Registry bug related to foundable count and placed icon

C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 44 ✭✭
in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 07 June, 2020, 09:32 am.

I have many "glowing" foundables in my registry which have the green placed indicate but the count is stuck at the max. I know I have returned more than the max and if I click on the foundable it just gives XP and resets count to 0.

The problem is two fold:

1. Everytime I catch a new item which is placed (green icon) , I have to go to place image page - this happens a lot and slows process
  2. If I click the foundable to "re-place" the already placed foundable, I lose the excess total (which I cannot see) and just gain XP?

I don't believe this is correct behaviour?

Tagged:
0 votes

Working as intended · Last Updated

Comments

• fourplus4fourplus4 Posts: 37 ✭✭
    #203 June, 2020, 04:28 pm.

I believe this is correct behaviour since the recent changes; i understand the idea is that you can place the common ones over and over while you hunt down the rare traces.

The excess total that you talk about is now shown in the registry if you have any excess (this was broken for a while), eg i have sorting hats at 33/10 in the image below. I could place this again now for additional family xp but I'm holding on to them so they carry forward when i level up the frame

• DorisMcDowellDorisMcDowell Posts: 2
    #303 June, 2020, 09:46 pm.

Mine won’t add any more fragments beyond the max. You’re showing a sorting hat with 33/10, but my registry won’t go beyond 10. Even if I encounter it and return the foundable again.

• C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 44 ✭✭
    #404 June, 2020, 12:55 pm.

It's the place foundable issue - I have already placed. No I am in excess I don't expect to have to go to the place screen everytime I catch the same foundable. It is also easy to forgot for one second or even by mistake losing the 23 excess sorting hats you have been saving. To me that is a bug.

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 464 admin
    #505 June, 2020, 01:12 am.

These are the intended behavior for both, and so this isn't a bug report, but sounds more like a feature request.

1. Everytime I catch a new item which is placed (green icon) , I have to go to place image page - this happens a lot and slows process
      1. the condition the game looks at is if you have enough fragments to place the image, since you do, then you will see [place image]
    2. If I click the foundable to "re-place" the already placed foundable, I lose the excess total (which I cannot see) and just gain XP?
      1. Avoid placing the image again if you want to carry the fragments over to the next page. When you place the Image you're redeeming those fragments for Family XP
  • OGMagusOGMagus Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #605 June, 2020, 07:04 am.

OP is pointing out a feature that is poorly thought out - so poorly aligned with the UI elswehere in the game - that he/she thinks it's a bug. That's a strong "feature request" as any! Active players, wanting to preserve as much fragments as possible, will see and HAVING TO PRESS the "place" button ALLthe time.

I understand 2.13 had a lot of unplanned effects, huge time sinks, but soon there shoould be time to improve on the "planned" effects as well.

• Ellena124Ellena124 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #707 June, 2020, 09:32 am.

I was told just two days ago hear that if I had 7/6 fragments and would place the image, the count would be 1/7.

I agree with the place image. I was used to able to press my phone's back button which would take me back to map, but now it takes me to the registry anyways.