Oddities Not Found

KJGloomzKJGloomz Posts: 60 ✭✭
in General Questions #1 latest comment 03 June, 2020, 08:12 pm.

Why the Oddities are not found even after using Tonic for Trace Detection after update 2.13.1? 😯 I only found Pixie 1-2 time.

Comments

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭
    #226 May, 2020, 07:49 pm.

@KJGloomz I’ve noticed this as well. I don’t think I’ve seen an oddity trace in several days maybe longer.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭
    #327 May, 2020, 12:21 pm.

I still see plenty oddities, early mornings and in the evenings. I have not seen a dragon or three-headed dog in a while, though.

• KontentKittenKontentKitten Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #427 May, 2020, 04:45 pm.

I've seen nothing but Pixies, Leprechauns and the Occasional Horned Serpent. Even so, with my late night play, I should be seeing much more of them.

Can't remember the last time I saw a Vamp, Death Eater, 3-Headed Pup, Werewolf, or even a Doxy (not that I'm a big fan, with how annoyingly fast they fly 😂) but my SOS Tasks have been frozen like this for almost a month because of it!😤

😩

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27 #527 May, 2020, 06:25 pm.

@KontentKitten Not sure if this has been mentioned to you before, but werewolves are only in the map at night around the full moon (+/- 2days) and you won’t see them for the rest of the month; and Doxies only come out around dawn in your area, so you won’t see them at any other time of the day.

The following image posted by @OrangeWizard2019 may help you and others regarding oddities:

I hope this helps on your quest to finishing your SOS tasks and generally for returning oddities 😊

• KontentKittenKontentKitten Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #628 May, 2020, 05:11 am.

@Imaginatio Yes! I am aware of the Werewolves/Full Moon connection. Nevertheless, I play A LOT during early mornings and late nights (very bad sleep schedule from quarantine lol). I still feel like I used to see a MUCH wider variety of oddities - even if they were every once in a while. I haven't spotted any of the Oddities I previously listed in well over a month, month and a half? I hope 🙏 this turns around soon 😕

And thanks for the extra Info! I'll try to incorporate it, maybe I'll even have better luck soon 😅

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 28 #728 May, 2020, 06:14 am.

@KontentKitten I get what you mean with not seeing as many oddities. The spawn rate is okay where I live, but oddities seem to have reduced. I completely missed the death eaters this time round and saw none, which was strange, and I also didn’t see as many werewolves during the last full moon. It was mentioned that the Brilliant event spawns and increased task related family foundable spawns caused competing foundables on the map, maybe that affected oddities as well? I’m not sure though.

Possibly if people can monitor the oddities they see now (since there is no event happening currently) and compare this to a few days ago and also when the wizarding weekend starts, it might give a better picture of the whole situation.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 3 #803 June, 2020, 08:12 pm.

i cannot remember the last time i saw a vampire trace (which is why i have been asking for “date last scene” info to be provided in the registry for each foundable, rather than less relevant “date first seen” info currently available), but it is at least 2-3 weeks ... maybe as far back as when the werewolves stopped appearing despite full moon