No sighting of oddities

Sjoerd97Sjoerd97 Posts: 17 ✭✭
in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 05 June, 2020, 12:05 am.

Since the update 2.13 I have not seen any oddity foundables, except pixies and laprechauns. The new moon is supposed to be spawning Death-Eaters (assuming the forum discussions are correct), but walked for hours without any seen. Please fix this soon.

Tagged:
23 votes

Resolved · Last Updated

We added a fix that we believe increases Oddity encounters.

Comments

• fourplus4fourplus4 Posts: 37 ✭✭
    #222 May, 2020, 05:29 pm.

Many on discord have also noted a decrease in oddies spawns, hardly any death eater sightings reported this month :(

• KontentKittenKontentKitten Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #322 May, 2020, 06:05 pm.

Is anyone else not seeing Werewolves, Vamps or Doxies since Update? Even of full moons?

I've been trying to collect the [5 Doxie Droppings] and [2 Tufts of Werewolf Hair] in the "SOS Assignments" (for the last 3 weeks+!) and have collected NOTHING. I cannot move forward because they are NOWHERE to be seen, and I spend most of time playing LATE at night, when they should be out.

Anyone else experiencing this?

DEVS, help!

• Sjoerd97Sjoerd97 Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #424 May, 2020, 07:16 pm.

Just spotted a Horned Serpent, first one since 2 weeks or so. Maybe it is fixed. I go hunting now and will pet you know more.

• KontentKittenKontentKitten Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #524 May, 2020, 07:41 pm.

I've been seeing Horned Serpents and Pixies galore, and the occasional leprechaun. But all others have vanished. Can't even remember the last time a saw a Death Eater - maybe a month ago?

• HuntHunt Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #624 May, 2020, 09:01 pm.

Same. Seen a few leprechauns and 1-2 pixies. Nothing else. Also stuck on the SOS tasks as a result.

• Sjoerd97Sjoerd97 Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #727 May, 2020, 09:24 pm.

I think it is fixes, I saw most of the oddities again after the brilliant event ended. Unfortunately the new moon has already finished so another month without DeathEaters

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 810 admin
    #904 June, 2020, 05:20 pm.

Thanks for creating a report, I have seen a few people comment about this but as far as I know, there has not been any change. I'll share this feedback and have someone look into it.

• rocketjrocketj Posts: 41 ✭✭✭
    #1004 June, 2020, 05:28 pm.

This has been discussed in the discord that Fazes monitored for weeks. I feel like y’all are missing out on a lot of useful information by not having a presence there. @hpwulola

I have not noticed a reduction in centaurs, serpents, erklings, pixies, doxies, or leprechauns. Those have been fine for me.

I have not seen any vampires, dogs, werewolves, escapees, dragons, or death eaters.

• pk2317pk2317 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1104 June, 2020, 05:31 pm.

HPWULOLA - my data is the same as Vanfanel’s. My normal gameplay is such that I have seen close to or over 1000 of most Oddities, and over 2000 of some. I have seen 0 AE, DE, 3HD, or Vampires since the update, even in the appropriate weather/time conditions. No dragons either but those are rare so that’s not entirely unexpected.

• VanFanel842VanFanel842 Posts: 31 ✭✭
    #1204 June, 2020, 05:32 pm.

@hpwulola thanks... see my comment above as the original poster didn't have a list of some of them that many of us have subequently seen but in diminished numbers.

I have seen several of the oddities but that entire page with the 3 headed dog, dragon page (I only know that vipertooth isn't spawning), and the vampire and werewolf have not been seen by people who have replied to my questions in the WUW discord.

I have seen a few threads here with related "where are the xyz oddities" along with some posts on reddit:

• GeunyangGeunyang Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited June 4 #1304 June, 2020, 05:45 pm.

My data is the same as Vanfanel842’s. If you need concrete data, I green starred prestiged my oddities pages on 5/7 and my counts are as follows: on Oddities I: 1 pixie, 42/45 centaurs, zero werewolves and vampires. And on Oddities II: 2 doxies, 3 serpents (in the last 2 days), 6 Erklings, 5 leprechauns. Oddities IV: zero Peruvian Vipertooth dragon which is my local dragon that I was seeing before 5/7, but it hasn’t appeared since then.

edited June 4 #1404 June, 2020, 05:52 pm.

@VanFanel842 Thank you for posting those here, I sent this link over to QA and will let you know if I learn anything! 😊

Side note - I can't believe it's already another full moon. 😱

• diwadiwatadiwadiwata Posts: 23 ✭✭
    #1504 June, 2020, 05:55 pm.

