Suggestion for new Diagon Alley purchase

LousyWizardLousyWizard Posts: 1
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 04 June, 2020, 06:52 pm.

I have hit a brick wall when it comes to upgrading my fundamentals in my profession. I currently have 891 scrolls and 73 restricted books but need spell books to increase.

While I have been completing a ton of challenges and slowly acquiring more spell books, I thought an addition to Diagon Alley would be nice.

Maybe there could be a way to “buy” one spell book for every 50 scrolls or 25 restricted books (or X amount of coins). Maybe there could be a way to go the other way too. If someone really needed scrolls, and they had a lot of spell books, they could use one spell book and get X amount of scrolls.

Thanks so much!

Mike

AKA LousyWizard

Comments

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #214 May, 2020, 04:33 pm.

Hi @LousyWizard (😂) Welcome to the forum!

This topic has been discussed a lot, and nothing has been done with it, unfortunately. I don’t think they’re going to implement it.

If you are in need of the red books, they are now easier than ever to obtain. The Knight Bus allows you to fortress as a team. The more people you have in a battle, the higher your challenge XP, and the quicker you earn red books.

Also with the new (yet polarizing) update, when you place items in the challenge registry, you get significantly much more challenge XP than ever before. Again, that leads to more red books. For example, in my challenge registry my three books pages are all prestiged to gold. Every time I can place the image of a book in there, I get 1200 challenge XP. That’s huge! Those book fragments mainly come from the easy ruins levels, so the battles go by super fast. Plus you can keep placing those book fragments over and over again now, allowing you to earn a ton of challenge XP, and thus more red books, pretty quickly. Happy Pottering!

• RazorgirlRazorgirl Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    #319 May, 2020, 03:19 pm.

Add to that strategy that a Professor with a Maxed out Deterioration Hex can farm book fragments for zero Spell Energy. It’s boring as bat s^^^, but in a world where Spell Energy can’t be replenished as easily as it once was, its an option.

• Crowley1701Crowley1701 Posts: 2
    #420 May, 2020, 04:18 pm.

I just posted the same thing. It's maddening trying to get the books. Almost makes it not worth it since you get stuck on upgrading. They really need to address this.

• FireWandererFireWanderer Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    #504 June, 2020, 03:44 am.

For future readers: @Razorgirl's suggestion unfortunately doesn't work anymore since they changed the number of challenge fragments you get per challenge. Used to be 4 per encounter with a level 1 runestone (which was quite broken with the ease at which you could obtain Brilliant runestones), now it is 2 per encounter with a level 4 runestone. C'est la vie.

And no, it doesn't matter what chamber you are in or what family runestone you use. It probably should give you more if you successfully defeat a Forest or Dark chamber, but it doesn't as of this writing.

• mysteriousDmysteriousD Posts: 62 ✭✭
    #604 June, 2020, 06:52 pm.

They adjusted the fragments you get to reflect the fact that you dont need hundreds of them anymore to place the images.

It is STILL much easier to earn those red books with the bus and playing higher chambers with higher stones and other players.

For someone who is a solo player most of the time, **** those red books was a pain and very time consuming. Unfortunately I maxed my magi before the knight bus with lots of ****, which is alot when challenge page is maxed to needing 3770 pts for 2 red books and magi needs the most of those red books.

But since the bus started I am up to over 600 red books because doesnt take too many battles to level that page again and again. Plus some of the placing over and over again when fragments got fixed leveled that page up nicely.

But i straying off what i originally was saying. The new fragments you get is in reflection of how many LESS you need to place them now.