May Wizarding Weekend Details

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 736 admin
in Other In-Game Events #1 latest comment 31 May, 2020, 06:32 pm.

Wizarding Weekends starts May 29 at 11:00 a.m.PT –June 1 at 11:00 a.m. PT! Here are the details for the event:

• A Special Assignment with rewards including Potion Ingredients, Spell Books, and Magical Games and Sports Runestones.
  • Increased sightings of Chudley Cannons Player, Quidditch World Cup, Nimbus 2000, Quidditch Fan Hermione Granger, and Quidditch Captain Harry Potter Foundables on the Map and when using Tonic for Trace Detection
  • Special Rewards for returning the above Foundables can also include Magical Games and Sports Runestones
  • Free Diagon Alley pack with 50 Spell Energy and a Magical Games and Sports Runestone.
Tagged:

Comments

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 295 ✭✭✭
    #321 May, 2020, 09:39 pm.

Just ask a bit. If we claim the special assignment reward. The TTD still work on boosted event foundables?

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #424 May, 2020, 02:17 am.

updated task list per orange wizard

i really appreciate getting this update from orangewizard but seriously something is wrong when the @HPWUTeam here on the official forum does not tell us this kind of info first and we have to hear it elsewhere, eh ?!

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 295 ✭✭✭
    #525 May, 2020, 06:42 pm.

Time to "refill" the mini prestige and harvest them at event. 😆

• KatmeowtsideKatmeowtside Posts: 8
    #728 May, 2020, 06:41 pm.

Sooo should we not participate this weekend if were STILL waiting on our lost fragments and stars to be returned?! Good thing Ive been prepping for the event all week! *eye roll* completely Bogus.

• Mo5150Mo5150 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #828 May, 2020, 07:39 pm.

So I was told in my report of missing many many fragments to basically not do anything until it is fixed. So now I can’t play the event either? Is this going to get resolved or is this the end? I’m missing foundables on every page in the registry including those in the event. I’ve been playing since day one public release and haven’t missed an event. If this isn’t going to be fixed for us postpone the event until a fix actually happens. This was worse than the previous mistake. This one just took fragments and added zero. I’m not going to recapture hundreds of foundables again to prestige those pages again. H

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #928 May, 2020, 11:53 pm.

Why bother buying a pack with Level 5 runestones when the challenge xp is now just 3x rather than 5x?

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 115 ✭✭
    #1029 May, 2020, 03:46 am.

@Magpie31 since balance runestone, no thanks. Maybe you should finding family fragment if you want.

#1129 May, 2020, 06:04 am.

@Yohanes12 Sorry, I don't understand.

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 115 ✭✭
    #1229 May, 2020, 07:28 am.

@Magpie31 since a update wizard challenge, runestone reward challenge family XP has decreased. If you bought bundle weekend, this your risk. More news check this out : https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/7026/update-to-wizarding-challenge-rewards#latest

#1329 May, 2020, 07:36 am.

@Yohanes12 But that is exactly what I just said. You are repeating. I don't understand why you need to explain something to me that I already clearly understand (which is obvious because I just said it).

Because the cxp has decreased and 5 and 4 now give the same CXP, there is no point me using a level 5 runestone. Although I did get the extra fragment cxp for 5, but still very little benefit to a Level 5 runestone.

• dRomersdRomers Posts: 20
    #1429 May, 2020, 09:31 am.

@hpwulola @HPWUTeam please think about postponing the event.

I'm one of the people that lost all green stars, thus al the progress... 😭

And it's not just me, there's a lot of us.. We cannot play at the moment, but want to..

Please consider postponing, I'm begging you and your fellow moderators.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1529 May, 2020, 10:45 am.

@HPWUTeam @hpwulola — no one in their right mind can blame you for postponing the may quidditch weekend event (scheduled to start in mere hours) until you all have fixed the registry problems and properly restored all lost fragments and prestige levels and green stars. but almost everyone here who has been negatively impacted one way or another can and will blame you all for callously ignoring the desperate pleas for you all to prioritize righting the wrongs and postponing the event.

so PLEASE do the right thing ... postpone the event, and right the wrongs

thank you

• DeilaniaDeilania Posts: 2
    #1629 May, 2020, 10:57 am.

@HPWUTeam @hpwulola I have been paying almost since the beginning. This will be the first event I am missing. I understand you can not fix the our registry pages in just 24 hours, but could you announce that the event will be repeated when everything is solved?

• IsThisMajorTomIsThisMajorTom Posts: 41 ✭✭✭
    #1729 May, 2020, 11:15 am.

@kiheikid that would be the only right thing to do!

@Deilania same here... never missed an event. not being able to play this one because of a huge unsolved mess from the team, is punishment.

