Approved Waypoints and edits not Syncing (Again!)

Comments

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 101 ✭✭✭
    #6226 September, 2020, 02:38 pm.

@WinterDrachen @BenTiger Disappearing PoI is not a new issue. I see that happen about once a week. Also sometimes PoI stay, but the streets disappear. In both cases the issue affects only a section of the map, and in both cases restarting the game resolves it.

@HPWUrobert would it make sense to try to address this issue while developers are "hot" on the wayspot code, or is it completely unrelated?

Here are a handful of bug reports for the "disappearing PoI" issue I found -

I found two screenshots illustrating these issues I took back in June; I made a separate post with them. It got pictures, so "Your comment will appear after it is approved." I'll post a link to it here once it's approved.

• WinterDrachenWinterDrachen Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #6326 September, 2020, 02:57 pm.

I've made some photos of the same issue with the missing inns too, in july and in august too.

I really think @HPWUrobert that if that was the first issue, than it wasn't solved yet :)

#6428 September, 2020, 01:25 pm.
  • janhm73janhm73 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #6530 September, 2020, 06:23 pm.

Thanks for the update @HPWUrobert. Might be asking much. But are the any chance we can get you to commit to a weekly update on the teams progress.?

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 719 admin
    #6630 September, 2020, 06:31 pm.

I can provide updates as often as I'm able, @janhm73 . I'm checking in with the dev later this week. 

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    #6730 September, 2020, 07:38 pm.

the disappearing pois that reappear after restart has been an issue since launch, its nothing new. Same can happen w flags/landmarks.

#6803 October, 2020, 07:16 pm.

Hi! I'm checking here again too, it's my favorite thread till now :)

Thanks for every update we can get.

You guys (hpwu Team) are probably having the worst time now with those bugs..

Idk how much devs can afford it, the mood is pretty bad in some local communities I'm in. Every event is causing even more bugs and confusion.

That might help, just stop for a while with that new stuff and make the game enjoyable and bug-free again. Could that be an option?

#6904 October, 2020, 11:56 pm.

The game I don't enjoy

The game I would like to enjoy

I hate it every time a new POI is appearing in pogo but not in hpwu. -.-

#7005 October, 2020, 12:03 am.

Still here waiting for some good news.

• BrowniePlusPlusBrowniePlusPlus Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #7105 October, 2020, 06:44 pm.

Being still in a rural community without our expected waypoints, this weekend event was a nightmare. Spent about 15 tonics and had to drive out twice to finally complete the tasks with less than 10 minutes left. Now left with an empty potion stock and almost no spell energy. @HPWUrobert we need some good news soon here.

#7208 October, 2020, 09:51 am.

There is a new event with a bunch of the new problems. This is going to happen again and again...

But the map is still empty for us :(

Please, are there some news for us @HPWUrobert ?

edited October 9 #7309 October, 2020, 08:15 pm.

I haven't received an update this week and no new information to share

#7410 October, 2020, 04:05 am.

Please push the progress. It’s getting ridiculous now that it has been four months since the issue was first found!! And this is an essential issue for gameplay for rural players. @HPWUrobert

• Sammie444Sammie444 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #7510 October, 2020, 07:06 am.

I’ve created 6 new waypoints nearby that are all in Pogo and not in HPWU. This is getting ridiculous! 4 months since any import was completed is a joke. Also now we have the KB can the algorithm be changed so we get less fortresses? I’ve 2 nearby parks where there are 2 fortresses next to each other which is just a waste of a POI!

#7610 October, 2020, 02:13 pm.

I just don't understand it, why it might be so time consuming to refresh the map. Just to sync once for a while and turn it down again to work forward on other issues, whatever they are.

And won't it be great if the spawn places were better adjusted like it happened in pogo? It would be great to get everything at once :)

I don't enjoy pogo as a game really, but they have done a nice job for rurals in my opinion. Can we expect the same one day, dear @HPWUrobert ?

#7710 October, 2020, 09:31 pm.

HPWUROBERT Moderator › Posts: 695 admin

#5119 September, 2020, 03:42 am.

Hi everyone,

We've started work to resolve this issue. The team will need to rebuild how the data gets synced to Wizards Unite. I'll chat with the team next week to get an update on their progress.

As a general reminder, keep the discussion in this thread on topic.

Dissecting his reply from a while ago:

1. when this reply was given they had not worked at all at fixing sync.

2. they would at that time figure out how much time it'd take them to fix sync.

