Level 29 and no sign of mystery items

Comments

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    #3213 June, 2020, 08:24 pm.

I'm still sitting at 45/50 mystery items as well as 13/20 distinct spells. I just assumed there weren't anymore currently but I'm not sure how many I should have at this point?

• BluesAngryBluesAngry Posts: 61 ✭✭
    #3313 June, 2020, 08:48 pm.

@CBG92 Currently there are 13 distinct spells and 45 mystery items, so you have the current max amount at both.

• BubbletoneBubbletone Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #3415 June, 2020, 11:43 am.

@Cuppa7 I think it's fixed now or at least for me! After I also raised the issue in here, I have started to find mystery items one after another! I don't know it is just simply luck or a bug fix but thanks!

#3515 June, 2020, 12:51 pm.

@Bubbletone congratulations! Also did you find the redacted report or London Five transcript? I recently finished dine at 3 inns, so if I they are back I can unlock a new SOS assignment!

#3616 June, 2020, 10:15 am.

@BluesAngry thanks! Yeah, actually I did! But I think they were all connected somehow. Once I found the those two, I made a great progress in SOS assignments as well. You might want to report it, if you couldn't find them for too long maybe?

#3716 June, 2020, 11:56 am.

@Bubbletone Yes, the other tasks are easy because of the Knight Bus. I unfortuantely couldn't find a mystery item.Also did you find other mystery items than those two?

#3816 June, 2020, 02:37 pm.

@BluesAngry Yes. I have realized just now that I completed all of the mystery items.

#3916 June, 2020, 03:20 pm.

@Bubbletone congratulations for compeleting your mystery items! I have question: Which one did you get first? I couldn't find one yet but they could be rare.

@Cuppa7 @PaulaRocha Did you also find any mystery items yet?

• AMslimfordyAMslimfordy Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #4016 June, 2020, 07:21 pm.

I have also been stuck on these two SOS assignments (Redacted Reports & London Five) for several weeks, though I've returned well over a dozen foundables per day.

• CodazzleCodazzle Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #4118 June, 2020, 03:02 am.

I’ve been playing a few weeks and also am having this issue. Never seen one mystery item.😥

• Cuppa7Cuppa7 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #4218 June, 2020, 12:24 pm.

@Bubbletone That is awesome! I'm so happy for you :D Congratulations!

@BluesAngry Hey I think we are still waiting for our share of the mystery items! I will definitely come back here and post the news if I get to find any of them. Keep my fingers crossed!

@AMslimfordy @Codazzle And welcome all to join us waiting for the super mysterious mystery items ;)

• AppealingBananaAppealingBanana Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #4322 June, 2020, 04:58 pm.

Chiming in to say I'm also experiencing this issue. Level 32, with 5k+ returned foundables, and I haven't received a single mystery item. I've been stuck on the SOS task with the London 5 Transcript and Redacted Report for over a month. I get that the mystery item drops are RNG, but with 5k+ returned foundables, I'm hoping that this is a bug.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4422 June, 2020, 05:24 pm.

It has to be a big somewhere @AppealingBanana (I see what you did there 😉). @hpwulola said she would pass the information along. Hopefully they’re working on a fix (and new SOS tasks as well).

#4522 June, 2020, 06:26 pm.

^ bug, not big

#4622 June, 2020, 10:43 pm.

Hi again. I just finished the brilliant event and my Mysteries page is a very lonely place... still. In total I have returned 2,641 Foundables. I have ZERO mysteries.

I want to offer some details of my equipment in case it is helpful to the programmers who will try to squash this bug. Phone is a Motorola Moto Z4, running Android 10, Google Play system 2020-05-01. I have only ever had the current Wizard app. I have twice cleared the cache but never reinstalled. Allowed app permissions are camera, location while in app, physical activity. Denied is storage.

• IIxJENxIIIIxJENxII Posts: 1
    #4725 June, 2020, 07:31 pm.

Just wanted to add to this I’m level 32 and also have had zero mystery items drop. Hoping this gets fixed soon.

#4825 June, 2020, 11:33 pm.

In case anyone is following this thread, hoping for an announced solution...

I reported this as a bug in the bug report area. If you have this problem, go to my post and vote up the issue by clicking the orange tag with the plus symbol.

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/7493/mysteries-objects-not-being-delivered#latest

edited June 27 #4927 June, 2020, 03:23 pm.

Hi guys, so I have contacted the team on the app again and was able to talk to someone about the issue. This was what was said:

----------------

Me: Hi, I've so far returned over 7,000 foundables but have not found any mystery items. I don't know if it's the way intended or if it's a bug, but I've seen many people who are raising the same issue in here:

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/7199/level-29-and-no-sign-of-mystery-items#latest

Are mystery items not available anymore?

Team: Hello there,

Thank you for writing in.

We sure are aware of an issue where some beta players are not able to encounter the Mystery Objects. However, there are no issues to be found with this with the recently created account. I can see that you have created your account some days back and keep progressing more and you might come across the Mystery Objects you are looking for as encountering them is random.

If there is anything wrong with it, we will make sure to look into it. Thank you for sharing your gameplay experience in this regard. This will help us in improving the app.

We are always here if you have any other questions.

Me: Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I would like to point out though that I am not a beta player (assuming this term means a player who joined way back when the game was just released). My account was created just a few months ago and so I have only played for around two months. My account is a recently created account.

Just checked my purchase record etc, my account was created not before April (Also I created my account after moving into my current new house so I am even more sure about the timing). It is a less than two months old account...

