Unable to collect additional Fragments

Cdhansen83Cdhansen83 Posts: 2
in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 01 July, 2020, 05:41 pm.

I am only able to get fragments to the required amount to place the image, but it won’t let me over collect (ie 14/12). Even if I have already placed an image and have a green star next to the required amounts. Makes it very difficult to want to keep playing because I get a lot of repeat foundables every day due to living 45 miles from civilization.

Tagged:
0 votes

Working as intended · Last Updated

Comments

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 473 admin
    #211 June, 2020, 07:25 pm.

Hi @Cdhansen83, you're unable to collect Fragments once you reach the max count. Any Fragments you collect while you're at the max count will be converted into Family XP.

• Cdhansen83Cdhansen83 Posts: 2
    #311 June, 2020, 09:44 pm.

That seems silly because I am trying to save up for the next page after I prestige.

#412 June, 2020, 12:57 am.

The max count is the upper bounds or the maximum number of Fragments you can rollover to the next page (as long as you placed all the images at once). You have the decision to place the image and redeem them for more Family XP so you can collect another set or wait it out until you can prestige. In the meantime, all any fragments you collect while you're at the max count will be converted into Family XP.

• Ellena124Ellena124 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #513 June, 2020, 09:05 am.

@HPWUrobert Why does it then say on the release note 2.13.1 that players will be able to return Foundables and go over max Fragment count without losing extra Fragments?

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 131 ✭✭
    #613 June, 2020, 06:43 pm.

@Ellena124 I think you might have read that wrongly. On the release note a bugfix is mentioned that fixed an issue where players could loose fragments when they had more than maximum count because of rollover fragments from the previous update. Before the fix the count would go to zero or even negative numbers when an additional fragment was brought back.

This announcement never addressed regular gameplay.

#715 June, 2020, 09:27 am.

@HPWUrobert can you explain what was meant with the release note?

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #815 June, 2020, 02:33 pm.

@HPWUrobert , if you’re scrolling down the pages And accidentally hit a sticker that’s been filled for the second time it auto claims it. I’ve done it twice now when I did not intend to. It should have a warning gump that lets me know I’m about to spend those valuable points.

The fix you put in to stop the increase at the max level for that page is also absolutely maddening. Your RNG is horrible and I get tons of things I don’t require and very little of the fragments I need to progress pages. I do not need or want family XP at the lower pages but do appreciate it somewhat at the gold page. I don’t need to progress in any family for levels and scrolls are simply a joke! The reward for continuing to capture after getting gold is the only reason I even appreciate the family Xperia’s. Before you put hat in, I’d simply lrave the Foundables alone if I Had maxed its slot.

this kind of dealing from the developers is what kills games.. you can’t simply throw a box of goodies at us and sweep an issue under the table because you have a code issue. Fix the code and allow the fragment count to go up infinitely!

regards

BocaG

#915 June, 2020, 06:01 pm.

@BocaG we never made changes to how the max fragment count works. Before and after the 2.13.0 release, additional fragments over the max count are converted to Family XP automatically.

I agree that it's easy to accidentally tap an image whose fragments you were holding for the next frame. I've given feedback to the team and they'll discuss how to address that issue.

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited June 15 #1015 June, 2020, 07:02 pm.

@HPWUrobert I don’t think I was clear. Prior to the new system I simply avoided fragments that were fully collected because it was a waste of valuable spell energy and time with no reward save level experience. I was delighted when you added the system into play, it let me collect them again and have more fun doing so, gave me reason to use the spell energy and effort once I turned a page Gold, however on pages that are not gold, stopping the counter at its max the second time is disappointing. I get it’s a random generated system but have found it very repetitive tho maybe you’ve fixed that. Whatever algorithm was in play seemed to be area specific, and with the previous version getting multiples was ok because they would count in the long run. Now with the capping of the Foundables on the page you’re on, I have to revert to my previous and less enjoyable playstyle. I’m not sure I want to go back, but I’m of the mindset of waste not want not.

thank you for looking into the possibility of a warning system, I’ve hit two very hard to come by fragments and basically wasted all the time and energy it took to collect them.

to be clearer, the ability to keep collecting and turning in fragments for family XP on the final page is good

the locking of the fragment counter to the max number of fragments once the sticker has been placed is bad! Especially when it’s an ultra rare fragment that you don’t see very often but is appearing more than usual at a community event. I should be rewarded not penalized for all the collecting! And maxing the counter sure feels like a negative in my view.

Post edited by BocaG on
    #1123 June, 2020, 10:53 pm.

I would change it at least so that it would be possible to go over, but the maximum amount for rolling to prestiged page would be the current maximum. In that way I could later decide, if it seems I'm able to collect enough of it again, to place the image repeatedly.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 93 ✭✭
    #1227 June, 2020, 03:11 pm.

@HPWUrobert

I’m confused. What’s the best way to get a page to prestige?

Hold all foundables and return all at once

or

Return each as they fill up?

plus, I agree with a previous commenter that the extras SHOULD rollover!!

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 131 ✭✭
    #1327 June, 2020, 04:07 pm.

@WitchHiker It doesn't really matter, both ways lead to a prestiged page. As before the update you need to place each image once and if all are placed you can prestige the page.

The advantage of the new system is that now you are able to collect additional fragments once an image is placed and replace it to get more family xp if you like. Otherwise you can decide to keep the additional fragments (up to maximum count) and they will rollover when you prestige the page.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 93 ✭✭
    #1401 July, 2020, 04:25 pm.

Then I must have a bug because they’re not rolling over.

#1501 July, 2020, 05:41 pm.

@WitchHiker the images still need to be placed first, and all the images appear with a green star in order to get the option to Prestige. If you are trying to roll over fragments, you still need to place the images once, then any fragments you collect before Prestiging can roll over once you upgrade the frame. The maximum number of fragments that can roll over is limited to the maximum fragment count.