Same experience. These are the oddities I haven't seen for weeks but used to spawn for me regularly on scheduled appearance: werewolves, vampires, Azkban escapee, death eather, three-headed dog, dragon. All I've seen are pixies, leprechauns, erklings, centaurs, and doxies.

• mysteriousDmysteriousD Posts: 43 ✭✭
    #1604 June, 2020, 06:25 pm.

Same experience for me. A few weeks ago it rained solid for 2 days here and I didnt see any escapees like I usually do when it rains.

Last month I didnt see any werewolves during the full moon time. Didnt see any death eaters during the new moon this last time around.

Hoping tonight to see werewolves with the full moon but not holding my breath as I think I should have seen some last night already.

Havent seen a vampire in ages now, maybe since the fragment changes. Or 3 headed dog which I was seeing fairly regularly.

Have seen serpent a few times every night as well as pixies. Seen a few erklings here and there and had some leprecans past day or two. And the one or two mornings I was up at the right time I did see doxies.

Now I dont actually need anymore of any of these as locked gold (placed and even able to keep placing) all these. Dragon pages are only ones not gold due to not all spawn except during special events. But still like being able to do them for no departing traces for points.

i have however seen increased spawning of severe and emergency traces per what was mentioned was suppose to happen with one of the updates. Even dark detectors seem to do much better job of giving some severe and emegency ones than they have in the past.

edited June 4 #1704 June, 2020, 06:36 pm.

@rocketj Thanks for this comment regarding discord. I do understand there are a lot of valuable conversations there and plan to join you all there soon. The past couple weeks we have been determining the best way to fill Fazes' spot, so I appreciate you all baring with us during the transition period. I look forward to getting to know you and all the other players on there! :)

I do think for bug reports, it is easier to pass forum links to QA since we have your player usernames attached to the thread. There may be times we continue to push players from Discord/etc to the forums so we have these reports to share.

• fourplus4fourplus4 Posts: 37 ✭✭
    #1804 June, 2020, 06:44 pm.

Just adding to what others have said

Zero vampires - before would see a couple each night even from home

Zero werewolves

Zero dragon on clear days

• rocketjrocketj Posts: 41 ✭✭✭
    #1904 June, 2020, 07:20 pm.

Thank you! @hpwulola . We will start posting bugs in the bug forum and encouraging others to do so.

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited June 4 #2004 June, 2020, 07:42 pm.

@hpwulola , please see the complete list of missing oddities below. Sorry for tagging you if the list has already been provided - I did not see it in the comments and OP is vague about this.

I see normal amounts of Centaurs, Leprechauns, Erklings, Pixies and Horned Serpents. I've heard from others that Doxies are also appearing normally (they are too early for me this time of year).

I've seen zero

• Vampires
    • Dragons (Peruvian in my area)
    • Three-Headed Dogs
    • Azkaban Escapees
    • Werewolves (during full moon in May)
    • Death Eaters (during new moon in May)

Edit: These oddities disappeared with the fragment rework (2.13.0).

Post edited by cosk62 on
  • SorophinaSorophina Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited June 4 #2104 June, 2020, 08:54 pm.

I normally see a lot of different oddities, but lately I'm just seeing centaurs all the time. Apart from the centaurs, since 2.13 I have seen

• 1 pixie
    • 1 leprechaun
    • 4 horned serpents.

Normally I see at least one of each oddity depending on weather, moon phase, daytime etc., but I has been very scarce now. No Azkaban prisoner, vampires or werewolves at all.

edited June 4 #2204 June, 2020, 09:53 pm.

Thanks for the additional details! Eng team did confirm that there was an issue with these spawns and are looking into making changes asap. I'll share an update when I have a timeline of when we can see this fix.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! I do truly apologize that I did not see the thread sooner.

edited June 4 #2404 June, 2020, 10:33 pm.

@hpwulola we've heard from people on the wuw discord seeing werewolves and 3 headed dog. Also saw this on reddit. Thanks!

https://www.reddit.com/r/harrypotterwu/comments/gwrilv/guys_werewolves_are_out_right_now/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

#2504 June, 2020, 10:41 pm.

Amazing @VanFanel842 Thank you!

#2605 June, 2020, 12:05 am.

I'm also confirming Azkaban escapee and vampires. I had 3 escapees in a row.

This discussion has been closed.