted spawn. Plus a COMC baby unicorn, although not boosted.

• PaperpuffPaperpuff Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #3330 June, 2020, 07:21 pm.

And what about the portkeys? I haven’t spotted any yet...

• C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 50 ✭✭
    #3430 June, 2020, 08:58 pm.

Two potential bugs:

1) 4 Wizard challenges with "baby brilliant" runes - ZERO Brilliant rewards. I have run out so cannot test with more yet.... but 4 for 0 is low based on prior events.

2) VERY low count of COMC foundables. Since start of event (without TOTD - saving for later stages) - only 4 have appeared - plenty of all other. If you are limiting ONCE again to only appear with TOTD - that is silly.

Port-keys are spawning for me.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 170 ✭✭
    #3530 June, 2020, 09:37 pm.

@MtPollux @hpwulola

For bonus assignment, “win in your highest unlocked chamber”, what If Dark V -IS open?

Developers haven’t released any since Dark V

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3630 June, 2020, 10:19 pm.

@WitchHiker, then dark V it is!

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 248 ✭✭✭✭
    #3730 June, 2020, 10:54 pm.

ComC spawns have nearly dried up for the event. Trace Tonics are bringing some Brilliant traces, but only 1 or 2 ComC per TT.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3801 July, 2020, 12:03 am.

Remember @C4tmonster that brilliant fortress fragments are not guaranteed. I know going 0 for 4 seems like a bug, but I think it’s just more about bad luck. Keep trying when you get more runestones, and I’m sure you’ll see success. Also the more difficult the chamber, the higher the chance of being awarded a fortress fragment.

• RabbeinuTamRabbeinuTam Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    #3901 July, 2020, 12:28 am.

Agreed @MrSciGuy, beginner level chambers almost never reward fortress fragments

#4001 July, 2020, 12:39 am.

@MrSciGuy - forest and dark challenges.... zero. I keep trying but runes are slow with so few spawns and 3xp per fragment. I keep plodding away

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4101 July, 2020, 12:53 am.

That’s just bad luck. To test your theory, win in dark 5. Guaranteed fortress fragment.

• Stina1AStina1A Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    #4201 July, 2020, 01:23 am.

I got a fragment with a brilliant runestone. You’ll get one! Sorry for the poor RNG 😕

• Dragons1111Dragons1111 Posts: 88 ✭✭
    #4301 July, 2020, 01:23 am.

Anybody opened a brilliant portkey? I saw one and missed picking it up. Curious to know about new environment hpwulola mentioned :)

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    #4401 July, 2020, 01:28 am.

I’m not seeing any sign that CoMC traces are boosted. Even with a TTD I am seeing them maybe 1 in 10 or 12 traces and they are almost always Acromantula Eggs. I was out at the park and at the local Smiths parking lot that always has tons of traces. Lots of Brilliants, but very few CoMC.

#4501 July, 2020, 01:33 am.

So you can also go the opposite route and try ruins 1-3. Out of four attempts I had a 50% success rate.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 558 ✭✭✭
    #4601 July, 2020, 02:34 am.

I think team battle also increase chance for getting fragmen. Maybe just me thou

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    #4701 July, 2020, 04:04 am.

@hpwulola Is the Portkey the inside of Newt’s suitcase?

• PaperpuffPaperpuff Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #4801 July, 2020, 10:01 am.

Portkeys have started spawning for me, so that’s something :) Plus I’m already at task 4, so it looks like enough spawns here to do the tasks (I live right next to a fortress though, so I might be lucky).

Tonics still seem to have no to hardly any effect on brilliant or CoMC spaws.

I get fragments from Ruins chambers just fine, so if you’re not getting any in the higher chambers, maybe going for the ruins is a good idea, at least it saves spell energy!

• Zuzanna93Zuzanna93 Posts: 58 ✭✭
    #4901 July, 2020, 12:03 pm.

I get enough spawns of brilliant and ComC traces - not crazy amounts but enough.

I've seen Hagrid once, Hippogrif a few times and more dragon and acromantula eggs.

I've picked up 3 portkeys so far. I haven't used TTD.

Haven't played a challenge yet so I don't know about trace rewards there.

So far, I like it!

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 558 ✭✭✭
    #5001 July, 2020, 12:08 pm.

Got several boggart cabinet and hagrid umbrella. Cant complaint, i could prestige that sacred furniture page. 😬

Anyway, forum so peacefull i thought everybody had finish it all.

#5101 July, 2020, 12:50 pm.

Taking my time and enjoying this one @Kodokmag. Have actually had Hagrid make an appearance as well as Firenze!

#5201 July, 2020, 12:54 pm.

I did notice while placing the baby Niffler that Constance was still whinging on about the baby dragon... @hpwulola might want to let the team know about that one. But great event so far!

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #5301 July, 2020, 01:01 pm.

I also noticed that Constance needs a proofreader. Plus, she was mean as a child.

#5401 July, 2020, 01:33 pm.

@Bormacska noticed that with the Niffler as well.

Also it was a missed opportunity not talking about Norberta when placing the baby dragon.

#5501 July, 2020, 02:25 pm.

The bigger issues is with SPAWNS - why in every event is something new broken:

Very few COMC foundables appearing - even when using TTD. Last 2 used only had 2 and 3 spawn respectively...

No energy spawn - nada, zilch, nothing, niente - 2hrs and not one drop has spawned. No issues before placing TTD but none dring TTDs (x2 needed for part3) and since... approx. 2hrs. It could be the first time I run out of spell energy.

I know with so many locations and other factors testing is difficult but again - TESTING IS SO LACKING IN THIS GAME.

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    #5601 July, 2020, 03:05 pm.

@Kodokmag That seems to be the best way to get them for me, only once in a blue moon solo. Possibly just coincidence though. Main thing I was having trouble with was portkeys and energy not appearing much on the map yesterday for awhile but I was finally able to refill as of last night.

• DextraoneDextraone Posts: 38 ✭✭
    #5701 July, 2020, 03:59 pm.

Just a thought regarding the spawn rates and fortress rewards using brilliant runestones...I didn't receive the red dot notification on settings icon to remind me to download assets. After an error filled KB experience, I went to file a bug report and was reminded. Have since downloaded assets and am about to try again.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 170 ✭✭
    #5801 July, 2020, 04:24 pm.

I’m tired of these events SLOWLY ever so SLOWLY, portioning out certain traces, etc...

If The event wants us to brew 2 TTD potions then those two potions should be enough to return the fragments needed for completion.

it’s getting to be all about $$$$ fir these developers and ruining the fun fir the rest of us.

Some of us do not have the luxury to make the event last a full week and try really hard to complete the event within a small window.

Limiting fragments, fortress things is just plain mean.

• GatorellaGatorella Posts: 39 ✭✭
    #5901 July, 2020, 06:16 pm.

I really enjoyed this event! This is the fastest I’ve ever finished.

#6001 July, 2020, 06:42 pm.

Just a thought: the event is not supposed to be easy to finish in a day or two, there is a reason it is there for a week.

Can it be done in a day?

Yes, if you have the resources and skills.

Should it be done in a day?

Not necessarily, the events shouldn't be easy to finish quickly by lower level players, it is supposed to be more rewarding to players that have worked hard to master their craft.

• ParrishBlueParrishBlue Posts: 45 ✭✭
    #6101 July, 2020, 07:59 pm.

Hi, so I'm assuming the middle task is actually placing 3 brilliant images... is that correct? I placed a Hagrid Hut COMC fragment... and then confused myself because I didn't know how to get a brilliant hut. Then I checked the images posted here: so I'm guessing it's a typo?