The Quidditch Cup Brilliant Event Part 2

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 761 admin
in Brilliant Events #1 latest comment 27 May, 2020, 09:04 am.

Hey everyone! We have details of The Quidditch Cup Brilliant Event Part 2 to share!

Reminder: The Event starts Tuesday, May 19th at 11am PT

There will be six new Foundables. Here is where you can find them:

• Brilliant Encounters: Brilliant Quidditch Fan Luna Lovegood and Brilliant Bludger
  • Quest Rewards: Gryffindor Beater and Slytherin Chaser
  • Wizarding Challenge using Brilliant Runestone: Quidditch Fan McGonagall
  • Portkey Rewards: Quidditch Score-Keeper

Start clearing your Portkey vault to pick up Brilliant Portmanteaus, which will be 1.5KM. As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you part 1 rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2.

There will be a Bonus Assignments that follow the main tasks, best of luck! Remember to pick up your complimentary store pack from Diagon Alley 🎁

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from home. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

Tagged:

Comments

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #215 May, 2020, 12:58 am.

Orange wizard graphics in moderation... So coming "soon"! 😂

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭
    #315 May, 2020, 01:57 am.

@hpwulola Awesome! Thanks for sharing the details! 😊

#415 May, 2020, 02:16 am.

Straight from the orange wizard graphics dept!

#515 May, 2020, 02:16 am.

And for the good stuff (once everything goes through moderation 😊

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    #615 May, 2020, 03:04 am.

Yeah the umbrella.

The one thing missing for upgrade the prestige.

• EmyferretEmyferret Posts: 54 ✭✭
    #715 May, 2020, 02:53 pm.

Fingers crossed for The Veil 🤞

• C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 38 ✭✭
    #819 May, 2020, 06:40 pm.

Is it just me - or no brilliant foundables showing on the map. I spent last 39mins staring at a map full of everything bar brilliant traces! I even restarted the game and checked for an update... still nothing....

#919 May, 2020, 06:53 pm.

yeah! 52mins of waiting and the first appears.... guess this is another event where everything but the stuff you need will appears unless you use a trace tonic.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1019 May, 2020, 07:15 pm.

fyi, for the brilliant mcgonagall fortress fragments (need 3 total to place the image), i went 1 for 4 in ruins4, and then 2 for 3 in ruins5.

• HoyotHoyot Posts: 87 ✭✭✭
    #1119 May, 2020, 07:37 pm.

Uhm, low low low spawn. What's happened?

#1220 May, 2020, 12:24 am.

@Hoyot - i’m having to pop a TTD to get enough spawns in order to progress at each stage; otherwise, just not enough spawns while staying in place here under covid-19 lockdown

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    #1320 May, 2020, 02:30 am.

I am on the fourth set of tasks and I’ve used three TTDs and have only found 4 out of the required 10 Quaffle foundables. At this rate, I’ll run out of TTDs just doing this one task. I thought they were one of the foundables that is supposed to be spawning more often.

@hpwulola Is there a problem with the spawns?

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1420 May, 2020, 03:36 am.

It seems that along with crafting the event tasks to be completable from home, the spawn rates have been adjusted to be lower than what we're used to from previous brilliant events. This isn't a bad thing. It's only the first day of a week long event. There's still plenty of time left to get through the tasks and to find more trace tonic ingredients if needed.

#1520 May, 2020, 05:00 am.

@MtPollux I disagree. The spawns are few and far between without a TTD and, even with one, most of the spawns are not the ones that are supposed to be increased for the events. The bonus tasks are hefty, and will be nearly impossible to finish at home without a TTD, and difficult to finish even with one as the spawns are now. Luckily, I am not home bound, and will be able to finish without too much problem. I am thinking of the people who are still unable to get out and about. They are going to have a lot harder time.

#1620 May, 2020, 08:54 am.

and dont forget about end of the month community day, it seems very TTD-ish

edited May 20 #1720 May, 2020, 10:17 pm.

@hpwulola Yes, there is definitely something off about the spawns, at least in my area. I am in a church parking lot that is positively teeming with spawns and halfway through a TTD, I have only had a few of the foundables that are supposed to be boosted and only one of them was a Quaffle. And that one departed on me after one great spell cast. Any idea what’s up?

Update: Literally within three minutes of posting this I had three Quaffles spawn. Spooky.

