Update on Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Fan Festival 2020

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 801 admin
edited June 5 in Announcements #1 latest comment 15 June, 2020, 05:34 pm.

Hi everyone,

Due to current circumstances, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Fan Festival will no longer be taking place this year. The well-being of our players is always a top priority and we made this decision after careful consideration for the safety of our community, our partners and our team. 

Rest assured, there is still plenty of exciting content coming to Harry Potter: Wizards Unite in the coming months. We’re hard at work and focusing our attention on some new features and fun in-game events that  players around the world can enjoy -- wherever they may be! 

Stay tuned this summer for more updates to come! 

- The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite team

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• rocketjrocketj Posts: 38 ✭✭✭
    #205 June, 2020, 06:42 pm.

That’s disappointing. Did y’all consider a virtual fan fest? @hpwulola

• BliznikBliznik Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #305 June, 2020, 06:46 pm.

@rocketj Agreed. I'd participate in a virtual fanfest.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #405 June, 2020, 06:47 pm.

I think that even if they are considering a virtual fan fest, now would not be the prudent time to announce it @rocketj.

• GalvidrasGalvidras Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #505 June, 2020, 07:46 pm.

That's sad. I was looking forward to going this year, but, I understand the risk it would be to have so many people there.

Hopefully they can do a virtual one in the fall, or some other large virtual event to fill in for it.

• MauroCcsMauroCcs Posts: 2
    #605 June, 2020, 08:21 pm.

Hi I was really waiting for a virtual fan fest, could you considered please? Also is a great wait to improve the earnings if you want, you maybe can do a pay per play fan fest I do not know please think about it. Thanks a lot.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 193 ✭✭✭✭
    #705 June, 2020, 09:51 pm.

I am willing to bet that the crew for the Fan Fest are fearful that protests and riots would occur at Fan Fest, due to the horrible treatment from Niantic/WB, in regards to the May 7th and 27th fixes. Even if the Fan fest is delayed, until after a vaccine is found for COVID-19, I doubt that the rage that many feel towards the company will die down by then.

NOTE: I would not attend Fan Fest for that reason, as I wouldn't want to waste my money on it; but I am certain that others would have no issues spending the money to vent their frustrations to Niantic/WB personally.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #806 June, 2020, 12:38 am.

the term “current circumstances” is so vague and non-descriptive ... it could be used to hide all sorts of troubles or sins, couldn’t it?

edited June 6 #1206 June, 2020, 06:10 am.

@Magpie31 How I am treating others? I have not attacked anyone directly. Whereas, @Owlx and your little clique have made direct attacks at people and made bold statements that imply that our hard work and effort means little and should just be forgotten. You sir, are the proverbial pot calling the kettle black (sure, take that as an attack, if you want, even though it is not intended as one).

PS. You don't put out a fire by fanning it. Every time one of you say that those mad at Niantic/WBs response or lack there of just needs to move on, that further encourages more posts. I for one will continue to post, until an actual response with answers to questions if provided by a member of hpwu's official team. Maybe you guys need to move on from trying to get others to accept their losses with next to no reparations. I have tried to submit in game tickets and the response is always, refer to the forums; so there is no other outlet to express frustrations over their lack of reparations.

Post edited by BenTiger on
    edited June 6 #1406 June, 2020, 06:59 am.

@Magpie31 I called @rocketj an idiot once, on Discord, not here. That was due to him obviously egging people on. I have also said that he is acting like a troll. That statement is 100% accurate. He has been trying to upset people even more, intentionally. Read through his posts and you will see that he has caused and spread far more resentment, than I have. The term idiot implies one that lacks intelligence. I guess that was not the best phrase for him. I should have instead just said that he was acting like a troll at that time, as well. I was just very upset at that time and seeing his posts filled with ill intent and malice towards those that have already lost so much, to cause others to become even angrier got the best of me and I chose the easiest word to come up with that would show discontent towards his actions, while not being vulgar.

Apparently use of one word, one time by me has caused you to look on all my posts with discontent. Maybe that explanation with show at least some justification for it's usage.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1506 June, 2020, 07:08 am.

@BenTiger See, I don't argue "acting like a troll". I don't like it, but it is addressing the behaviour, not the individual. Where I grew up, idiot was seen as a personal insult, not a comment on intelligence, and that is the same for most people I know. It is rarely used kindly or neutrally.

And , yes, that may have impacted how I have interpreted the tone of your other posts. It certainly seems to me like this is an ongoing tone towards others, but you may be right that my reading has been clouded by those incidents.

I don't want to fight anybody. But, just like you, I will stand up for what I believe is right. I would rather we had that conversation in a civil manner (like we are doing now), though.

edited June 6 #1606 June, 2020, 11:18 am.

@BenTiger - fyi, magpie is a she, not a he. so definitely not a sir, though i don’t think she would want to be thought of as a madam, either.

edited June 6 #1706 June, 2020, 11:56 am.

the view from inside is often quite different than the virw from outside. no wonder there is so much partisanship in the world out there ... and maybe the microcosm in here too.

addressing the behavior and not the individual, there in fact has been quite a bit of dogpiling (a pack activity, btw) going on here at this forum ... most often and not coincidentally by the same group of individuals, who themselves do not seem to appreciate being called out for their own behavior any more than their targets. there really isn’t anyone else here dogpiling, unless you count the great number of players who have been unsuccessfully trying to urge HPWU to do the right thing.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1806 June, 2020, 12:17 pm.

Opinions are funny. Everyone has one, and generally people are very invested in their particular opinion despite any contrary evidence that may come their way.

• FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 68 ✭✭
    #1912 June, 2020, 11:18 am.

Good decision. Safe in first place.

• UnluckyHydraUnluckyHydra Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #2015 June, 2020, 05:34 pm.

I'm hoping they might still consider a virtual fan fest since Pokemon Go has announced they are going to move forward with one.