2.13.0 Fragment Issue Resolution

Comments

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3223 May, 2020, 12:31 am.

i touched my starred daily prophet stand by accident and it instantly went from 55/55* to 0/55* with family xp and a runestone that i neither needed nor wanted ... @HPWUTeam really needs to add a confirmation feature before maxed starred images get re-set to zero by the slightest of accidental touches — this is NOT okay

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3323 May, 2020, 04:31 am.

@kiheikid At least it is a gold page, so no harm done. It is a pain in the arse when you do ut on a bronze or silver page!

#3423 May, 2020, 05:27 am.

👎🏻

i am trying to collect maxed images showing n/n, not (less-than-n / n), on my gold pages

so please don’t tell me no harm done. to me, that is the equivalent of someone toppling the house of cards or matchsticks but saying no harm done because the cards or matches are still there on the floor

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3523 May, 2020, 06:33 am.

@kiheikid Apologies. I meant that for me, it would be far more irritating to do that on another level and lose all my rollover fragments. But I can see how this would be annoying for how you are playing the game.

#3623 May, 2020, 07:46 am.

i am glad you understand ... there are more of us here with some degree of OCD than you might think

• OGMagusOGMagus Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #3723 May, 2020, 11:38 am.

@kiheikid I'thinking the same as you; 55/55 on a gold frame is a maxed collection. Even willing to forego the extra XP by not re-placing images.

But I fear, unless they change their current trajectory for development, we will have to keep get all those "place image?" dialogues and only venture into the registry in constant fear of pressing something we shouldn't. It may simply be to much of an hassle.

• Stina1AStina1A Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #3923 May, 2020, 05:10 pm.

@Blinker73 that is confusing, and I really hope it’s B but @HPWUFazes is part of the team, so it does sound like C.

Originally I had read it as they would compare the fragments you had on May 6 to the fragments after the fix on May 7. If they are comparing it to fragments now (say May 24, or whenever we get them), it does seem like we will effectively “lose” fragments we’ve gained between May 7-May 24. 😕 Hopefully they will be using data from right after The Big Bad happened. My pages haven’t updated, but if they do I’ll try to come back and update.

Being a coder sounds incredibly complicated! So many aspects to think about..

• Blinker73Blinker73 Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #4023 May, 2020, 05:21 pm.

@Stina1A I am also a coder and wonder why a simple ratio was not applied when changing the requirements. So if I was at 10/20 and now the requirement is based on 50, I should have been migrated to 25/50. This would have been fair to everyone.

#4123 May, 2020, 05:29 pm.

@Blinker73 i get what you’re saying. If this fix goes correctly, I will have something like 18 pages prestiged with the new counts versus the old, so personally I wouldn’t have wanted a ratio update that would keep me on bronze or something when I may now be up to silver or even gold.

#4223 May, 2020, 06:34 pm.

@Stina1A I agree that I liked prestiging some pages also but the chosen strategy was not fair in my opinion.

for example, we both have a bronze page filled up. 2 minutes before the changes I prestige it to silver and you don’t. So after the changes, All my counts are at 0 and all your counts on the same page permit you to prestige to silver and have extra fragments towards the gold requirements.

a ratio would have prevented that

a sum of all fragments from past and current prestige color would have been another option but raise issues with current prestige and regressions.

because past prestige fragments were not part of the equation in the migration, As a long time player, I feel I am being leveled down to fit with the progress of new players. And on top of this, it seems I will only be restored fragments I did not regain by myself since the bug.

to make a paralell with the covid situation I would say that the requirements change and the so called fix feel more like a way to flatten my progres curve than anything else.

• CrogabattoirCrogabattoir Posts: 96 ✭✭✭
    #4323 May, 2020, 07:26 pm.

I can't really tell if my account has been looked at or not. Four of my pages are above the maximum number in a few of the confoundables making me think that it was possibly. Not one of them were able to be prestiged or leveled up for even any scrolls or red books. I mean I know the few that were above the maximum number I can click on for a green star and a few scrolls.

The way people made it sound like, the update gave a significant increase. If mine was looked at and updated, I don't see much of a difference.

edited May 24 #4424 May, 2020, 12:36 am.

@Blinker73 - thank you for the link to the reddit thread (new to me). the official explanation by the game organizers thusfar has been as clear as mud.

• HidrazonaHidrazona Posts: 56 ✭✭✭
    edited May 24 #4624 May, 2020, 08:08 am.

