Happy Anniversary!

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 921 admin
edited June 21 in Announcements #1 latest comment 09 July, 2020, 07:36 pm.

To help celebrate the first anniversary of Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, take a look at some of the accomplishments from witches and wizards from around the world over the past year. It's been a magical ride so far and we can't wait for year two!

Get ready to kick off year two of Harry Potter: Wizards Unite with all-new ways to grow your magical talents and unlock never-before-seen benefits and rewards in game. Stay tuned next month for all the details!

What has been everyone's favorite Wizards Unite memory?

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• zviznemtezviznemte Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #221 June, 2020, 06:12 pm.

Dragon Event :D

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 288 ✭✭✭
    #321 June, 2020, 08:06 pm.

"grow your magical talents"

new lessons or maybe spells? I can hope😂 I'm still a ways from maxing my profession anyway so if that's the case then I'm even further behind

• Stina1AStina1A Posts: 114 ✭✭✭
    #621 June, 2020, 09:57 pm.

Also, Happy Anniversary everyone!!!

• FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    #721 June, 2020, 11:05 pm.

Yes, congrats. I begging play since first day too.

• stmsystmsy Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #822 June, 2020, 12:55 am.

Happy Anniversary!

Any recommended hashtags for sharing my favorite wizardsunite memory?

@hpwulola

• NursePoppyNursePoppy Posts: 75 ✭✭✭
    #1022 June, 2020, 06:46 am.

I am a Day One player. This game has brought me much joy, and continues to help me deal with the Pandemic. Many MANY thanks for all the game adjustments so we can play from home.

My favorite memory: attending WizardFest 2019 in Indianapolis with my daughter was the most fun I've had for a long time. Can you believe that I'm old enough to have never worn a backpack before? LOL

• EowynRioEowynRio Posts: 85 ✭✭✭
    #1122 June, 2020, 09:51 am.

Happy anniversary! 🥳

Best memory ever: the Welsh Dragon! Oh what a joy seeing that dragon! Pure joy! It's not the one from my "region" but I managed to see and catch it again when I travelled to the UK. I LOVE it! 😍

And the Knight Bus that allowed us, lonely solo players, to battle alongside other witches and wizards. So, in this case, best memory was to get in the lobby with other players for the first time. I was so nervous! Of course, I knew nothing about group strategies but I've been learning a lot from more experienced players who generously share their tips and experieces. So, I've been having a blast since the bus has been introduced. 🤩

Thank you all, players and developers! 🥰

• Plan9Plan9 Posts: 51 ✭✭✭
    #1222 June, 2020, 12:17 pm.

Walking around on launch day with my kids and finding foundables. Not having a clue what I was doing and just using ALL the spell energy!

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    #1323 June, 2020, 06:22 am.

I'm a day two player (was having phone issues day one sadly). Have to say my favorite memory was the day I realized I accidentally walked 11 miles in under 4 hours during a community day event trying to get fully prestiged.

#1423 June, 2020, 12:22 pm.

Look how curious. I've already collected 35000 foundables. On the birthday banner says that we already collected 5 billion traces. If i dividing if everyone like me collected on average 35000 traces would just have to play 142.000 player active in app hpwu.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1523 June, 2020, 03:25 pm.

Not everyone is like you though. Some have collected more, and many have collected less. So your assumption of 142,000 players is likely very far off. In fact, in the first week alone there were over 6.5 million downloads.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1623 June, 2020, 03:54 pm.

@FixMyGreenStars You are definitely not the "average". I have been a daily player since the start, and return as many foundables as I can. I am on 12672. A friend who is a regular player in a less urban area is on 7000ish.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1723 June, 2020, 05:13 pm.

@FixMyGreenStars I'm a daily player since day 1, and I live in an area with bountiful spawns. I have just over 18k foundables collected. I expect that I'm well above the average of all HPWU players, and you're almost twice as high as I am. I'm confident that there are well over 142,000 players.

• RabbeinuTamRabbeinuTam Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    #1823 June, 2020, 09:57 pm.

Player since day 1, level 36 should reach 37 over the weekend, 8289 foundables returned, 453km, 892 Wizarding Challenges won. Truly a fun experience

• SheganerSheganer Posts: 50 ✭✭
    #1923 June, 2020, 11:33 pm.

This past year was a lot of fun!!!

The most memorable out of all was Fan Festival in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA... I have met my first new friends-wizards there... one of them was from Japan...and she still plays and we exchange presents all the time...

Hi Ruthfalia!!!

I hope that we can have more of these Festivals years to come!

As a matter of fact gift exchange program aloud me to meet wizards from all over the world...I believe I have friends on all continents... from Canada to Brazil; from Europe to Australia, its always so cool to learn about their worlds from the little post cards that comes as attachments to the presents.

Personal Thank You to all at Niantic, Inc. and Warner Brothers for bringing game to life!

• SheganerSheganer Posts: 50 ✭✭
    #2023 June, 2020, 11:48 pm.

P.S.

Most of you sharing your personal achievements...so I felt comfortable to show mine... I have friends who have completed more than me... or less than me...

Regardless of how much we have done so far, we all had fun doing it !!! 🙃😀

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    #2125 June, 2020, 03:04 am.

any news about cakes for us? 🤭

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 360 ✭✭✭✭
    #2225 June, 2020, 06:30 am.

@Kodokmag The cake is a lie!

• diwadiwatadiwadiwata Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #2325 June, 2020, 02:26 pm.

My favorite memory in the game is finally completing Dark 5 thanks to the Knight Bus and Discord friends. It was my first time ever playing with a team of 5. The anniv also brought back pre-lockdown memories of afternoon office breaks my friend and I take. We would have coffee at the coffee shop near the office and play in the fortress near it. Right now we haven't played as much on the Knight Bus.

#2425 June, 2020, 04:44 pm.

No doubt my favorite was the day of the dragon community. I collected 98 chinese fireball in 3 hours.

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    #2526 June, 2020, 01:08 am.

The best moment was finishing my Auror lesson plan. And plotting the best way to get there. Did I want to stress teamwork or personal power first?

I hope to get another chance to plot my way through lessons. We've been playing for one year, so aren't we Second Years now, with new spellbooks to buy?

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    #2609 July, 2020, 07:11 pm.

No response? I have over twenty-five thousand scrolls. When are the new classes coming? We are waiting

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2709 July, 2020, 07:36 pm.

I like thinking that we are second years now. So shouldn’t we be looking for the Chamber of Secrets?