Confirmation to Re-place foundables

2»

Comments

• Dragons1111Dragons1111 Posts: 139 ✭✭
    #3216 July, 2020, 03:53 pm.

Looks heartbreaking (not my post but relevant to this thread):

https://www.reddit.com/r/harrypotterwu/comments/hs0ofb/i_just_accidentally_placed_my_fawkes/

• WSDC13888WSDC13888 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭
    #3317 July, 2020, 03:28 am.

With all our shimmering images which many of us intend to leave shimmering, a friend aptly said that moving around our registries now feels like diffusing a bomb. Personally I will be leaving my Vipertooth/Green images shimmering with the numerator greater than the denominator, as a memento. No resource gain is likely to make it worth cashing them in, so I would love for them to be protected.

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3417 July, 2020, 10:19 am.

No resource gain is likely to make it worth cashing them in, so I would love for them to be protected.

Once the next app update releases, that will probably change, as placing them then has a chance to grant the new books required for the new skill-tree.

#3517 July, 2020, 03:15 pm.

Right, but I'd still rather keep them as is. I'll just cash in other images, after community day I have a gold Knockturn Alley with both stars and shimmers, for instance. Unless each dragon grants something specific, I'm not gonna touch them. :D

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3618 July, 2020, 03:58 pm.

So I figured out a way to move from page to page without tapping on my shimmery foundables. This won't help much if you don't remember what is on which page though. Simply tap the photo button on the upper left hand side of the family foundable page, scroll to where you need to go and retap to see your foundables. Safer than trying to avoid all the traps! 😉

• atisatis Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #3722 July, 2020, 04:45 pm.

I agree, this is very much desired, just accidentally placed item that i did not want (page automatically opened).

Also, please don't bring us to registry after collecting trace with max fragments. Button is nice, but i want cancel option, it is way too easy to misclick, and slows gameplay a lot. Back button and/or X at rewards screen should be great, if that skips opening registry

#3827 July, 2020, 02:08 am.

I want my Hagrid back :'(

#3931 July, 2020, 06:24 pm.

Could this be prioritized please in the next app update? This is not just a visual bug, mistake-placements make players unhappy. Especially if in high levels of pages, it takes time to get back to same state. I can't imagine losing Monster Book of Monsters or Whomping Willow, or Werewolves or doxies for that matter.

Got back my Hagrid, if i lose him again, that'll be my 3rd time! :D

#4031 July, 2020, 11:43 pm.

This issue is compounded by the fact that if you're at max capacity for the new charms, you probably want to wait. The return rate on Studious Success isn't high, but it's worth taking every shot you can get.

• Dustydude5Dustydude5 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #4102 August, 2020, 09:27 am.

I agree. I accidentally cashed in my 5 time turners I was saving for when I moved up to silver. Those are so rare!!!! Grrrrr I just wanted to see how many I’d see since I started a year ago and I accidentally used them up. Soooo mad

• HerboxHerbox Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #4210 August, 2020, 01:24 pm.

@hpwulola PLEASE press to get this confirmation implemented. We have a confirmation before we spend coins that was added in. I’ve accidentally placed Gringott’s Goblin, Erumpent, Albus Dumbledore and Young Tom Riddle. It’s so easy to accidentally click them.

On this note it would really help so we could have a chance to check the number of Ministry Manuals returned before as well - with the Trace Charm it might make sense if you can return all the fragments again (once Proficiency is fixed) to place a rare green star image.

But it’s extremely disheartening to throw months of progress away for 4 MM on accident.

• TyrandausTravisTyrandausTravis Posts: 48 ✭✭
    #4314 August, 2020, 11:45 am.

Please No!

Don't add a confirmation box that would consume more time while you have to place images under barrufio. In addition this feature will quickly become useless as when you click to often on the 'yes' of a confirmation box, you tend to do it automatically, even when it is not your intent...

Or at least make this feature configurable and/or compensate lost time by making family xp bar progress animation skipable.

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited August 16 #4416 August, 2020, 08:54 pm.

So tired of accidentally hitting a sticker that I’ve been saving for months. Was just looking through my registry pages, to map out what runestone I need to burn through to progress some pages, and accidentally collected my Thunderbird that’s been sitting at 17/14 for literally 6 months. If you know how rare this is to collect, then you feel my pain. Same thing happened with my Buckbeaks back when the implemented this system. I’ve paid for that error 1000 fold as I sit and wait for eons to see the single buckbeak I need to progress that page.

i keep hearing talk that it’s being looked into, but patches come and go and I still have to do the fearful registry scroll, terrified I’ll accidentally hit my rares... the thunderbird really stung me!

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    #4521 August, 2020, 07:14 pm.

@BocaG I hear you. The worst one for me was my Common Welsh Green, placed accidentally while scrolling. That one hurt a lot.