Update on 2.13.0 Fragment Issue

Comments

• DaddarDaddar Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #33205 June, 2020, 11:11 pm.

This would be a good compensation scheme if they added 5 red books and then multiplied it by player level. This compensates me for about 1-2% of my losses.

• MeriTheCatMeriTheCat Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #33706 June, 2020, 03:07 am.

the devs aren’t the ones to blame here, management is because they didn’t schedule enough time for proper testing or create sufficient backups. Let’s blame the right people. There are always bugs and if management didn’t plan for that, they’re dingbats.

I’m wicked pissed, but I also used to be a coder.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 855 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #34006 June, 2020, 06:06 am.

@JWin504 welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. Bug reports made in thread will probably be missed among the large number of posts.

The forum has a section designed for reporting issues such as yours. Try posting about your issue here:

https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/categories/report-a-bug

• SaylerASaylerA Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #34506 June, 2020, 12:05 pm.

@originalcaruso Let me guess, you maintain data for a bank I never heard of? Either that, or you are just a proxy account, run by customer service. If you actually worked for a real bank, you'd know that disappearing money is theft. What happened here is theft that won't get the federal investigation it deserves. I know enough to see that we have been mugged.

• BrokeMyWandBrokeMyWand Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited June 2020 #35006 June, 2020, 04:21 pm.

@WSDC13888 I read through the link on how that other game handled it and was really impressed but forgive my Game ignorance.. what is KOL? Those guys seem like passionate and dedicated developers and would love to check it out

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #35306 June, 2020, 05:24 pm.

@Daddar The game itself is not a dumpster fire. It is the management/support/development team, and their customer service or lack there of, that is at fault for the current situation.

None of the resentment should be directed at the game itself of the customer relations team, as the game is still a good game and the customer relations staff is limited on what they can say, lately. Even though I am frustrated by their lack of response and empathy, I realize that it is due to those above them placing restrictions on their communication.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #35406 June, 2020, 05:36 pm.

@BenTiger - it might be more than just orders from the bosses ... employment contracts probably restrict or prevent customer relations staff — both current members and (ahem) members who have recently departed — from publicly disparaging the practices and personnel responsible for these ongoing fiascos.

testimony under subpoena would be an exception to those contractual limitations

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #35506 June, 2020, 05:44 pm.

@carbonyl Look up a few posts, to my very long post. I am still frustrated with the current situation and I will be posting more long posts, suggesting reparations for our losses, until something is done.

• Dior703PoYDior703PoY Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #35606 June, 2020, 07:28 pm.

@BenTiger The only thing in that list i feel we have a legit chance of getting is the 100 dark detectors. It still allows us to fend for ourselves and pay them at the same time.

It encourages us to spend money on the other things accompanied with that grind (energy, extra cauldron and bundle packages w/potions, item space) and saves them the hassle of doing any groundwork.

But even that may be asking too much.

• BarnebyPonderBarnebyPonder Posts: 77 ✭✭✭
    #35706 June, 2020, 07:38 pm.

Right now you can make a brand new alt which will still get the previous gift, thus starting off with a bunch of free coins, potions, green books, and red books. I suspect they're afraid too many free gifts will inspire people to make alts, and use the DDs for their mains, and who knows what other unforeseen behavior.

On the plus side, if you have friends who you believe would enjoy the game, it's a fantastic time for them to start an account.

• Milliebob13Milliebob13 Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    #35806 June, 2020, 09:17 pm.

very ineffectively as well it seems.

• MrMasterMiltankMrMasterMiltank Posts: 36 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020 #36006 June, 2020, 09:39 pm.

@BenTiger , They could reload an image of any person from May 7th with a your name followed by an underscore. Let the players decide for their own account which option they want. If they revert, they get rewarded with the package you describe. Since brilliant events are easy to discern, those could be moved over easily without harm to the account. If they choose to play on from where they are, all is well, no additional gifts/rewards....

This discussion has been closed.