June Community Day Details

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 921 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 15 June, 2020, 12:58 am.

June Community Day: Play At Home Edition is all day Saturday, June 13 from 12:01 a.m.–11:59 p.m. local time. Explore the fascinating wonders of Dumbledore’s Office including the Pensieve, the Mirror of Erised and even the elusive Philosopher’s Stone. 

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from home. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

This Community Day you can look forward to the following:

• Special Assignments focused on returning Mysterious Artefacts Foundables to Dumbledore’s Office with rewards including Potions, Spell Books, Ingredients and Gold
  • Increased sightings of Foundables from the Dumbledore’s Office Registry page
  • Increased chance to receive Sword of Gryffindor fragments when using Mysterious Artefacts Runestones in Wizarding Challenges 
  • A special 1km Portmanteau that rewards Mysterious Artefacts Family XP and Sword of Gryffindor fragments
  • Tonic for Trace will reveal more Community Day Traces, only takes 1 hour to brew, and its Master Notes will reduce brew time by 50%
Tagged:

Comments

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #208 June, 2020, 07:04 pm.
  • ElisaWilsonElisaWilson Posts: 87 ✭✭✭
    #408 June, 2020, 07:46 pm.

Same here @Dogoutlaw. I have only 3 pensieves, the first one seen at the end of September and I'm 3/3 seen/returned. At the same time I have 6/5 Philosopher's Stones and I (could have) returned at least 2 more in the last month or so. So I'm definitely happy to see the pensieve more often. :) It's the only foundable hindering me from prestiging the page to bronze.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    edited June 8 #508 June, 2020, 07:47 pm.

for me hagrid umbrella is very elusive, still stuck at that to prestige the page. LoL

and for dumbeldore office page, same as @Dogoutlaw pensieve and erised mirror is elusive and easy to flee.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #608 June, 2020, 07:51 pm.

@Dogoutlaw agreed! I have yet to get off the first page simply because I have only ever seen the pensive a few times! And to add insult to injury twice my game has chosen to restart in the middle of my traces on the pensieve causing loss of potions and the foundable! 😭😱.

So my fingers are crossed that I can at least see enough to prestige to bronze, even if I sit on bronze not seeing any for a while more...

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #709 June, 2020, 01:12 am.

Me too! Just waiting on the Pensieve for that page, so that will definitely be what im chasing first on Sat then the others.

I love seeing the pixies use such a prestigious artefact as a paddling pool! 😂

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    #909 June, 2020, 05:22 pm.

CD Portkeyes seem counterintuitive.

June community day configured to ‘play at home’ yet need to walk in order to open Portkey. Hmmm! 🤔

• Milliebob13Milliebob13 Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    #1009 June, 2020, 05:55 pm.

Tbh they are only 1km so I’m looking forward to them.

just need to do a happy dance with my phone in my pocket. 😂

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1109 June, 2020, 06:00 pm.

@Milliebob13 I hope it is a phone and not a factory product! 😂😂😂

• Milliebob13Milliebob13 Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    #1209 June, 2020, 06:03 pm.

Yes my factory product doesn’t count my steps so well 😂

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1309 June, 2020, 06:28 pm.

@WitchHiker 1 km portkeys are great for those with the freedom to walk around. If you can't get out of the house or can't walk for some reason, the same reward will be available in fortress battles when you use a mysterious artifacts rune. There will be an "increased chance" of getting the sword of Gryffindor from challenges on community day.

• FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    #1412 June, 2020, 10:41 am.

I am very excitaded for tomorrow

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1512 June, 2020, 02:59 pm.

@hpwulola is this something that can be asked to the team? Seeing the list of tasks, it’s required to get more pensieves than Philosophers Stones. The wording about elusive PSs... does the team really think the pensieve is more common? Do we all need to show our seen count for those two items to show the pensieve is more rare? Maybe there’s an issue with spawn rate that no one has considered.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 921 admin
    #1612 June, 2020, 04:13 pm.

@Dogoutlaw The Foundables from this page are boosted for the event, so you should see more both in the wild and when using a Tonic.

Let me know if you see this!

#1813 June, 2020, 12:18 am.

Thanks @hpwulola for the clarification!

• Smyrna38Smyrna38 Posts: 21 ✭✭
    #1913 June, 2020, 01:48 am.

What makes someone a Community Day player vs not a Community Day player?

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2013 June, 2020, 01:59 am.

@Smyrna38 the different time zones...

• einderyleinderyl Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2113 June, 2020, 02:39 am.

@hpwulola There seems to be a bug with the reduced brewing time for TTDs? At 3.5h brewing time for normal TTDs this should have finished brewing by now...

• TarcTarc Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #2213 June, 2020, 02:49 am.

I will be taking a midnight walk, it is very quiet in rural areas. :)

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13 #2313 June, 2020, 03:46 am.

@einderyl did you by any chance have that TTD in the potion queue before midnight? I think the reduced TTD time only applies when the TTDs are added to the cauldron once community day starts. If you added it once the community day started, then it seems you may have encountered a bug.

#2413 June, 2020, 04:00 am.

@Imaginatio I did queue it before midnight... but it seems a rather strange bug for the brewing time to be fixed at time of queuing rather than when the potion is actually brewing? To be clear, the potion did NOT start brewing until well after midnight, I had dawdle draughts brewing earlier.

Seems rather counterintuitive that the brewing time depends on time of queue rather than time of brewing... in that case, if we queue up TTDs near the end of the day, would they also only take 1 hour to brew?

#2513 June, 2020, 05:15 am.

I believe that if you started brewing a few minutes before the end of the CD with Master notes it should finish within the 30 minute time frame.

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2613 June, 2020, 05:22 am.

@einderyl I think it seems to be based on the timings you see on the potion list when you select a potion to put into the cauldron queue and once it’s in, that time is set.

Also, with regards to adding potions at the end of the day, I think it works in the same way. I think that was the case previously with extimulos when their time was reduced during a previous event, but I can’t remember for sure, so hopefully someone else might be able to confirm this. If not, we’ll probably find out at the end of the day with the TTDs.

#2713 June, 2020, 06:13 am.

@Imaginatio I see, I vaguely remember the event with reduced exstim times but not the details either. Thanks for clearing this up.

@Bormacska I was just wondering if further TTDs (i.e. ones that are queued before end of CD but start brewing after it ends) would also brew with the reduced CD time.

#2813 June, 2020, 07:42 am.

Anyone reach gold prestige?

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 288 ✭✭✭
    #2913 June, 2020, 08:07 am.

@Kodokmag not yet, but once I get the rest of my swords I will have, if I ever get there😂

#3013 June, 2020, 08:11 am.

@CBG92 swords are the easiest. 😱

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 288 ✭✭✭
    edited June 13 #3113 June, 2020, 08:15 am.

@Kodokmag oh I know, but it's a LOT of portkeys😂 assuming I don't get them through challenges! just very tedious with flee rates causing me to burn through all my potions and especially spell energy