Ministry XP not being counted on task 4/4

KethrieKethrie Posts: 1
in Archive #1 latest comment 24 June, 2020, 07:40 pm.

ministry family XP is not being recorded for the fourth task when earned from Wizarding Challenges. It is only recording for me from returning ministry foundables s.

Tagged:
21 votes

Working as intended · Last Updated

The task requires Ministry of Magic Family XP. You can receive Ministry of Magic Family XP by returning MoM Traces, placing MoM Foundables in the Registry, and some times you can receive MoM Family XP from Wizarding Challenges (not guaranteed).

Comments

• LilJediLilJedi Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #217 June, 2020, 05:04 am.

Same thing happening to me! And Tonic for Trace only provides 1-2 Ministry foundables so if they don’t fix it, we won’t get to the bonus round!

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 131 ✭✭
    #317 June, 2020, 06:26 am.

@Kethrie @LilJedi If you can place a picture on one of the Ministry pages you'll receive a lot of family xp as reward. You might want to look out for foundables that are close to placing.

Good luck!

• LilJediLilJedi Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #417 June, 2020, 07:39 am.

I had completed 2 avatars in the Ministry page and didn’t get any XPs for them. I only get them through foundables. I won’t be able to complete this in time to do the bonus challenge if they don’t fix it!

• LadyGioLadyGio Posts: 2
    edited June 17 #517 June, 2020, 01:53 pm.

I am having this issue also. I restarted my game and it was fixed.... and then after 2 fortresses it stopped giving MoM xp again. Restarting didn't fix this time.

• EwokiaEwokia Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #617 June, 2020, 03:03 pm.

I am also having this issue. I returned my first MoM with 105 xp and earned 5 xp for the challenge. I did it again and got 80 xp from another, got 3, the last one I earned 105 again and got 5 xp. I have 13 xp. How on earth am I going to get 800?

• PlopablePlopable Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #717 June, 2020, 04:19 pm.

I am getting it earned based on number of foundable fragments earned rather than xp. Requires a lot more **** this way. Likely needs to be fixed in the developer side.

Would love Niantic to send news of error and potential fix time.

• mysteriousDmysteriousD Posts: 43 ✭✭
    #817 June, 2020, 04:28 pm.

Keep in mind you are not guarenteed to get the family XP from fortresses. Just like the fragments, it doesnt always give. But at only 10 family XP a pop in fortresses and 3-7 for the most commonly popping foundables (with ministry newt giving 20 and not showing that much), the 600 ministry points needed is a bit much for regular tasks. Especially for those who are no where near being able to place an image being they recently placed those that were close.

This feels more like a task for the bonus round with that much family specific XP needed.

Also agree with who posted about the tonic not really giving many ministry foundables. I think I was lucky if I saw a total of 5 or so between 2 tonics (used at different times of day even).

• KterbKterb Posts: 0 ✭✭
    #917 June, 2020, 09:07 pm.

Task is to earn 600 Ministry of Magic family XP. Game appears to be counting foundables instead (note there cannot be XP of 64 under any circumstance).

• R8chullR8chull Posts: 1
    #1017 June, 2020, 09:22 pm.

agreed. It is counting the fragments and not the XP. At this rate, it will take days if not weeks to complete this one task.

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #1117 June, 2020, 09:44 pm.

I will confirm it is also happening to me.

Furthermore, it happened to me on Saturdays community day and the previous one as well.

It is occurring only with the family foundables challenges. MoM this time around. I have about 60 of the 600. Just popped a TFTD and I have only seen one MoM which disappeared. This won't be possible to complete. I also missed out on the Potent Ex and then final bonus from Saturday due to this bug.

#1217 June, 2020, 09:45 pm.

Sorry. Want to add that it is not counting fragments. The higher difficulty foundables reward more as was stated above. But the number is in the single digits.

• AgaragesalerAgaragesaler Posts: 1
    #1317 June, 2020, 11:09 pm.

I finally got the 600 XP, but what a struggle! Even with Trace potions, so few MofM foundables were appearing on the map until quite recently. Even with increased appearance, usually picking up 3/5 XP per foundable return made the task a grind.

The only thing that saved me was prestiging images. I had 3 that were close, and was able to do them. If it hadn't been for that it would have taken me days to finish, leaving very little time to work on the bonus.

I'm warning my daughter, who hasn't started the event yet, to save up any image prestiging until she gets to 4/4.

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #1418 June, 2020, 03:31 am.

