Status Update: 2.13.0 Fragment Bug Resolution

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 876 admin
edited May 15 in Announcements #1 latest comment 24 May, 2020, 03:53 am.

Hi everyone. We wanted to provide a status update on the next steps we are working on to resolve the bugs caused when the 2.13.0 Game Update was released last week.

We have come up with a solution that will safely add back Fragments players lost due to the issues with last week’s release. While we don’t have an exact timeframe for when this fix will be implemented (hopefully within the next week or so), we are comprehensively QA testing this fix to ensure it doesn’t result in any additional issues. We know that you are eager to see this fix, so we appreciate your patience this week as we work to get this out the door. When we confirm the results of this fix are successful, we will update you with more details and a timeline of when you can expect to see these changes in your account.

We want to reassure you all that our planned fix will restore your lost Fragments without performing any rollback. Rest assured that gameplay progress players have made since these bugs have occurred will be unchanged. We hope to see you all on the Knight Bus this weekend during Community Day!

As a token of our appreciation for your patience, we will also be adding a complimentary store pack to Diagon Alley for all players sometime next week. We want to thank you for your support as our team works hard to resolve these bugs.

- The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite team

Tagged:

Comments

• TomMRiddleTomMRiddle Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #515 May, 2020, 02:43 am.

Finally some good news👍

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    #715 May, 2020, 03:01 am.

I hope the complimentary gift would be potent extimulo 1000 😆

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #815 May, 2020, 03:09 am.

extra potions that put us over capacity means no way for us to brew more/different potions of our own until we are below capacity again

will out potion vault capacity be increased so we can still bee potions of our own choosing?

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1015 May, 2020, 03:59 am.

if and when the gift pack is available, i can thank then

in the meantime, just pointing out an unintended side effect that could diminish the intended overall value of the gift pack (if it inhibits ability to brew additional / different potions due to going over limit) ... so maybe just maybe HPWU can fix before making available 💡

• Stina1AStina1A Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    #1315 May, 2020, 04:23 am.

This is amazing!!! Thank you for the update @hpwulola and thanks to the whole team!

• GearGliderGearGlider Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1615 May, 2020, 04:41 am.

Thank you so much!

• xAlexRoyxxAlexRoyx Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #1715 May, 2020, 05:01 am.

Perfecto me encanta la noticia, esperemos se resuelva de la mejor manera lo antes posible... Gracias...

• GuscarbatoGuscarbato Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #1815 May, 2020, 05:10 am.

¡Que buena noticia! Gracias.

• robcatrobcat Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2015 May, 2020, 06:01 am.

I am pleased to see communication and clarification on this issue. I respect the fact that testing is being done to ensure further problems aren't created instead of just rushing out a half-baked update.

• wizardjayceewizardjaycee Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #2115 May, 2020, 06:25 am.

Thank you for this update.

I hope your fix is successful and given that you are still working on this matter thank you for the very generous compensation gift that is about to be released imminently.

• yw2kyw2k Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #2215 May, 2020, 06:28 am.

Thanks for the news but I don’t think we will get the fragments back by the start of May’s CD? :(

• DadDeDavDadDeDav Posts: 44 ✭✭
    #2315 May, 2020, 06:35 am.

@hpwulola thanks for the update, looks like the proposed resolution meets the needs of a compensation scheme :

• Restoration of what was lost (or something felt to be equivalent by the offended party)
    • A "sweetener" to help re-establish the relationship, of a value which relates to the size of the offense

I feel the sweetener - free pack in store - is about the right size (though like others, think dark detectors would have been good too), and you are promising restoration of our loss… so

THANKS !

DDD

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
    #2415 May, 2020, 07:12 am.

My fragments back and a complementary gift is nice. Thank you, it's more than I was expecting.

But what I want more than a free package, is that someone took note and perfected the procedures so all this could be avoided in the future. That would make this good resolution into a great resolution.

• LiseVLiseV Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #2515 May, 2020, 07:28 am.

Thank you 😁 iam so happy to see that HPWU actually listends to the community feedback!

• AireQueenAireQueen Posts: 1
    #2615 May, 2020, 07:32 am.

Thanks so very much for the fix on this issue. Any word on the repair for the Knight Bus bug? It has not worked for me since the update.

• HidrazonaHidrazona Posts: 58 ✭✭✭
    #2715 May, 2020, 07:57 am.

Thank you! It is really a relief to hear you guys are working on the real deal, AND have added a compensation pack on top of it. Kudos!

It mentions in the extra pack that it also compensates for the other bugs that happened with fragments and so on in general, which should now be fixed. Does this mean that they are currently fixed? Or do I have to download a patch still before playing again?

• HoyotHoyot Posts: 91 ✭✭✭
    #2815 May, 2020, 08:09 am.

Thank you so much, great news for us. 😊

• WizTopperWizTopper Posts: 1
    #2915 May, 2020, 08:16 am.

Thank you so much This is great news, and i appreciate you updating us. Also appreciate the team testing this out before activating it for everyone. I also really enjoyed the event with the Poacher hope to see more like that

• plentypokesplentypokes Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #3015 May, 2020, 09:03 am.

Thanks for communicating this, the gift pack is also highly appreciated. I am a player that was severely let down the last few weeks at the point where I was thinking of quitting, but this has restored some faith in you and I will keep playing - thought you should know.

• XenomerXenomer Posts: 37 ✭✭
    #3115 May, 2020, 09:31 am.

Just came from a battle after seeing this:

I am so happy right now.

Thank you very much.

Faith restored.