Level 29 and no sign of mystery items

Cuppa7Cuppa7 Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited August 21 in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 28 November, 2020, 06:39 pm.

Hi all, I started playing the game about a month ago and reached level 29 this week. I'm very curious as to why I haven't located a single mystery item so far! I've travelled here and there, walked 152 km so far etc but still no sign of them. Is this normal?

Post edited by HPWUblue on
Tagged:
41 votes

Working on a Fix · Last Updated

C14073 - A fix is planned for an upcoming release

Comments

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #206 June, 2020, 08:54 am.

Wow! Congratulations on getting so high so quickly @Cuppa7! And welcome to the forum!

The mystery items are random drops with foundables, as I recall. Have you been to the mystery item page to see if any can be placed that you have missed?

If not, I wonder if this is an accidental consequence of 2.13? Most of us placed mystery items months ago, so wouldn't notice a change.

@hpwulola @HPWUblue? Any ideas?

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭
    #306 June, 2020, 08:58 am.

@Cuppa7 In order to get the Mystery items to start appearing, you need to make progress in your SOS assignments. Some of the SOS Assignments are dependent on the Mystery items, so they linked their appearance with them. Press the Calendar icon, then SOS to check your progress.

#406 June, 2020, 09:02 am.

@BenTiger Thank you for clarifying! It has been so long that I had completely forgotten how we got them!

#606 June, 2020, 10:06 am.

@Cuppa7 They seem to be fairly patient. Harry eaited for about 6 months for me to complete his task! 😂

• Cuppa7Cuppa7 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited June 6 #706 June, 2020, 10:19 am.

@Magpie31 Haha that must've been quite a task really :)

if it's not a bug, I'm starting to think that it might be because I live in the suburbs and close to the mountains with very few inns (thus less activity if you will)...?

#906 June, 2020, 12:07 pm.

I do wonder if this could be an issue similar to what happened with oddities, which is why I asked moderators. I don't remember having to wait very long for anything to appear.

#1006 June, 2020, 01:47 pm.

@BluesAngry Thanks so much for letting us know! So I'm not the only one who's experiencing this issue. I will try contacting the support team and let them know.

#1106 June, 2020, 01:55 pm.

@Magpie31 Oh was there an issue with oddities too? You also mentioned something about 2.13 before... I'm such a newbie and have lots to learn! I haven't come across at least half of the oddities foundables at all but thought that was because they were really rare. Thanks for letting me know all this!

• BluesAngryBluesAngry Posts: 61 ✭✭
    #1206 June, 2020, 01:59 pm.

@Cuppa7 You're welcome. Did you finish "dine at 3 inns"? I didn't finish it so maybe it's realted to that task. However that is unlikely.

@HPWUTeam do you know anything about the disappearance of mystery items? Thank you.

#1306 June, 2020, 02:16 pm.

@Cuppa7 Yes, people noticed that oddities such as vampires and werewolves weren't spawning. It seems that when they adjusted spawn rates recently, it impacted oddity spawns accidentally. So it could be related. But I am not a coder so I wouldn't know.

#1406 June, 2020, 02:37 pm.

@BluesAngry Yes! I finished that task weeks ago on the same day I received the assignment. But... where did you get spell energy so far if you didn't visit the inns? I have to visit them like 30 times a day!

*realises that the HPWU team was right here ON THEIR WEBSITE and quietly stops trying to contact them on the app

#1506 June, 2020, 02:49 pm.

@Cuppa7 To make the game playable from home, now spell energy is available on the map. However if there are few traces in an area, someone needs to go to inns. In my area there are a lot of traces and energy so I don't need to go inns currently.

#1606 June, 2020, 02:53 pm.

@Magpie31 Oh that's what happened! Perhaps they fixed that issue with vampires and werewolves because yesterday I was able to see both of them for the first time. Hopefully the rest of the oddities will appear as well :)

edited June 6 #1706 June, 2020, 03:03 pm.

@BluesAngry I didn't know you could have that many traces and energies available on the map. That's really awesome

#1806 June, 2020, 05:33 pm.

@Cuppa7 Yes! Either Lola or Blue confirmed that the oddities were inadvertently impacted, and that they had fixed the problem. So good to see werewolves again!

• PaulaRochaPaulaRocha Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1907 June, 2020, 02:26 am.

Hey guys! I played the game for a few days when it was out last year and had no trouble finding the mystery items, I have 8 on the registry. However since I came back to the game last month I haven't got a single mystery item, and I've been playing a lot more. Also I'm already on the "Chasing the Wind" phase of the SOS assignment.

Any chance these are items we can't get anymore?

#2007 June, 2020, 03:53 am.

Hi @PaulaRocha. The team don't often post on the forum at weekends, so hopefully there will be an answer for you on Monday.

#2107 June, 2020, 06:12 am.

@PaulaRocha Looks like you are having a similar issue here! BluesAngry is asking the support team about it and Magpie31 has been immensely helpful as well, it's just such a relief to know that I'm not the only one who's trying to figure out what's happening with the mystery items. I'm a newbie but welcome back to the game and let's wait for their feedback!

#2209 June, 2020, 01:06 pm.

@HPWUTeam Hello,

There seems to be a mystery item issue which makes them not appearing after returning traces. Is this intended because enrgy is on the map, or a bug? Also if this is a bug can you relocate it to "Report a bug" section?

@Cuppa7 , @PaulaRocha , me and probably other people who didn't finished their mysteries can't get any mystery item. Maybe it is something like to oddities and vampire disappearence like @Magpie31 said?

Thank you.

@PaulaRocha Same, stopped playing, started playing again this month and stuck at the SOS Assignments.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2309 June, 2020, 02:08 pm.

@BluesAngry which item are you looking for? Are you on a specific SOS task?

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2509 June, 2020, 02:19 pm.

Sorry, it’s been so long since I’ve gotten those, I don’t remember how it happened. But I think they just randomly show up with foundable captures.

@HPWUblue or @hpwulola can you offer any insight to this issue?

edited June 9 #2609 June, 2020, 02:48 pm.

@MrSciGuy Yes, it must be from returning foundables. I received 10 mystery items in August-September by returning foundables. I never received another mystery item in this month.

#2809 June, 2020, 06:10 pm.

@hpwulola Thank you for your answer. I return at least 10-20 foundables everyday for a month so it's probably an issue.

#2911 June, 2020, 09:30 am.

@hpwulola Thank you Lola! I also reported this issue on the app two days ago along with an another issue-- more than half of the oddities foundables have never popped up for me (I am a month-old player). And today, I was so happy to see the Chinese fireball for the first time! Perhaps the mystery items issue will soon be resolved as well :)

• BubbletoneBubbletone Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #3011 June, 2020, 09:43 am.

@Cuppa7 I have the very same issue and my level is 44! I couldn't find Redacted report and the London five transcript so no mystery items at all in that page. I thought that I was really unlucky until I saw this.

Looking forward to hearing updates @hpwulola and thanks in advance!

#3113 June, 2020, 03:28 pm.

@Bubbletone Wow level 44... you've been searching for those mystery items longer than me then! I also thought they were just really rare, especially for someone like me who lives in a rather isolated place. However with a number of players reporting the same issue, that might not be the case... Hope it will be fixed soon and we'll be able to fill those blank pages as well!