HOW TO STOP Players who don't contribute in chambers.

12346»

Comments

• Seadragon65Seadragon65 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #15221 May, 2021, 12:02 am.

I think there needs to be a FORCED tutorial because obviously a lot of people still don’t get it. Should have been there from the beginning, a lot of other games I play do that where you literally have to do what they show you before you can start playing. I know it would briefly be a pain for the rest of us but if it prevents a Prof from not taking the one spider when there are three pixies available, it’s worth it IMO.

Other thoughts - if you take something you’re NOT strong against early on and try to beat it, the challenge as a whole will probably take longer than if you just wait a few seconds for one of your own foes to show up. I’m a Magi, I generally won’t take dark forces or oddities unless everything has spawned and no beasts are left. I was in a fortress where at the start there were two beasts, I think a prof took one and I took the other - when I finished the prof was still fighting the other beast and there weren’t any more for me to take. Not a good use of their time or mine.

And yes, please don’t take Elites immediately! I need to get up to 12 focus before I can cast bravery. Also have learned not to take on new death eaters or wizards because of the first strike boost aurors get.

If I’m the third of my profession in the lobby, the team’s not balanced and I’m going to leave.

re: the bug with the incorrect power level being shown - it fixes itself if you switch to a different profession and switch back. Also a pain, but at least it’s fixable. Just have to remember to do it every time you complete a training.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 368 ✭✭✭
    edited May 21 #15321 May, 2021, 01:18 am.

@Seadragon65 when fighting at Dark Chamber 5, I don't agree with waiting until I get 12 focus before I put out the Bravery Charm if there's already Elites at the beginning because I don't like having too many elites waiting to be defeated towards the end. If it is an elite beast, I just go ahead and engage it without the Bravery Charm.

I don't usually use the Strong Invigoration Draught except during events so I don't feel that I need to conserve it. Most of the time, we (magizoologist) do not need to use more than one as long as the foe we need to defeat is a beast (even an elite one). I prefer to use the focus after my first foe on boosting a couple of teammate's stamina.

• NhixNhix Posts: 51 ✭✭
    #15421 May, 2021, 07:18 am.

@Seadragon65 agree with the forced tutorial but. Profs need to cast proficiency instead of using the focus from aurora to defend themselves. Some some even seem aware of the defence feature.

As magi, it's hard for me to use up my focus to cast the bravery charm. I'm weak below 5 focus. I'd rather wait and recuperate than jump into a fight, get killed and wait till I'm revived while others around me are waiting to be revived.

Also some aurors need to learn up hex properly. Confuse the dark wizard, erks and pixies. Confuse on the green erks is absolutely essential or it's just a waste of energy when they dodge multiple times.

Tbf, people have got better over time but at times you get some newbies? I was terrible when I started. Learnt everything from discord.

• SparkleLikeAGemSparkleLikeAGem Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    #15523 May, 2021, 07:45 pm.

As a prof, I always cast proficieny ASAP. I sometimes use invigoration at the start to get proficiency cast if an idiot other professor got all the focus from the auror(s) and only used it to shield themselves and hex their first foe. I then start putting shields on aruors, then myself (since it also gives me an attack boost) but the battle is usually half over by then. I will cast shields on a lone magi, but if there is more than 1 I figure they should have enough focus to keep their own health up. I'll give them a shield though if I see they are clueless and let their health drop below half. Otherwise, I'll use my det hex against level 5 spiders, wolves and death eaters.

Magis have no reason to cast bravery until an elite shows up, and should use revive instead of healing to save focus, at least until bravery has been cast.

Aurors, please give a prof 2 or 3 focus at the start to get proficieny out and a couple more later so they can put shields on. Magi's won't mind an extra focus to get bravery out when the first elites appear. Use confusion first on wolves, earklings and dark wizards. Don't save up your focus and dump 12 on the professors when there is only 1 foe left.

• Seadragon65Seadragon65 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #15623 May, 2021, 08:52 pm.

@Djea but Bravery makes such a huge difference! I’ve been able to take out high level elites with 4 spells and no potions when I manage to make all critical casts. If there are multiple elites at the beginning I’ll use invigoration to get up to 12 focus, but if only 1-2 elites I’d wait. Leaving them towards the end when more charms and hexes have been cast makes them easier to beat as well.

