Knight Bus Stories

Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
in The Knight Bus #1 latest comment 27 June, 2021, 10:08 pm.

Share the wonders and the horrors of your Knight Bus battles. We love to celebrate with each other, and sharing the horror stories is cathartic.

Please note: This is not a name and shame thread. It is the Knight Bus equivalent of chatting over a glass of wine and saying, "I once had a boyfriend who..." Anecdotes, yes, experiences and venting, yes, but please don't name and shame individual players.

Comments

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #307 June, 2020, 02:48 pm.

That is a lovely story @ElisaWilson. I also feel like we have seen each other on the bus!

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #423 June, 2020, 03:23 pm.

@Magpie31 the other night i had my 2 discord groups collide. When I was looking for your beacon. This is what i found. Local MN discord were in 3 of the chambers. They had 3 teams of 5 looking at the same time.

They got a good giggle out of my flybys in each room as I tried to find you.

• AquaishesAquaishes Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #507 July, 2020, 04:33 pm.

Hey all! I just wanted to give a shout out to the others the just helped me beat my highest level up in the dark tower!! That was awesome! I wish I could remember names but alas... It was great because it felt like we all really worked together. As chance would have it I was done with my first first, so I spent the remaining time sending as much "magic" to my battling teammates as the game would allow! I'm just kicking myself for not taking a Bur.potion first!!

To everyone who played so awesome

💪💪💪💪💪(cus covid)💐

• SkaanaSkaana Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
    #612 July, 2020, 10:51 pm.

Ill share a friend highlight that happened recently. Another player who is on my friends list happened to show up on the Knight bus room. He goes by Lutheraner, lvl 53 Ravenclaw (Sorry assuming the sex here, could be wrong)

Anyway, I recognized him right away. I let him choose first, we were both battling as Aurors then.

We were battling fine as could be. Then the dreaded Elite formidable Erkling showed up. I dont know about the rest of you, but these bitches are nasty hard to **** and dish out the damage to Aurors lacking protection ( or the willingness to use potions).

Anyway, he fought till he got knocked out. While he was recuperating, I took on the Elite. BUT, I did not finish him.

I let my friend get the credit for the Elite, after he revived. I watched and waited. He watched and waited. After 5 seconds, he went and finished that Erkling.

Im pretty sure the rest of us never do it this way. NAH, we Rush in and get the credit ourselves.

So, LOOK OUT FOR YOUR FRIENDS!

PS..... I immediately sent Lutheraner the Essential rhinestone gift from our Challenge.

I may not know for sure if he appreciates it all. I will believe Lutheraner understood

• SkaanaSkaana Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
    #712 July, 2020, 10:59 pm.

Another tidbit: theres a Magizoologist out there who gave me Power over Elites near the beginning of a Forest III challenge.

I made sure to give him Protection, before anyone, when I got out. I thank you !!

Funny thing was, not a single Auror passed Focus to us.

SO..... I just sat and waited for the Focus to arrive as the Aurors stalked and killed.

Eventually we all got Proficiency charm...

@Owlx , I think I might start flybys. Good idea to see whose around....

• DextraoneDextraone Posts: 47 ✭✭
    #809 August, 2020, 03:12 pm.

With ever mounting frustration over trying to get a balanced team together, I decided to take a break. I chose to solo D1, which I'd done before as a ProfProf. Of course, I knew it would take a few potions. I had a BBE going and opted for Profn'cy Charm and my shield up. Let's just say that the RNG was definitely an Elite Fierce Foe for this wizarding challenge! 🤪 Pulled 1 Ww and 1 Pixie. In the end, I had left the Elite Acro during which the clock ran out half way thru my final cast, the KO blow! Oh, the agony of defeat knowing that I was just one well placed Exstimo Potion away from VICTORY! 😬

#916 August, 2020, 01:06 pm.

I still love reading these - thank you!

• OdetshkiOdetshki Posts: 67 ✭✭
    #1028 August, 2020, 09:47 pm.

Can I name someone who is great? A prof named Tesshome is an absolute delight to play with. They are always smart enough to wait when I share all my 4 focus to them before engageing our first foes so we can go there shields up and she doesn't hog anyones foes and helps carry my **** since I'm only like 31k auror, (playing in tower or forest, don't go to D's yet unless I have to for a task, since I feel I can't pull my weight yet). Lower chambers are a horror show for me when full, I can't seem to get any enemies because of stupid foe already engaged-thing and the time it takes and everyone there probably thinks that I'm the much hated freeloader, when in fact I just can't get any foes😬

• alexainder08alexainder08 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #1131 August, 2020, 04:41 pm.