• LionessMollyLionessMolly Posts: 61 ✭✭✭
    #1829 May, 2020, 04:29 pm.

@HPWUTeam - You should have postponed the event instead of letting it go live. Once AGAIN you dropped the ball on fixing something the players have been begging you to fix, instead you just swept it under the rug and ignored us. Why does Pokemon get a warning to not play on June 1 but WU gets shafted with in game updates that not only don't give us back what you already stole from us but took MORE? There was time to postpone the event 48 hours ago when you all first screwed up but nooooo, let's put out a fix that a large number of people never get then keep saying "We'll update when we know more" and let the event go live anyway, forcing everyone who never got the fix to choose one of two equally crappy options. We can either: play the event and risk losing MORE progress IF (VERY BIG IF) we ever get our fragments back OR don't play the event and not be able to prestige rare foundables. No matter what we do we're losing out but I guess since the MAJORITY of people got their stuff back us fringe people don't matter, RIGHT @HPWUrobert ?!? You basically said as much! You SHRUGGED AT US, told us we don't matter and then WALKED AWAY. Not a single word from you since, leaving it all up to Lola, who I am sure is working hard to figure it out but she can't do it alone and we the players need better communication. I tried so very hard to be polite two days ago when NotAFixGate happened but I've gone far past the end of my patience with these shenanigans and I DEMAND ANSWERS.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    #1929 May, 2020, 07:30 pm.

@HPWUTeam @hpwulola @HPWUrobert

I'd be prestiging Hogwart's Quidditch Pitch to Gold and Hogwarts Quidditch Stands to Silver right now, if not for the May 27 fix... both would be Gold, if not for the May 7 fix. Thanks for pushing forward on this event and making everyone that is missing fragments even more irritated at your failures of updates!!!

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 254 ✭✭✭
    #2029 May, 2020, 09:59 pm.

On an entirely different note, has anyone seen a Quidditch Fan Hermione yet? Several hours in with one Tonic used and having driven around several trace-rich areas near my home, I haven’t seen a single one. Is she really out hem there or are we being teased? 🤔

• HallanenHallanen Posts: 47 ✭✭
    #2129 May, 2020, 10:17 pm.

@CeruleanGirl I've gotten four Quidditch Fan Hermiones so far with two Tonics.

#2229 May, 2020, 10:31 pm.

@CeruleanGirl Already found over a dozen of her in 4 trace tonics... too bad, I can't place her, since they took so many fragments from me in the "fixes". Now, just sitting with her maxed out, with nothing to do.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 254 ✭✭✭
    #2329 May, 2020, 10:50 pm.

@BenTiger Aw that’s too bad. Thanks though, I’ll try more Tonics and see if that helps. Hope they fix it for you.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2430 May, 2020, 01:16 am.

Thanks for the update-ish about the registry, @hpwulola. Looking forward to a satisfactory resolution.

In the meantime, many of us are unfortunately missing out on the current weekend event, because our registries are all messed up and we don’t want to make them worse by placing images and prestiging, only to have them revert back in some way again. Has there been any talk about any possible way to make up for that? One can hope...

#2530 May, 2020, 04:29 am.

They should just add the rest of the Quidditch foundables from the two pages, so those of us that were prepared to prestige the page, until the fix removed all of our stars, can still make some progress.

#2630 May, 2020, 05:15 am.

@BenTiger That would have been a lovely idea regardless - it would allow people to prestige more than once in the day, potentially. For those of us who live in areas with fewer traces, it is great when we can get guarantees from a certain page. The poacher event was flawless!

• PaperpuffPaperpuff Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited May 30 #2730 May, 2020, 06:34 am.

Without tonic I don’t see ANY sports foundables, is that normal?

#2830 May, 2020, 06:36 am.

@Paperpuff Nope. Plenty are appearing near me. I had to use trace tonics to get Harry to appear, though.

• FireNightingaleFireNightingale Posts: 101 ✭✭✭
    #2931 May, 2020, 06:04 pm.

I'm another one struggling to find Hermione! I went out and about yesterday (with a mask, though nobody else seemed to be wearing one!) but found barely any relevant foundables. It seems that you need a TTD to get them to spawn. I'm getting 2-3 per TTD & some vanish on you when you try to catch them. I'm running low on TTDs & ingredients for them, so I'm hoping that whatever is required for the upcoming Brilliant Event can be found in the wild!

• ZaansGroenZaansGroen Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #3031 May, 2020, 06:32 pm.

very disappointing event this weekend. Played for almost 4 hours and did not encounter amy nimbus, only 3 hermiones and 2 harry potters

Last times i play Harry, it is to time-consumong. Bummer, cause i used to get them all