@Nhix Totally agree on the green Erks, I’ve stopped wasting exstim potions on them because they’ll just dodge 5x in a row without confusion. That’s another reason it might seem like a magi isn’t contributing.

@SparkleLikeAGem i would like to fortress with you! I was just in Dark 5 and the lone prof never cast proficiency. At the end there were 9 werewolves and pixies, 3 of which were elite.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #15723 May, 2021, 11:09 pm.

As a magi, isnt bravery give more damage boost than beast mode (5 focus).

Usually i cast bravery when have to engage elite beast eventhough it will lower my focus below 5 (hoping they will increase mid battle or even before battle begin with loading time and such).

But that only apply on elite spider though, on elite erkling it really depend on confuse from auror.

• NhixNhix Posts: 51 ✭✭
    #15823 May, 2021, 11:44 pm.

@Kodokmag if I'm the only magi playing in the team, I'll wait till 11 focus at least. If you cast too soon, you would be too weak to survive.

If you have another magi in the team, cast away as soon as you see an elite. The second magi can revive you if you die.

Also, defence is useless if your focus is below 5- so always aim to keep it above 5.

edited May 24 #15924 May, 2021, 12:08 am.

I agree with@Nhix that professors should put up proficiency charm as soon as they get 12 focus, which is usually right after defeating the first foe (when we have all 5 teammates playing). I have noticed that it helps a lot in defeating foes.

@SparkleLikeAGem thank you very much for casting proficiency charm ASAP. I should be the last one to give a shield charm to because as a magizoologist I have a lot of healing potions (over 50 and rising from gifts) that I rarely get to use except with the Ancient Hungarian Horntail and Forest Chamber II and higher challenges. I do have a tendency to wait until I get low before using them but I keep a eye on my stamina every time I cast the protego spell. I feel that I should use my focus on the Bravery Charm first and then sending Stamina Charm to 2 to 3 teammates with the least stamina (rather than myself) in between fighting foes. I prefer spending 2 focus each when I have it to keep my teammates fighting.

@Seadragon65 I agree that the Bravery Charm does help. I just like using the Strong Invigoration Draught to put it up if I see at least one Elite at the start. On the other hand if it is an elite beast and I am the one fighting it, I would just go ahead and fight it with a Wit-Sharpening Potion and a Potent Exstimulo Potion. I use Potent Exstimulo Potions on all foes in Dark Chamber 5.

I also love fighting Erklings. I always choose them first. I love the challenge of hitting them. I do use the Potent Exstimulo Potion to make sure that each of my hit counts a lot.

Unfortunately, my phone is not as fast as other people's. I apologize to my teammates in advance if I am not contributing to the battle as fast as I should. I try to get at least 4 foes. Once, I even defeated 7 foes in Dark Chamber 5; I was high with energy after that.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #16024 May, 2021, 11:12 am.

@Nhix on that regard i', absolutely agree with you. LoL

usually i'll wait for 1st wave (1st foe, assuming all player engage on their first foes) or see the foes composition (if there is more than one elite then i use strong invigor to cast bravery)

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    #16126 May, 2021, 01:07 am.

@Pondripple “not everyone knows what they’re doing”. Then those who don’t know what they’re doing should NOT enter a chamber with others until they’ve played long enough “alone” to “ get the hang” of what they need to do.

• Belar1961Belar1961 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #16220 August, 2021, 09:39 am.

My biggest gripe on this one is when I come out of fighting an opponent to find 1 opponent left, usually a werewolf or spider (btw I’m a Level 59 Auror). And find 4 other people fully loaded up, just sitting there, and god forbid it be their specialty.

I’ll usually sit there for like 15 seconds to see what anyone is going to do. Then I’ll jump on whatever it is and hope that they will cover me in whatever way they can. I typically fight alone unless it’s an event where you need to complete such n such chamber with so many other players.

The other gripe is when I enter a chamber and there’s someone already there, aka they started the clock. The room will fill up with a good combo of players and that person is just sitting there, not joining. Then other people will drop out, don’t blame them. But this would definitely be a place for other players to be able to “kick” someone out, and they could limit it to say under 30 seconds, when you get to 30 seconds they are gone. But to keep it fair the rest still have to wait out that last 30 seconds, which might give another player just enough time to jump in.

