June Wizarding Weekend- 800 Hogwarts Family XP?!?

2»

Comments

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3206 July, 2020, 02:13 pm.

Except are the Brilliant event tasks supposed to be "challenges" or "steps"? I feel like these more challenging things like winning highest chambers do belong in bonus tasks. Bonus tasks were the challenge factor in response to hardcore complainers.

I am not going to complain about either fxp or highest chamber for myself, as they are achievable. But they are extremely challenging to the point of impossibility for a lot of average players.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3306 July, 2020, 04:17 pm.

@WSDC13888 I agree with you that the fxp tasks are terrible. They’re exhausting, not challenging. They make me hate the game after a while because it’s just the monotony of catching foundable after foundable and using runestone after runestone (with no guarantee of fxp). And I know you can place an image to speed it up, but not everyone is in a good place to do that when the event starts, which then makes it an unfair task.

It’s not an enjoyable task by any means. I’m not sure why they keep including it. If anything, make it part of the bonus. Either way, it’s boring and frustrating.

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3406 July, 2020, 04:22 pm.

@MrSciGuy

Isn't the core issue then that the whole "return foundables"-part of the game is monotonous - and that there isn't enough "activity variety" in the game overall? I mean, defeating Fortress-Foes is only slightly different from oddity-foundables...

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3506 July, 2020, 04:29 pm.

@Lucoire The difference is that by setting the fxp tasks to a certain family, you are returning the same two or three spawns time after time which creates the monotony.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3606 July, 2020, 04:32 pm.

@Lucoire yes and no. Returning foundables on an average day is different from the fxp tasks. On an average day, I get a variety of foundables from different families. I get to pick and choose. I get rare ones sprinkled in. It’s a bit more enjoyable.

For the fxp task, I’ve now returned the Acromantula egg about 50 times. It’s the same foundables, the same family, over and over and over. So no, it’s not quite the same.

I do agree with you that there is not enough “activity variety” in the game overall.