Level 29 and no sign of mystery items

Comments

• KarmassusKarmassus Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited August 21 #15221 August, 2020, 11:06 pm.

Started playing in May, I thought mystery items were just reeaaaly random. My only playing friend having told me it took her some time but she didn't remember very well, she's so far ahead of me.

Now I see I really am not getting them, I'm level 31, nearly 4000 foundables returned and only one mystery item to show for it (daily prophet). After reading comments here I should have so many more. Good thing there are loads of special events otherwise I'd get very frustrated just grin ding refundable after refundable for no result.

Perhaps they should tweak (or fix?) the spawning rate for us newbies. I was told it was the ideal moment to start playing, what with the lockdown easings in porkeys kms and energy spawns. Was indeed able to progress quickly but now stuck for more than month with london five and so on.

• ErlibobinErlibobin Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #15323 August, 2020, 10:26 pm.

Duplicate to another post I commented about the same issue - Lvl 36, got the first 8 foundables and completed the 3 Inn quest in the first two days. Haven’t seen any more since.

iphoneX v2.14.0.

• FRwitchFRwitch Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #15425 August, 2020, 03:44 pm.

I am experiencing the same problem. If it really is a “showing up randomly” thing, then maybe they should review the probability of showing up. This is way to long to be stuck on the same mission for several weeks/months and not being able to do anything about that !

😡

• Kaydawn113Kaydawn113 Posts: 0 ✭✭
    #15526 August, 2020, 03:40 am.

Neither mystery items are showing up and I have been playing for months! Ready to delete the game!

• ygukyguk Posts: 1
    #15626 August, 2020, 05:24 am.

Me pasa igual! Tanto con esos recuperables como los que da el evento brillante de primer año en Hogwarts (artículos misteriosos)

• Nubbs03Nubbs03 Posts: 1
    #15726 August, 2020, 03:00 pm.

I've been playing for months, I'm almost level 40, I've returned 10,500 confoundables, but my SOS assignments have not progressed at all because of these two mystery items.

• MoostaffaMoostaffa Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited August 26 #15826 August, 2020, 09:02 pm.

@hpwulola I am encountering the same issue on these. Been at this point in SOS for almost a month now and have not gotten either of these to move past part 5. Almost 4k foundables returned and just hit level 30, been on this parts since like level 6 or 7 i think.

• CapeValkyrieCapeValkyrie Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #15928 August, 2020, 07:53 pm.

I got one item at the time the SOS assignment popped up at around level 18nor so. Am now level 30 and have had nothing since the first one.

• OdetshkiOdetshki Posts: 43 ✭✭
    #16028 August, 2020, 09:33 pm.

I'm lvl 34, I'll think I'll be 35 tomorrow if I get out of the restart loop and I have found 1, the daily prophet thing second day of playing and then nothing. It really Bugs me (see what I did there 😂) that I can't make any progress in the story, really takes a lot away from the gameplay and makes it all a grind for books and xp, which we all know ain't always that fun.

• LinaeweneLinaewene Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #16130 August, 2020, 04:33 pm.

Hello, I have the same problem with mystery objects. I started to replay a month ago, I went from level 12 to level 25, I went 3 times in a hostel to validate one of the three objectives and since then, impossible to have the transcript or the report, it's really annoying :(

• MempoMempo Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #16230 August, 2020, 06:31 pm.

I've been stuck on that London five quest for months. I've completed every quest from the recent events and go through a trace pot a day so I'm catching a lot of stuff.

• ScarletB12ScarletB12 Posts: 86 ✭✭
    #16331 August, 2020, 03:53 pm.

I have been playing for 2 months, am almost level 34 and still have not had these drop.

Support has told me several times that it's just random, keep playing - blah, blah, blah.

They told me that the problem was just beta players and that the comments in the forum were from beta players. But obviously they don't see the dozens of comments from the past couple of months.

It is incredibly frustrating to not be able to proceed in this aspect of the game.

It is also frustrating that they don't acknowledge it as a problem.

• RiverWalnut2584RiverWalnut2584 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #16431 August, 2020, 07:10 pm.

@hpwulola , a few weeks ago you said in another thread (link below) that this is being investigated. Any news yet?

#16531 August, 2020, 07:29 pm.

@RiverWalnut2584 , I just reached out to support again asking for any updates- I will post any answers I get.

#16631 August, 2020, 08:09 pm.

Update 8/31.....nothing!!!

Almost as if they really don't care if newer players are having a good gaming experience.