3. I'm guessing knowing how pois seem to work in Catan (new restrictions to battle pogo manipulation, poi type changing every so often, and slower recharges (1 day instead of 5 mins) and others, that when Catan Beta was released it broke the API with their (niantic's) other non-ingress games. Pogo was uber fast to fix it like a day later, it does make them a few millions each month, WB knows not how to fix it, and since niantic hasnt fixed it for them I'm guessing whatever contract WB team has with niantic team it doesnt 'make' niantic fix it, they (WB) have to. And so here we are almost 6 months in later with no clear end in sight. Depending on how long it takes them to ascertain how long it'll take them to fix it we might be in for the long haul. So, I'd not expect anything until summer.

It doesnt seem to be a priority for WU team anyways. There's some pois in the map, more are not needed (yeah they are) and other things like nerfing TC, creating uber lame BE/WWs and creating more bugs seem to be higher priorities.

And, imho, you'll suffer a lot less in this game if you come to have no expectations at all from it/team. So, no, don't expect them to do anything more for rural players other than the sparse SE on the ground and covid-less ttd brewing time. If it does happen yay, but dont expect it and you wont be dissapointed.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭
    #7811 October, 2020, 07:56 am.

The biggest three issues with HPWU developers is:

• Lack of urgency to fix bugs
    • Lack of testing for bug fixes and new content
    • Lack of communication

I doubt that they will address any of these issues, in the near future.

#7911 October, 2020, 02:14 pm.

We’ve gotten a new poi in the neighborhood in pogo and a month later the desert became a spawn point and I could catch while at home. In WU it’s still a desert, and by that I mean no spell energy, materials, or traces, not sparse, but NONE! The only way i can play the game and do those tasks is to drive out and play in the car in the hot summer days with AC cranked on. It is extremely frustrating, as this guy stated, this game has turned into a chore now.

• celpowercelpower Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #8011 October, 2020, 04:45 pm.

For months now new points of interest created by Ingress and PokemonGo players are not syncing to Harry Potter.

Are we no longer getting new Fortress/Inns/Greenhouses?

Is the game dying to the point that no new point of interests needs to enter the map?

• janhm73janhm73 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #8212 October, 2020, 07:03 am.

@HPWUrobert any news to share.

Im sorry to be negative. but it seems you really have lost touch with the player base, the lack of priority with this issue is a clear indicator. We need this to work, so that ppl in rural areas can play this game.. but the last event, and om sorry I go off topic, clearly puts a nail in the coffin that says, we dont care about the player base.

the game has become a sad reflection of what it could have been.

#8313 October, 2020, 05:24 pm.

Hi everyone, fixing the Wayspot sync is still top of mind for the team, and they are continuing to work on it until it gets resolved. They tried a fix last Friday after my last update, but the bug was still there. The engineer working on this is out sick, but I'll try to catch up with them if they're available this week for an update. 

#8413 October, 2020, 06:15 pm.

Thanks for staying on top of this HPWUROBERT!

edited October 14 #8514 October, 2020, 10:30 am.

That might have been a day we get our new POIs? I would have celebrated it every second of my existance :D

Please go on with pushing/updating and thank you again!

Wishing that poor guy well as well :)

We need it really. I am checking here daily, if there is something new here.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22 #8622 October, 2020, 04:12 am.

@HPWUrobert It's been a week since the last update. Any word on progress? Did the engineer get better? Has any additional help been assigned to the issue? It just seems like this isn't much of a priority, if it is just one singular engineer working to fix the issue and a lack of progress, with no one to pick up the slack, when he gets sick.

Thanks for the updates.

edited October 22 #8722 October, 2020, 12:18 pm.

@HPWUrobert Hi dear Robert,

We are still waiting, is there something new towards the progress with POIs?

I hope your engineer got better too ;)

PS: my parents started to build a new house not far from the town back in july. They are planning to move at Christmas or so.

I could start thinking that its already easier to build a house and to move somewhere, where POI and spawns are, than we become the map here fixed.. Please, don't make us believe that -.-

#8822 October, 2020, 07:17 pm.

The engineer was out most of last week, but they did make a full recovery so thank you @WinterDrachen @BenTiger for asking about them. I checked in with them earlier today. No fix this week, but they're still heads down. I also asked about manual syncing in the interim again. It's on their radar and was attempted, but the Wayspot bug is affecting the sync process whether it's automatic or manual.

#8922 October, 2020, 09:09 pm.

Thanks for the update, @HPWUrobert .

#9022 October, 2020, 09:40 pm.

That is so cool that you are already here to answer, Robert! (I hope he reads it someday also without calling)

I wish you good luck with it now. Hoping for it to happen soon!

And I also wish the whole team not to become ill, as its not something everybody enjoy at this beautiful time of the year.

And let's hope we don't need to get here to call for an update, bc all the POI will take their places ^_^

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #9123 October, 2020, 04:57 pm.

Nice to see that there’s updates about this. Is it possible to share wider though? An app notification to say that you know there are issues and they’re being worked on would be great.