Update on 2.13.0 Fragment Issue

Comments

• FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    #18304 June, 2020, 11:54 am.

Nothing we say here will fix our lost fragments and green stars. Niantic dont care.

Answer PLEASE

@hpwulola @HPWUTeam

WHY you will not be doing a fix or anything that impacts players' individual registries?

#18604 June, 2020, 12:26 pm.

I realized that the niantic team is answering questions in other topics right now, but they don’t answer anything in this one, which is the most important. then I ask again:

Answer PLEASE

@hpwulola @HPWUTeam

WHY you will not be doing a fix or anything that impacts players' individual registries?

• MrMasterMiltankMrMasterMiltank Posts: 36 ✭✭✭
    #18704 June, 2020, 12:44 pm.

Seeing as my original post won't get accepted 🙄...

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #18804 June, 2020, 12:56 pm.

@Volderrmorte I can see that you're upset, as I am and many others are lately. But asking the same question over and over again isn't any more likely to get a response.

#18904 June, 2020, 01:01 pm.

@MtPollux OK Thank you.

#19104 June, 2020, 01:26 pm.

@Volderrmorte they can, but probably don't have the manpower to handle it.

• BrokeMyWandBrokeMyWand Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #19304 June, 2020, 01:59 pm.

@MrMasterMiltank but since this only affects a “handful” of players it doesn’t seem the messages match. At this point it seems offering refunds to anyone who lost green stars for all in app purchases seems like the fairest compromise. we should be easy to identify since we would be the ones who didn’t cash in on a hundred plus red books

#19504 June, 2020, 02:22 pm.

@BrokeMyWand , I haven't spent any money in-game, except for Indy wizard fest. I have, on the other hand, spent plenty of time, so I'd still get nothing for their mistake.

• Blinker73Blinker73 Posts: 46 ✭✭
    #19704 June, 2020, 02:58 pm.

@HPWUTeam Throwing the towel is unacceptable. Take responsibility for your mistakes.

If it was up to me I would

1) restore the backup of May 6th for everyone. this way everybody can agree that they have lost only one month of gameplay and not a year for some and 3 months for others.

2) Once everybody is where they were before your F** **** -up, issue a make good compensation to everyone for the lost month.

3) people who lost money in the last month could get a refund if you dont’t Wait 30 days to go forward with this plan.

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #19904 June, 2020, 03:18 pm.

@sakiyuishiro Yes! I remember! It took me a little while to work it out - Thailand has the elephant as its national animal, so we have them everywhere! It made me laugh to see all the different elephants.

And I feel the same. I am very grateful for any gifts and am also finding it hard to get out, but I am trying to collect where I can. You have always been so kind with gifts!

Nice to see you again on here!

• GryffinRedditGryffinReddit Posts: 18 ✭✭✭
    #20304 June, 2020, 06:29 pm.

if you lose a Single runestone due to a technical issue, you get it back but if there is a major loss of fragment the developers are responsible for, fragments you battled hundreds of times for, and u can even prove it, they say: move on.

This is awkward to bring up, but your observation is a long-running one (source: https://quoteinvestigator.com/2010/05/21/death-statistic/) . I'm right here in the boat with you, commiserating.

edited June 4 #20604 June, 2020, 07:34 pm.

This will be my last post too.

Fix my green stars and i back to the game. No green stars, BYE BYE and take my money. You need it for pay your incompetent employers. I dont care anymore. And for who stay... GOOD LUCK

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭
    #20904 June, 2020, 08:22 pm.

@HPWUTeam @hpwulola @HPWUrobert @HPWUblue

In the time it took me to write my last post, you lost two more players, due to the lack of communication! Give us an update and let us know when we will get this "make-good" solution, before you drive off even more dedicated players! If you notice, a majority of the players effected by these issues are over level 50! These are some of your core players, who play with many others. You lose a couple players, those players take their friends with them, those friends take their friends... then you have an exponential loss of players. We NEED some form of customer service and respose!

• pedapedapedapeda Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #21004 June, 2020, 08:39 pm.

If we are not going to get our lost fragments/stars back, but you at least have the ability to identify affected accounts, one thing that may partly offset this fiasco is to give the affected accounts something that other accounts can never have. Ideas for that:

• any gift opened would magically contain extravagant content
    • extra lessons/buffs in professions (a lesson in anger management increases your ...)
    • ability to brew Felix Felicis coupled with some nifty ability, perhaps a few of these
    • ability to find severe/emergency traces at double/triple distance

Whatever, you probably have a very long list of ideas somewhere, so pick a few. Point being that it should be something of Liquid Luck magnitude and that other players would wish they had the capacity, but had no way what-so-ever of ever getting it. Then we, the affected players, could at least have that even if we would have preferred to just have a fixed registry.

Because this hurts, and you need to make an effort to win us back.

And I stress it again, only if you can identify affected accounts! None of us (I think) wants an insult like half a week worth of brewing and a few spells/coins whatever it was that everyone got last time.

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #21104 June, 2020, 08:54 pm.

@DuarthVader - Probably don’t have a DBA. Modern Cloud Based database Snowflake doesn’t have DBA function, Oracle have been moving away from DBA function for years, we are an expensive (but formerly essential) luxury

There is no transaction history only snapshot / point in time backup so recovery options are very limited. Which is interesting in its own right as no tracking data is persisted

This discussion has been closed.