Wait what is this about comparing fragments from May 6th with what we have TODAY? That's what's written in the reddit post. That's not what we've been told here. We've been told that it would compare to 7th May sometime after the patch! What's going on? If it compares to TODAY, when is today exactly? Today? Tomorrow? In 2 weeks? And then what we return(ed) in the meantime will count against us? Since it will have a higher count than before for sure. Come on, we've been told it would be safe to return stuff in the meantime, and now it counts against us?

#4724 May, 2020, 10:31 am.

Fortunately had screenshots from the 6th and I took screenshots yesterday. I am not playing anymore and waiting to see what is going to happen when I get the so called fix.

I am not too happy to have to calculate and verify the fix by myself but I am not having any fun playing only to get back to where I should have been.

• SkuggbladSkuggblad Posts: 1
    #4824 May, 2020, 01:16 pm.

This doesn't work for me. My numbers still goes down to 0 when I place an image, regardless of if it's a new image or one I've already got. The game has changed so much because of this, it's not that fun to play when your efforts are disappearing

#4924 May, 2020, 02:06 pm.

Reading @HPWUrobert’s post, it looks like comparing fragments from the 6th to the 7th after the patch, which is what I’m hoping. Reading Fazes reply on Reddit, it looks like comparing fragments from the 6th to whenever they patch. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• DadDeDavDadDeDav Posts: 22 ✭✭
    #5024 May, 2020, 02:46 pm.

This is what I'm hoping they're going to do, which would be a fair fix to the two bugs (sorry for the pseudo-code)

SET "WINDOW of interest" to the 12 hours in May 7 when they messed up

FOR every PLAYER in the game

FOR every FRAGMENT possible

IF this PLAYER "placed" this FRAGMENT in this WINDOW

Remark : player got hit by first bug and needs compensation (no carry-over when place image)

Y = number of fragments on 6 May (last data available)

X = new cost of placing the image                 

IF (Y is greater than X) THEN

Compensation = (Y - X)

ELSE

Compensation = 0

EIF

ELSE IF this PLAYER "prestiged" the page which contains this FRAGMENT in this WINDOW and before updating to 1.13.0

Remark 1 : "Else if" and not a separate "if" as otherwise has already been compensated

Remark 2: they got hit by second bug and need compensation (all counts reset when prestige page)

Y = number of fragments on 6 May (last data available)

Compensation = Y

EIF

IF (Compensation is greater than 0)

New fragment count = current fragment count + Compensation

NEXT FRAGMENT

NEXT PLAYER

That wouldn't compensate for the 3rd bug fixed in 1.13.1 when if you caught a fragment with carry-over, it was reset down to the new maximum. Also fragments caught between their backup on 6 May and the start of the bugs on 7 May would not get compensated for.

Still waiting to see if that's what they will do...

edited May 24 #5124 May, 2020, 04:09 pm.

Nice catch @Stina1A , I missed that one.

Would @HPWUrobert or @HPWUFazes care to comment?

As I understand it the fix is going on since as early as the 21th so there must be a defenitive answer available to this question.

• DaniSachettiDaniSachetti Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #5224 May, 2020, 04:51 pm.

And this "from the 21st" story ... do you know someone who already received the fragments he lost on the 7th?

#5324 May, 2020, 05:21 pm.

@DaniSachetti, no, i am not aware of any player who got compensated yet.

The 21th date comes from the “fragment issue resolution“ newsletter available inside the game itself.

I am guessing somewhere, someone must have been compensated already and would like to hear from them.

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #5524 May, 2020, 09:02 pm.

@kiheikid - Shouldn’t it be CDO...? Don’t the letters have to be in order?

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 61 ✭✭✭
    #5624 May, 2020, 09:27 pm.

I just had a pleasant surprise. When I looked at past Brilliant event pages, they all had a green star on the returnables. When I pressed them, they gave me brilliant points, runestones, and up to 1000 XP. Total xp count, about 80,000. Try it.

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 61 ✭✭✭
    #5724 May, 2020, 10:01 pm.

To continue, I used 3 of the runestones mentioned above runestones which gave me Ministry Hermione for another 1000 xp.

Have fun.

• VinkusVinkus Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #5824 May, 2020, 11:15 pm.

@hpwulola when can we expect a fix to this bug? the game freeze every time I try to acces the Registry

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #5924 May, 2020, 11:21 pm.

Last I saw, they won't start the fix until after Memorial day (a US holiday) on Monday.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    #6025 May, 2020, 05:20 am.

The longer that they take to push out the foundables that we lost, the lower the number of foundables that we will be reimbursed, due to completing more traces. I am disappointed that I am losing out on foundables, but happy that they are trying to bug check their resolution before they push it out and break more of the game. Bug checking is something that Niantic has been severely lacking in.

This discussion has been closed.