Fortress: private Groups
Lucoire Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
People want to play together. This Suggestion is trying to adress that AND how it could be implemented.
- This Suggestion makes a certain number of assumptions about what "can" be done and what can't be done. If you disagree with those assumptions, please don't do it here.
- This is a Brainstorming, nothing suggested here is final - constructive feedback is appreciated
- This idea has come up before. If it is considered "a duplicate" of already existing ideas, please merge the posts @hpwulola
- When in the Fortress-Overview (where you can see all of the Floors), players are given a new Button at the very top of the list.
- When that button is tapped, they're asked whether they want to CREATE or JOIN a private group
- When they tap CREATE, they're asked to Select a FLOOR and upon confirming that, they're asked to select a Runestone. Following that, the player is presented with a Floor-Lobby. On the top, a randomly generated Symbol-Code of length 3 using the Exploration-Families is shown.
- When they tap JOIN, they're asked for a Symbol-Code of length 3, using the "Exploration-Families" as available symbols. If the Player enters a code of a Private Group that has that combination of symbols, they're asked to select a runestone. Following that, they're presented with the Floor-Lobby.
- The private Floor-Lobby does not have a "countdown"-Timer or a way to retroactively change the Floor.
- Once all players tap "Join" in the floor-lobby, the Challenge starts.
For the Knight-Bus, there's an additional Suggestion:
- In the Floor-Lobby of the Knight-Bus-Fortress (Private Groups only), any Player can tap a free Participant-Slot. Once they do, they're presented with their friendslist from which they can send an invite. Said invite is valid for 2 minutes. During those 2 Minutes, said participant-Slot is reserved (and considered as "unjoined" in regards to starting the challenge). The invited Friend is sent an app-notification to accept or decline the Invitation. If they chose to accept, they're then asked to select a runestone after which they're added to the private Lobby.
- This can be used to play alone aswell
- The Invite via Friendslist assumes that the Knight-Bus-Fortress-Instances wouldn't become overpopulated by having too many Players join one particular one. This might not be the case.