• Expelliarma7Expelliarma7 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    #16327 August, 2021, 12:36 pm.

I’m really glad to have found this thread. When I finally realized last week what a community resource these boards were, I inadvertently ended up in a discussion with a much more inflammatory (and blame-y) topic header. It’s good to remember that folks may have connectivity issues. I’ve certainly experienced enough game errors and bounces to know what that’s like.

It will take me a while to catch up on the pages of discussion in this topic, but mainly I came here this morning because I had a fantastic Dark V Knight Bus team experience yesterday, and I think it’s so important to shout out when that happens too.

I’m a level 60 Magizoo, beginning some Prof training, but I really love being a Magizoo. I love supporting my fellow players in that way. I’m also looking forward to making my way through the pages of discussion here, because I see the many tips and tricks people are posting… and even though I’m a level 60, I know there’s always more I can learn. Cheers, everyone!

• Kiyone57Kiyone57 Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    #16427 August, 2021, 02:31 pm.

@Belar1961 The flaw in your suggestion to kick people out is this: I've been one of the "waiters." I've seen 3 others actually "join" a chamber. If I click "Join", no matter how much time is left to start, the battle starts with less than 5 people. This may be fine at the lower levels, but I don't want that happening in a Dark, or even a Forest, chamber. I'd rather wait to see if a 5th person whose profession balances the mix does join.

I share your gripe on players who are available to take on a foe that's their specialty but don't. I'm a Professor and have several times ended up taking a Dark Wizard or Death Eater because an available Auror isn't taking it.

@WitchHiker I blame HPWU for pushing so many players into the higher levels by having events where one of the tasks was to complete specific high level or increasingly higher Fortress levels. A year or so ago they had an event where the tasks were to complete increasingly higher chambers. Likely lots of players with the highest chamber of Dark V were pushed there because of it. I'm one of them and I honestly hate the Dark chambers but do them to gain the task rewards and complete the event. I've gone over the how-to's, so I try to do the proper steps.

• HuffleMrsHuffleMrs Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #16531 August, 2021, 01:52 pm.

I can completely understand why you would be annoyed. I am a newer player and unfortunately I end up getting knocked out for 30 seconds many times if I'm in chamber two or three even though I try really hard and I use all of my potions I make and share all of the skills I can. Sometimes I feel like a leech and I'm totally not trying to be but I'm still learning. Hopefully this gives you a different perspective from someone that definitely loves to play and is in it to work with others but is a newer player. Would love to actually battle with people and learn more and more I wish there was a chat feature so people could help teach me more. I know that I get the little things in the corner and I make sure I put that against all of the foes I can! Is it wrong that I put my friend code here? Cuz I would love people to add me and I am definitely in it and we'll work hard even if I do get knocked out for 30 seconds!

1467 8486 7530

• VoiceMasterVoiceMaster Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    #16619 October, 2021, 09:46 pm.

OK, I’m gonna say it. AUORORS! Please stop leaving battle lobbies if we don’t have every profession in place. Anything lower than a Dark IV will play fine with only two professions. Especially if there are multiple of one or both. Every time someone bails on me, it’s always an Auror - or group of Aurors. Our brave knights?

edited October 19 #16719 October, 2021, 11:12 pm.

I'm a magizoologist but I sometimes play as an auror alone. I am 2 lessons away from competing the Auror Professional combat training, and I understand why aurors prefer having all the professions represented during fortress challenges, even at Forest Chamber I.

First of all, they get injured a lot more, and have a lot less stamina and starting focus than a magizoologist. As an auror, I was not able to complete Forest Chamber I without using at least a couple of healing potions while fighting a regular Dangerous, and above (3+ stars), acromantula; it's the same experience I have dueling a 4+ star werewolf.

I do like having the hexes that aurors have but missed the magizoologist bravery and healing charms, and stamina too much to stay an auror except for an occasional bout on my own to reduce my healing potions in storage to less than 60.

I'm hoping that future combat training lessons will add some of the skills from aurors and professors to the magizoologist repertoire.