I am feeling excited and happy that I met all this wonderful wizards, @WillCastProfic, @Gerrybear @KiraRakka . You guys are so good that I stayed to play about 4 rounds.

When I saw @WillCastProfic, I already said to myself, I already like this Prof. I hope I did not dissapoint you guys too as a magi. Looking forward to see u guys in the knight bus again. This is my wizard code 8110 4307 4275. I would love to add you guys.

Look at the time and foes cleared below. Awesome.

• DextraoneDextraone Posts: 47 ✭✭
    #1225 October, 2020, 04:35 pm.

Knight Bus has been oddly empty lately except for people **** thru Ruins and Towers 1-2. So I, a maxed Auror, entered D5 where there was a maxed Prof and a maxed Magizoo. As soon as I entered, the Prof joined. We waited for more teammates. With about 38 seconds remaining and no other players joining, I thought, "Why not give it a try?". I hit the join button. The Magizoo continued to hold out. That's ok, even better if just one or two more enters. I got twitchy at 8 seconds and apparently so did the Prof, we unjoined but stayed. After I blinked, I saw my JOIN button, 1 second on the clock and then suddenly I'm in the chamber....ALONE!....with 14 foes! My options, bail - lose a L4 runestone OR, see how far I can go - losing the runestone rewards, potions and spell energy. Of course, I chose the latter!🤪 I managed to defeat 8 foes. Definitely would have been 9 if only I had swallowed a healing potion before that nasty spider could take the knock out blow on a consecutive shot. Alas, I watched the final 24 seconds count down on the clock as I stared down those three Acros... Am I angry? No, it was fun. If the Magizoo had stayed, we might have won it... qué será será. Still might like to try the team of 3 sometime though.

• XenomerXenomer Posts: 89 ✭✭✭
    #1307 January, 2021, 10:56 pm.

"Share the wonders and the horrors of your Knight Bus battles."

MMAAP (I play M) - Auror standing at 10% stamina for minutes. We do the fight, occasionally checking if he fainted, but still not. A Prof faints, we resurrect him immediately as a demonstration "See? please faint and we resurrect" Nothing. Due to his inactivity, we don't gain enough focus to heal him (gender guessed by the name), catch 22, 4 fighting members failed the challenge by 2 remaining foes.

Solution should have been: in game messaging, or proper tutorial to tell people to faint (even in-battle hint), or option to invite friends (so we could talk strategy before and point out mistakes after)

MMAAP (I play A) - I see the other Auror passing 3 focus to the Prof, so I pass 3 focus to one of the magis. Full battle passes, and neither team charm have been casted. Pro was full of focus, we couldn't give him any more. Magis were healing everyone at their 75% like madmen. I used two potents to speed up the fights. We failed on the last foe.

Solution should have been: in game messaging, in-battle hint ("You have 7 focus, cast the team charm now"), invite friends....

MAAPP (I play P) - I cast the team charm asap. I do the fights, keeping an eye of the distribution of the foes. Unlucky us - more erklings and spiders than one M would deal with. So I keep hexing the erklings (then spiders) while dealing with my types first. The Magi engages pixies only, then stops fighting. He/she is active, because we get healed and resurrected, but even with max stamina, and pumped with focus by the aurors, he/she doesn't engage. We try our best, but fail the chamber.

Soultion should havebeen: in-game messaging, in-battle reminder ("Engage a foe or the team will fail.") or invite friends...

---

The moral of my stories: there is no problem with Aurors/Magis/Profs in general (as I can see in many comments). There is a problem with inexperienced players and with the lack of in-game-communication. Please enable "Invite friends" and the forum would forget complaint posts, and would welcome "Let's be friends and battle together" posts.

#1418 January, 2021, 10:57 am.

I agree that in game messaging would be very helpful (I was getting frustrated the other day at aurors not using or passing focus, and then suddenly confusing all the spiders. You might as well not have bothered!). But I am not sure that such a feature would stop complaining altogether. That is very optimistic.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭
    #1527 June, 2021, 10:08 pm.

After lunch at a restaurant with my niece yesterday, I asked if we could play together in the Knight Bus to see if it is possible to fight together in Ruins Chamber V. We both chose the chamber but neither of us could see the other one. I exited the chamber while she stayed where she was. I re-entered the same chamber a few times trying to get where she was but failed to find where she was. There was no yellow dot even though she is in my friends list. We gave up before the time ran out. Now I know that even though we were sharing the same dining table, close proximity does not guaranty that we would be able to find each other in the Knight Bus.