Team: Yes, Player! That's what I am referring to. As your account was created recently, you should not have any troubles encountering the Mystery Objects. Keep playing the game and returning more Foundables and you might come across the Mystery Objects you are looking for soon enough.

We will make sure to send this feedback to our team and if there is anything that is not right about this, they will make sure to look into it. If you have any other questions, please write to us.

Me: Thanks again for your quick answer! But I have returned over 7,300 foundables so far. Are you saying it is still not enough to encounter even a single mystery item??

I am a level 34 player.

Team: It can be possible that you have still not encountered the Mystery Objects and come across them in the future while playing. As encountering them is random even we cannot guarantee the appearance of it as a reward.

Just to reiterate, if there is anything wrong with this, our team will make sure to look into it and inform our players through the official pages.

We are always here if you have any other questions.

-------------------

Honestly, this makes me want to quit playing. I'm tired of waiting...

@Codazzle Upvoted!

#5027 June, 2020, 03:58 pm.

Wow @Cuppa7, sounds like whoever was responding to you was using some pretty generic responses without actually thinking about your issue. It’s an extreme anomaly that you haven’t encountered any. Clearly there’s something wrong. I’d be surprised if that person even plays the game.

#5128 June, 2020, 03:51 am.

@Codazzle upvoted!

@Cuppa7 how did you manage to get in touch with them?

#5228 June, 2020, 11:55 am.

Thanks so much for your kind words @MrSciGuy, yes to be frank I was quite disappointed with the answers I received. "There is no problem" "Just keep playing" were certainly not the responses I expected...

I think I'll be much, much less enthusiastic about playing this game because there is no way for me to make progress on mystery items (no I do not believe I will find them by luck if I didn't until 7,300 foundables) and thus the stories. I genuinely hope to see others here get what they hope for though.

@AMslimfordy Go to your suitcase->click on the settings icon on top left->click "Help/Legal" on bottom right->select "Get Support" in the middle->click "Contact Us" on top right, you'll be connected to a bot named Remy. Ask him your question, and if the bot shows you a list of related articles, say you still need help. After several steps, a real person will be there to talk to you.

Be careful not to choose the "Report a bug" option though, you will not receive an answer on that one. I didn't choose that because I wasn't sure if this was a bug or not. Best of luck @AMslimfordy !

• PaulaRochaPaulaRocha Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #5329 June, 2020, 02:19 am.

Hey guys! Just wanted to give a update.

Today, I finally recieved a mystery item. Not only one but THREE! I think something has definitely changed, at least in my game, because it was such an abrupt change, no items for months, and then suddenly three in a day. Hope it works out for the rest of you guys too!

Any luck @Cuppa7?

#5429 June, 2020, 03:40 am.

Glad to hear it. Hopefully they made a change that fixes it for you guys.

#5529 June, 2020, 11:10 am.

@PaulaRocha That's great!! Bubbletone said he/she was able to find all of them one by one once they started to appear, so perhaps that could be the case for you too! :)

As for me, I've decided to take time off for now. Been playing A LOT for the past months anyway. Hopefully I'll be able to find them too when I play again!

#5629 June, 2020, 11:52 am.

@Cuppa7 I contacted them yesterday afternoon and stated that “There is no bug” was not an acceptable response to a bug report. (I also may have said some things about how customer service is supposed to be a service to the customer, as opposed to canned text responses and dismissal of customer feedback, yaknow.) This was their reply to that:

———————————

As you have experienced issues in finding the Mystery Objects, thank you for reporting this to us. We will make sure to share this report with the team and will let our players know through our official channels if there is any issues with it.

Until then, keep progressing and let us know if you come across any Mystery Objects you are looking for.

———————————

I mean, maybe it’s something. At least they said they’d share it with the team?

• AppealingBananaAppealingBanana Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #5729 June, 2020, 06:49 pm.

@Cuppa7 I've gotten that same stock responses when I escalated the issue through the app. I'm now at Level 32 with over 6k returned foundables, and no mystery objects in site. Like you, I don't know how much motivation I have to continue playing if I can't progress the story line.

edited June 30 #5830 June, 2020, 08:27 am.

Hey thanks so much @AMslimfordy! That's what I was supposed to say. I've also seen some other posts here complaining about their generic responses. So I think you spoke for many people, including me and Appealingbanana. Perhaps they could think more about the fact that those who go the extra mile to raise an issue or ask a question are the ones who really care about this game. I think you've contacted them the best way we possibly can. So thanks!

@AppealingBanana Sorry to hear that you are in the same shoes here. I think we've raised the issue many times so far and the team knows that. If it's not a bug like they said, can't they at least make some changes and make it easier for players to locate mystery items? I heard it was much easier to find them when it was out last year...

• RiverWalnut2584RiverWalnut2584 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #5904 July, 2020, 12:35 pm.

Seems like there are a lot of people experiencing this issue, I haven't found any mystery items yet either. I' m stuck on the London Five and Redacted Report assignment too.

Thanks to everyone in this thread trying to generate attention for the issue. Some of you are a lot more proactive and tenacious than me...

• myskattenmyskatten Posts: 1
    #6004 July, 2020, 07:39 pm.

I didn't even notice there was a tab for mystery items in the register until now cause I haven't found any of them so far. Been playing for a month, at level 27 with about 3k returned foundables and nothing. No London five and such for me. :/

• OrwellmiaOrwellmia Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #6105 July, 2020, 07:13 pm.

I have been stuck on 45/50 mystery items for 3 months despite playing often. This can’t be right can it? I’m I doing something wrong. I’m level 29 and really getting annoyed with this. ☹️