Note about the Brilliant Event: Brilliant Bogrod the Goblin can be placed by tapping the area under his elbow. The Brilliant Shopping List can be placed by tapping the bottom left corner. Click here for images.
Forum 2.0 ??! — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

Forum 2.0 ??!

AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
in Tips & Tricks #1 latest comment 07 June, 2020, 03:40 am.

For such a long time now I have wanted to come back onto the forum! I would talk about the negatives, yeh- it sucks, and lots of people saying that helps you realise you aren't alone in feeling annoyed & at times incredulous at what has just happened with the game.

Meanwhile however, I'm still playing, I still love the game as much as I did at day 1 for the essence of what it brings me in a day- the fun of finding rare spawns, the motivation to get outside, walk more, do the daily tasks.

Especially now we have the Knight bus (definitely hands down the best feature to celebrate in the game's first year I think)

and with that is coming a growing knowledge of team tactics. I'm learning & expanding my skills- within the amazing realm of the Harry Potter universe. All of that still provides such a welcome break from reality.

So I'd love to be able to just add a voice to some of the complaints- saying 'maaaan!! That took me ages to get & it's disappeared!! Noooooo!!!' But once I've said that, I wouldn't feel the need to keep repeating it.

I'd also love to say- wow! Battling in Dark V with teams you don't know and then teams you do know is just amazing!! Its so much fun- honestly!! Watching how others work, learning where to pass focus, working on how best to use focus on the board- that's gonna keep me occupied for weeks!! Months probably!!

Especially when there's those 'omg did that just actually happen' moments when you lose a teammate from either a bug kicking them out or they leave- who knows- but then the 4 or even 3 left have to decide quick- do we carry on? Or lose what we've put in so far- and I'm always up for a challenge so then it's thinking on your feet! Quick, which potion, how to knock foes down best, hoping the others will get what you are doing with the confusion hex & first strike at your deficiency as an auror, then going to **** some DWs and DEs quickly etc... I actually got a proper sweat on the other day! Not kidding!! My hand tracing the casts like I'm truly trying to zap the foe in front of me irl 😂 (kids glance at me- shake heads, carry on) lol.

So, I have posts for the brag board, (finally Lunas wand!!! It was hiding on purpose I'm certain of it!). I have some beautiful postcards to share. I used to love the conversations about the size of our vaults!! 😂- ahh @Acumen we miss u man!!! So much!! And about what preps we were making for an upcoming event- that all still happens, I'm still playing thinking- this is probably a good idea- but then I'd come on here to check what others were doing & usually realise...erm... yep! Good idea that ...it's exactly what I was gonna do!! Honest!! Yep... I'm sooooo on the ball with this! (Quietly shuffles out of the room to quickly salvage what i can & change tactics in time! 🤦🏼‍♀️😂)

I'd say about all the fab things this game still does for me & how it gets me through tough days, I'd only say those things the once too- no need to repeat, and then just chat, about all sorts, all elements of the game.

So when WU was new to me, i would be able to use the forum for advice, tactics, gameplay, progression through the lessons. Id also use it to report a bug, or see if others were having a same problem or confusion as me (I often have many!) And that's why I needed the savvy & helpful & wonderful people I met on here to enhance my game experience. That's what the forum was all about.

I'd really love it if we could get back to discussing some of the nitty gritty of the game, especially for new players who may join & look for advice or new topics brought about by the changes, and the veteran players can then share tips and styles of play etc. Cos i fear atm they may look & think 'woah!!!...no thanks!' and run as fast as they can!!

All of the above is part of WU game and forum, how it was and brought such joy, banter and also validation to any grievances we felt. We could then chat about how best to work through it.

That spirit of the forum seems to have gotten a little lost!? Could we try and find it again please?? 🙏

AK

Comments

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #406 June, 2020, 02:07 pm.

As usual @AuroraKadavra you are able to say the things I am feeling so articulately. So thank you for that.

I, too, hope for a forum 2.0. So many new players to engage with and get to know.

Has anyone seen any werewolves these past couple of days? I haven’t seen any!!

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #506 June, 2020, 02:17 pm.

@ClairabusGryff I saw two last night, so they are back.

#706 June, 2020, 02:20 pm.

I will go out and look for them again tonight @Magpie31 - thank you for letting me know you have seen them.

And I love that quote @MrSciGuy

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭
    #806 June, 2020, 04:12 pm.

@ClairabusGryff I saw one last night, and maybe a vampire or two. They don't seem to be spawning for me as much still. I guess I'll have to go out and check tonight, if it's not too late!

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #906 June, 2020, 04:56 pm.

@ClairabusGryff - Saw 3 last night but no Vampires for a while

#1006 June, 2020, 06:29 pm.

I saw a horned serpent the other day and almost tripped over my phone!!

• Milliebob13Milliebob13 Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    #1106 June, 2020, 06:39 pm.

It’s all Azkaban escapees today! Just because I need Death Eaters 😂

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1206 June, 2020, 09:07 pm.

Thank you so much @Magpie31 @ClairabusGryff @OriginalCaruso @MrSciGuy for the kind words of support 😊

They really are very much appreciated, cos i was a little worried tbh that maybe people are still just much more concerned with a few of the complaint threads and that talking about anything else isn't welcomed as yet.

And thank goodness @Magpie31 that you have revived some of the older but still very poignant threads about gameplay for those of us who have decided to carry on playing & enjoying the game- so glad my trademark essay of a post (i cut it down loads from 1st draft! 😂) was received well and some great topics are now in recent discussions to get the conversations going! 😊❤

Ps: I've had about 6 werewolves in past couple od days, got them to appear using TTD.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1306 June, 2020, 09:29 pm.

Thrilled to see you make an appearance @AuroraKadavra!! your sunny presence has absolutely been missed around here!

#1406 June, 2020, 11:33 pm.

👏 👏 👏 @AuroraKadavra

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1507 June, 2020, 12:55 am.

@AuroraKadavra Yay! Glad to see you around here again! Sending a bunch of sunshine and positivity your way! 🌞☀️😃😊

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1607 June, 2020, 03:40 am.

@AuroraKadavra Looks like you weren't alone... A few peoole are coming out to play now that there is a little diversity in the discussion.