@RiverWalnut2584

@hpwulola

"Hello there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Yes, we are investigating the low drop rate issue with Mystery Objects. Sadly, I do not have any more information to share about this at this moment. Keep an eye on our official channels for the latest updates.

We collect and share the information you provide about your experiences with our team to continue improving Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. Your report is greatly appreciated!

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions."

Maybe if everyone contacts support they will actually do something about it 🤔

• cashdstcashdst Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #16731 August, 2020, 08:14 pm.

I’m having the same issue with the redacted report and the London 5 Transcript. It’s incredibly annoying being stuck on the same SOS task for almost a month, even if I know there are several other players out there in the wizarding world that have waited for this drop much longer. Looking forward to this being fixed!

• SpeedqueenSpeedqueen Posts: 2
    #16801 September, 2020, 11:58 am.

@Lycindelle that link says discussion cannot be found

• HeleniePottahHeleniePottah Posts: 2
    #16901 September, 2020, 05:21 pm.

Nearing level 29, also having issues with recovering London 5 and Redacted Report. Shouldn't be this difficult to get this fixed, folks have been posting about it for months ( some posts date back to a year).

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 418 ✭✭✭
    edited September 1 #17001 September, 2020, 10:39 pm.

@Speedqueen Must have been moved or deleted then. 🤷‍♀️

Edit: Maybe it was merged with this one:

• BlueHestiaBlueHestia Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #17101 September, 2020, 11:57 pm.

I am also having the same issue. I have been stuck on this assignment for almost a month and several levels. Any idea how to solve the problem?

• marchb92marchb92 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #17202 September, 2020, 05:54 am.

Im having the exact same problem im playing everyday for about a month now, level 29 and im trying to get to as many different places as i can in hopes of finding these mystery objects

• RiverWalnut2584RiverWalnut2584 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #17302 September, 2020, 07:37 am.

@ScarletB12 I appreciate your effort to contact support again. I wonder how many reports are needed before we get a meaningful answer to this...

• JodokusVDVJodokusVDV Posts: 0 ✭✭
    #17402 September, 2020, 09:18 am.

I'm already at level 27 and I still have not found these 2 objects. I also just got one mysterie item in general

• SacredHarlequinSacredHarlequin Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #17502 September, 2020, 11:32 am.

It's good to know i'm not the only one HOWEVER It's not a good sign seeing that this problem has been an issue for MONTHS and nothing has been done.

Oh well maybe after the pandemic is over and people stop working from home.

• fourplus4fourplus4 Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
    #17602 September, 2020, 02:20 pm.
    #17702 September, 2020, 06:10 pm.

@fourplus4 .....they have been saying that for 2 months.

Only after dismissively saying that it is only a beta problem- just keep playing.

I am almost 34 now and have been waiting since early July for update or information.

• ElxuElxu Posts: 1
    #17803 September, 2020, 09:47 pm.

Same problem here too. Came back to the game in the beginning of summer ans haven't seen any mystery objects. I thought maybe it was a late game kind of thing until when i started to recsearch it.... LVL 29 now

• AllanqueAllanque Posts: 2
    #17904 September, 2020, 12:53 am.

I have been playing for over a year and have yet to find the London 5 or the Redacted Report. It seems like that SOS assignment will never get closed. I wish they would just drop it and give us something else to do. Its only 5 gold pieces anyway. At this point I will pay 5 Gold to get it finished!

• RachH25RachH25 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #18004 September, 2020, 09:32 am.

This is so frustrating. I commented here a couple weeks ago, very disappointed to see NO progress on this. I am a newer player and this game has helped motivate me to get outside and do some walking during quarantine, which is great. I've enjoyed playing the events over the last few weeks. However, outside of those, the game is becoming increasingly monotonous without being about to advance in the SOS tasks (daily assignments are just repetitive and I've knocked out the earlier/lower level achievements so now getting those is few & far between. Not to mention a lot of the rewards for achievements that take a lot of time to hit are surprisingly inadequate). I can't see playing much longer if the mystery item issue isn't solved. It makes it even worse that they are not giving any real indication that they actually care about fixing this. What a bummer.

I'm on level 27 now and no sign of “redacted report” and “London five transcript” - or any other mystery objects except for a single daily prophet I found quite a while ago.

#18105 September, 2020, 06:17 pm.

@HPWUrobert @hpwulola

I am hoping that you will have some updated information other than 'investigating' the lack of London five and Redacted report.

It has been being investigated for a couple of months. It's frustrating to not be able to play all aspects of the game 😒 There are hundreds of comments, posts about the problem 😑