Kicked out of battle with engaged foe in challenge

EltaninaEltanina Posts: 1
in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 25 June, 2020, 07:51 am.

When I engage a foe in a chamber in the challenges, I keep getting kicked out of the battle after only one attack (foe and I still have enough health). I'm not kicked out of the room altogether, but I need to re-engage the foe time and time and again. This really doesn't work, especially not in the higher chambers where time is of essence. Not cool when you're trying to get 7000 exp from wizarding challenges... Not to mention I need to wait for over a full minute before I can join a chamber anyway! Please fix this...

2 votes

Investigating · Last Updated

Comments

• VanFanel842VanFanel842 Posts: 31 ✭✭
    #205 June, 2020, 02:46 pm.

Do you get the "it's been too long since you engaged the foe" error? I have seen that sometimes too even though I just was attacking it.

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 464 admin
    #305 June, 2020, 07:10 pm.

@Eltanina thanks for flagging this issue. Can you tell me if you're experiencing this with AR or non-AR?

• ShiversmcgeeShiversmcgee Posts: 2
    #416 June, 2020, 08:01 pm.

I am having the same issue since yesterday. I am not in AR mode. I hit a foe, then I am suddenly kicked back to the lobby but it still shows me in the foe. After multiple attempts, I can finally go back in, only to have it happen again around every other hit. Not only that, but my last hit is often "missing" so I have to **** same foe repeatedly and lose spell energy. I have lost several battles/runestones due to this. At this point, I cannot play higher levels due to this error. I have updated app, deleted it and redownloaded, and made sure I have downloaded all assets. I am supposed to group dark v tonight, but with this glitch I won't be able to. Please help

• PoohntigPoohntig Posts: 2
    #525 June, 2020, 01:43 am.

I’ve been having the same issue for weeks now.

Today- I wanted to throw my phone across the room. An ongoing issue for me is to be in the midst of battle and have the game kick me out. This would only be slightly annoying if it did not also negate my hits. For example, I will be up against a spider, get a critical hit, then get kicked out of the battle only to look back and the foe hasn’t been touched. This wastes my spell energy, my time in fortress battles and my frustration tolerance with the game. This is not the first time I have reported this. In addition, there are times in which I will completely defeat a foe only to have him resurrect- sometimes needing the last hit played again. I’ve attached a pic of one of the times it resurrected my defeated foe. The game usually just takes a moment to register the defeat- wasting time but not spell energy. Today I went through multiple foes while in a Dark level in which I would hit once or twice and it would kick me out. If I try to go back to the same foe, it normally kicks me out again only this time it won’t register that I’m not engaged. In other words I’m looking at my icon engaged in battle while seeing the entire battlefield.

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 464 admin
    #625 June, 2020, 05:54 am.

@Poohntig please troubleshoot your wifi and mobile data and ensure that your internet connection is stable. The wifi bars display the signal strength of your device to your router, but it doesn't give any information about the quality of your internet connection.

Unstable connection errors can kick you out of the encounter or force you to restart. This is because the instability makes the game get out of sync with the server.

• PoohntigPoohntig Posts: 2
    #725 June, 2020, 07:51 am.

While this mostly happens to me while I am on my home WiFi, it has occurred while playing next to a Sponsored fortress- always either an AT&T or Cricket store. In addition, it never happens to my husband who is always playing beside me. I’ve wondered if it might be a connection error- but it never happens to him.