Earlier in the day I redeemed three stickers on page 1 in ministry that I’ve already finished, to my horror I needed those points in the event! Going to take a long time to finish this, and no way will I finish the bonus..

• ZoGarthZoGarth Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1518 June, 2020, 09:25 am.

Just to chime in the same thing for me, and at this rate at an average of 5 per return , you will need to return 120 minstery foundables. Yikes! Nope not happening!

• MAGKONEMAGKONE Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1618 June, 2020, 09:44 am.

I've been having the same problem. Finally reported it to niantic and was led to this page.

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    edited June 18 #1718 June, 2020, 10:38 am.

It's very grindy. Especially because the trace detection potion isn't helping.

Seriously game, I need MoM... Not brilliants.

What a waste of brewing trace potions.

• DextraoneDextraone Posts: 31 ✭✭
    #1818 June, 2020, 11:58 am.

My experience is that the tabulations are correct, however I'm not seeing the increase in traces either on the map or via TTD. I believe that to reasonably be able to complete this task we must be able to place a few images for the image prestige bonus family xp. Off hand, I know that I need 18 Memos, 19 Bogrod and 23 Daily Prophet Stands. Without a boost in traces, don't think I'll make it!

• NinoTheBrainNinoTheBrain Posts: 3
    #1918 June, 2020, 12:37 pm.

Same happening to me.

• WolfedragonWolfedragon Posts: 1
    #2018 June, 2020, 01:31 pm.

Same thing is happening for me.

• monolinmonolin Posts: 1
    edited June 18 #2118 June, 2020, 02:50 pm.

Just returned a Ministry Official at Bronze Prestige level. That brought me to 11 Fragments, and I earned 70 EXP.

The assignment task only credited me earning 3 EXP. I had 133 before, then had 136 afterwards.

It clearly isn’t calculating the earned experience correctly.

EDIT: Returned a second Official, received 80 EXP, but the task only credited 3 EXP.

Game version:

2.13.1.22240553.d225019.a224699

• Cheka0501Cheka0501 Posts: 1
    #2218 June, 2020, 03:07 pm.

I’m having the same issue, yesterday I was getting MoM XP from challenges but today, I’ve completed about 10 and received nothing.

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    #2318 June, 2020, 03:57 pm.

Went through most of my runes but I farmed ruins I until I could turn in some fragments.

For those who have a few bronze/silver/gold pages... That's the way to go.

• SinnedmalSinnedmal Posts: 2
    #2418 June, 2020, 04:10 pm.

I am also having similar in game issues where I have been doing a lot of Wizarding challenge and recieve no points for Ministry of Magic dam frustrating

• SinnedmalSinnedmal Posts: 2
    #2518 June, 2020, 04:16 pm.

Having issues with 4th event even played the highest level In wizarding challenge using MOM not getting points for 2 days. Please resolve issue it’s getting frustrating

• McvitieMcvitie Posts: 1
    #2618 June, 2020, 04:33 pm.

I'm the same!! Going nuts, should have completed this task 10 times over but as people have said only getting 3-7 xp at a time 😫😣

• PinkRosesPinkRoses Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #2718 June, 2020, 04:39 pm.

Everything everyone said above. Hella frustrating. I did Tonic for Trace detection and got 2.

• poggypoopoggypoo Posts: 1
    #2818 June, 2020, 05:27 pm.

Out of about 30 mom I've gotten a total of 120 xp, if like I'm only getting a portion of xp only per mom instead of all

#2918 June, 2020, 06:51 pm.

I was able to complete the 600! The big numbers came from returning all fragments and placing the images for three foundables, two of which are only available through wizarding challenges. I used a lot of runes, but that did the trick for me.

Otherwise, it was single digits for each fragment on the map.

Fortunately the bonus assignment looks fine. More family XP requirement.

• ShelJTGinORShelJTGinOR Posts: 2
    #3018 June, 2020, 08:00 pm.

The game is not giving out any family XP more than half the time, even in the fortress challenges when using a MoM runestone. Frustrating!

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 131 ✭✭
    #3118 June, 2020, 08:39 pm.

Family xp rewarded for foundables:

low threat - 3

medium threat - 5

high threat - 7

severe threat - 10

emergency - 20

fortress - 10 (but it's not guaranteed)

The rewards might vary if a foundable is at maximum count, I'm not sure about that.

I received most of my family xp for the task by placing pictures on the Ministry page. Luckily one is already at gold level.

This discussion has been closed.