Update on 2.13.0 Fragment Issue

Comments

• GryffinRedditGryffinReddit Posts: 18 ✭✭✭
    #21204 June, 2020, 09:49 pm.

@OriginalCaruso said:

There is no transaction history only snapshot / point in time backup so recovery options are very limited. Which is interesting in its own right as no tracking data is persisted

Let's not even get started on the security/botting implications.

• Kler44Kler44 Posts: 1
    edited June 2020 #21304 June, 2020, 09:50 pm.

Is it not possible to just create a schedule to fix everyone's items? While it would take a considerable amount of time,is that not a good and actual fix? I am fortunate however to know exactly which items I need to be placed that have lost its green placed star.

• HabskillaHabskilla Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #21404 June, 2020, 10:05 pm.

@hpwulola I need to know if these special events are going to open to everyone or just the affected players. We know you can limit events to specific people, for example, last year’s fan fest was only open to people who bought tickets.

I need to know ASAP because if it is open to affected players, I might stick around. If you open up to everyone, I’m out of here.

• BrokeMyWandBrokeMyWand Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #21504 June, 2020, 10:22 pm.

@hpwulola A few of us have asked for the process details for in app purchase refunds given the goods we paid for have been taken away and that is not arguable. Is this something you can answer directly or post a link to the right section?

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020 #21604 June, 2020, 10:25 pm.

@BrokeMyWand I doubt that her superiors would let her answer that question. It is easier to perform a google search for your answer. Make sure to include your phone platform in the search (Android or IOS).

• SaylerASaylerA Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #21804 June, 2020, 10:45 pm.

Seriously, anyone that has ever administered a database could fix this. Just query the backup data and compare it to the current data. If an earned green star is missing, add it to the running database.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #21904 June, 2020, 10:48 pm.

@SaylerA I would recommend you read @OriginalCaruso’s comment just above yours. And all others regarding backups. Not that simple.

• MissyWuwuMissyWuwu Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #22004 June, 2020, 11:05 pm.

@MrSciGuy You do not need every transaction for fixing the green star issue. A recent backup is sufficient as @SaylerA pointed out. Simple enough.

• rocketjrocketj Posts: 64 ✭✭✭
    #22404 June, 2020, 11:30 pm.

How do others getting it affect you @BrokeMyWand ?

• MrMasterMiltankMrMasterMiltank Posts: 36 ✭✭✭
    #22604 June, 2020, 11:57 pm.

To add, if you can create a save point @hpwulola , and actually allow informed testing on certain accounts (force downtime on the account after obtaining consent to use their account for such a purpose), I'd bet you'd have quite a few people actually willing to take that option.

• orangefaerieorangefaerie Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #22704 June, 2020, 11:59 pm.

@hpwulola I want to thank you for your commitment to communicating about this. I am glad the team is choosing to not risk further losses. I hope this allows the team to move on and work on other bugs and better ideas for the future.

• rocketjrocketj Posts: 64 ✭✭✭
    #22805 June, 2020, 12:03 am.

Thanks for the gift @hpwulola . Can we hear about that new content so that we can all move on?

#22905 June, 2020, 12:07 am.

@rocketj , its because some people were able to max out their professions because the random fix worked for them. Im stuck at M13, because nothing happened on either fix for me. Rewarding everyone equally right now doesn't level the playing field for those who still have lost their fragments because of Niantic's incompetence.

#23105 June, 2020, 12:16 am.

There is a field to level when you lost rare foundables, star fragments, challenge xp, etc. Some people actually did care about losing out on time, energy, effort, money... @rocketj

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    edited June 2020 #23905 June, 2020, 12:57 am.

This is now class action worthy.

we begged, pleaded, and warned you.

caveat emptor

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #24005 June, 2020, 12:59 am.

Do any of you know that 100% of the players got all of their fragments adjusted properly (that everyone is saying shouldn’t get a make good package)? I have heard of people getting part of their registries “fixed” but I haven’t read where anyone’s accounts worked out like they were supposed to. But perhaps I missed it. I lost a lot of fragments and completed pages and then got challenge fragments that I know I didn’t have but They don’t balance out.

So I am very curious to hear from people who everything worked out perfectly for in both of the fragment fiasco’s.

This discussion has been closed.