#1820 May, 2020, 10:48 pm.

Every time I post about something and suddenly it’s no longer a problem, I picture @hpwulola sitting in front of a giant google map punching buttons and saying “Uh oh, they need more of these in Las Vegas!” 🤣

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 761 admin
    edited May 20 #1920 May, 2020, 11:00 pm.

@CeruleanGirl LOL!! If only I had that magical power.

I passed this feedback along but we aren't hearing too many reports of this at the moment. The team is keeping an eye on it. Thanks for sharing your experience here!!

• GatorellaGatorella Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #2020 May, 2020, 11:29 pm.

I swear Foundables are being dropped in opposite order of need. When I was looking for megaphones I couldn’t find one to save my life but tons of bats. Now that I need bats all I’m finding are megaphones! For the love of magic what is happening?

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 142 ✭✭
    #2121 May, 2020, 12:26 am.

thankfully I was able to complete the assignments but do you know how aggravating it is to not be able to find what you need WHEN you need it, not to mention how much more difficult it is to catch things since this most recent update? Everything I need is either not showing up at all or fleeing and the brilliants barely show up without tonics. Most of the others that were supposed to have increased spawn rates do on my end, minus Hagrid's umbrella, so that's something but this most recent update definitely messed up spawn rates🤦🏼‍♀️

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭
    #2221 May, 2020, 03:12 am.

@CeruleanGirl lol 😂 I’m starting to picture that as well now! 😂

It’s the magic of the forum. It’s very weird. Still no idea how it works. But for many it just does. 😳 Spooky... 👻

• MagusAnimagusMagusAnimagus Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #2321 May, 2020, 04:54 am.

@Gatorella I had that same revelation during the last several events, and I get why gameplay is that way. Too easy isn't fun, but completing these tasks has been the worst so far because spawns are so scarce. That's not too fun either. I got two megaphones in the whole three three times I've used TTD but about 6 bats during each tonic use. As a result, I can't get past the megaphone trolls to get on to the next task list.

I'm an essential worker in healthcare, so I haven't been playing as often as I did before. Still, I've tried to complete each Brilliant Event because I'm sort of OCD about my registry. This is the first time I've thought about not completing it because I just don't have the kind of time to chase after this level of scarcity. Bummed.

#2421 May, 2020, 05:32 pm.

Finally made to stage 4 of event -- quaffles are a pain to find... I have discovered that you only get 1 spawn per TTD so far... going to be a cost and lengthy process to get all 10... I would have normally finished all stages by now.

#2521 May, 2020, 05:40 pm.

@C4tmonster I hope you have the same spooky magic I did and they start spawning for you now that you’ve posted about it! Good luck!

#2621 May, 2020, 06:59 pm.

@CeruleanGirl - not such luck unfortunately - 2 further TTD and 2 further quaffles. I now waiting to see if without any will spawn... but none so far.

#2721 May, 2020, 11:05 pm.

@C4tmonster got the same problem as you. But while TTd was ON, my gps lost its accuracy (avatar flying around with broom). I restarted the app then suddenly my house surrounded by sports foundables and all of them are quaffles. Weird huh

• TheWhyteBoarTheWhyteBoar Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #2822 May, 2020, 05:19 am.

So this 'play at home' event still does not spawn ingredients or portmanteaus for those of use not living near spawn points? I can't even complete the first page of this event. Really disappointing.

#2922 May, 2020, 06:07 pm.

I eventually completed but it took a longer than normal time and with a large quantity of TTDs. It appears since completing, the number of quaffles has increased.

#3022 May, 2020, 09:05 pm.

@C4tmonster - congrats on finishing! 🥂 ... i myself am one TTD (the third of three) away from finishing the bonus assignments ... and am trying to save it for dawn tomorrow just in case i can snag some doxies with it. this event’s spawns seemed way too erratic and TTD-intensive, which stinks since the upcoming quidditch weekend event will be TTD-intensive too and i’ll be spending time between now and then brewing more TTDs (and dawdles and potent/strong exstimulos) to prepare, all while trying to track down vital ingredients without being able to go out and about much. have not been able to visit a greenhouse in ages.

#3122 May, 2020, 10:48 pm.

@kiheikid I have been able to get out to play from my car, but even with being able to get to a greenhouse, it seems like it’s really hard to find seeds to grow! I’ve been looking for ginger seeds forever.