The Patronus Thread

Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
in Community Stories #1 latest comment 03 July, 2020, 05:03 am.

As we all know, to cast a patronus, we need to focus on a happy memory.

So I want to know your happiest or funniest memory of playing this game. It could be a community story, meeting up with friends, fanfest, or a perfectly placed foundable!

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times - if only one remembers to turn on the light!

---

So I think my happiest experience is finding my group on Discord. The first battle I did with them, which was my first group battle, and we chatted on voice and it was amazing. Getting to chat and connect with these wonderful human beings halfway around the world was magical.

And chatting to them lights up my day, every day.

It lights up my cat's day too. Professor McGonagall absolutely adores chatting to the group and trying to help me with pixies! One day, I am submitting her story to the community spotlight!

Tagged:

Comments

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #528 May, 2020, 04:18 pm.

Thanks for sharing these stories - they are lovely! I hope people have more to add! In the words of Shonette Bason-Wood, "No lemon suckers here!"

edited May 29 #729 May, 2020, 01:28 pm.

@ClairabusGryff That's lovely! I am sure loads of people have happy memories of this game, and it is really nice to have that little ray of sunshine round here.

I bet there are more people with really lovely memories of the game.

@TwinGypsy @LeFayeofAlbion @Owlx @Bormacska @AuroraKadavra @hpwulola and a few others!

#931 May, 2020, 08:49 am.

@Stina1A Glad it helped. And it isn't about being part of a gang, just helping each other smile and get through. I love the squealing in delight!

#1131 May, 2020, 11:09 am.

@Dewin99 Bet your wife was ecstatic that you were more interested in the niffler! Haha! I love it when you have such a strong memory of a certain spawn or event.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31 #1231 May, 2020, 02:07 pm.

@Magpie31 this is a great thread and much needed right now - thank you!

As many of you have already said, getting to talk and play with you all and learn more about each other has been awesome! It definitely brings a sense of community to the game.

Aside from that, I would have to say my favorite memory would have to be opening and entering a portkey for the very first time. Seeing that “manky old boot” in my living room and then stepping into the world of Hogwarts was so cool! I love exploring these in detail, as the team puts so much work into each of them. Favorite portkey location so far? Tough one, but probably Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes.

(Also, getting to play the game in Universal Orlando at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter was pretty cool too. Using the AR feature and seeing foundables flying around in front of Hogwarts Castle or in the middle of Diagon Alley was perfect.)

#1331 May, 2020, 03:13 pm.

@MrSciGuy You got to use it in Orlando? Wow! AR mode would be soooooo worth the battery drain!

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1431 May, 2020, 03:18 pm.

Totally worth it! I only turned it on a couple times just for the cool AR shots.

• Stina1AStina1A Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    #1531 May, 2020, 03:39 pm.

Oooh I remember trying to open my first portkey...sitting in my car. It did not go well 🤣

• AurorsFocusPlsAurorsFocusPls Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #1631 May, 2020, 09:47 pm.

My most recent memory is my battle with a random Auror in Dark V. The chamber opened with Elites only, 2 Wizards and 2 Acromantulas...

We've won 14 secs before the timer ran out 😂😂😂

• SeaChleSeaChle Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #1701 June, 2020, 09:55 pm.

My husband, stepdaughter, and I are often scattered around the world. We can go months at a time without seeing each other. And having the 3 of us in one place for more than a few days is beyond magical. With the pandemic, all 3 of us are HOME! What a silver lining. I love our daily walks to the fortress to pop a BBE and tackle some foes. It’s the best way to start our day!

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 810 admin
    #1902 June, 2020, 10:05 pm.

Aw, all really lovely stories! Thank you for sharing and for starting this thread @Magpie31

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2003 June, 2020, 12:16 am.

Hmmm.. a number to choose from, but knowing that there are a number of like-minded souls to connect with and serendipitously meeting up in a fortress with them is always a high point to my day!

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2208 June, 2020, 02:55 am.

@Magpie31 I've been meaning to post here. Lots of patronus moments

Christmas day when my son got a new phone and started playing WU with me is probably the top.

Then in no particular order.

Very time I see a swooping evil

Find the local MN WU HUB massive fortress group.

Meeting all my international wizards and witches for the 1st time on the Knight bus!

Also having the global discord group to help with get me thru quarantine is priceless. Ya'll definitely made my days brighter and helped chase the dementors away!!!!!!!!!!

• diwadiwatadiwadiwata Posts: 23 ✭✭
    #2302 July, 2020, 10:06 pm.

My happiest game memory is playing Dark 5 on the Knight Bus with local players. Before the KB, I've only played with my prof friend (lovely memories too of playing at work or at the coffee shop). Then KB launched and we had one night where 5 players were online in Discord. It took almost an hour to finally be on the same bus, but it was fun to "meet up" with them because I never got to go to community day meetups before the pandemic.

• RabbeinuTamRabbeinuTam Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited July 3 #2403 July, 2020, 05:03 am.

For me it was definitely finding this forum! Before this i was playing solo and didn't know anyone else who did, now i have a place to discuss the game and grow as a player.

In game Patronus moments:

Getting Newt for the 1st time.

Whomping Willow.

Getting all my spellbook pages to Gold.

Completing an entire event (all foundables, all tasks, all ranks) for the first time (the One Year Later Event).

Code: 5314 2537 9085, let's unite wizards!

Post edited by RabbeinuTam on