Not getting fragments for returning foundables

BroodyGambitBroodyGambit Posts: 1
in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 03 July, 2020, 03:52 pm.

Hello, I've noticed a problem that happens with increasing instances where I return a foundable, but instead of going to the capture screen it goes straight back to the map. After this happens, it registers that I collected a Foundable for daily missions, but my fragment count for what I got does not register. This just happened with 4 Emergency or Severe level threats in a row and it is very frustrating given the rarity of the fragments

6 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #226 June, 2020, 06:21 pm.

Were you traveling in a vehicle at the time or were you stationary/walking?

• JMK0410JMK0410 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #326 June, 2020, 07:04 pm.

Same problem. I have returned gryffindor student 3x when I have been 37/38 and none have registered. I missing out on family XP and prestiging for gold!

• PedagogyMa5terPedagogyMa5ter Posts: 1
    #426 June, 2020, 08:22 pm.

I’m having the same issue

• grsmhikergrsmhiker Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #526 June, 2020, 08:26 pm.

This is likely a form of speedlock, as I see it happen frequently while moving in a vehicle, but it can also be triggered by drift when stationary. If you are inside a building and have poor GPS reception, your phone's location services can attempt to triangulate your position using nearby wifi hotspots and cell towers... and it's not unusual to see your position jump by up to hundreds of meters, sometimes even triggering the "don't play while driving" message. This can also happen on some phones when switching out of the app and back. It's likely that the game interprets this as rapid movement, and triggers the speedlock mechanism to deny you the foundable.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 93 ✭✭
    #627 June, 2020, 03:03 pm.

Then FIX this ‘speed lock’ issue as it is criminal that we’re being denied counts when WE ARE SITTING STILL!!

plus-I’m having issue with this weekends event where I’m not receiving credit for returning Sorting Hats. 

mom sitting at 7/10. I believe I should

be ‘at least’ at 8/10.

• zoeeszoees Posts: 1
    edited July 1 #701 July, 2020, 12:38 pm.

This just happened to me with a Swooping Evil that would have been the fragment I needed to prestige! So frustrating.

• HorcrushingitHorcrushingit Posts: 1
    #803 July, 2020, 03:52 pm.

This is happening to me - multiple fragments not being counted.