HOW TO STOP Players who don't contribute in chambers.

Comments

• LucoireLucoire Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #12221 November, 2020, 01:09 pm.

@Cartaphilus And such a system won't work in case of bugs / technical issues / disconnects.

• WildDaveWildDave Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #12325 November, 2020, 03:25 pm.

I think you should, instead of picking a foe, be able to beat out another Wizard. They should give us credit for each foe ****, and then use that power to beat out the deadbeats. We would just select another Wizard instead of a foe. Instead of focus, use the body count for credit for new skills on a new skill tree. And let multiple Wizards fight the deadbeats at the same time. Beaten wizards don't get anything for the chamber. 5 smackdown and your avatar carries a scarlet A branded on their face permanently, A for ahole.

• CartaphilusCartaphilus Posts: 104 ✭✭✭
    #12425 November, 2020, 05:25 pm.

@WildDave 🤣😂🤣 rofl. You made my day. Don't forget a Wizarding Achievement badge for fighting 5000 deadbeats and a new title "Deadbeat Dumper".

• DoztemDoztem Posts: 35 ✭✭
    #12525 November, 2020, 07:09 pm.

I believe that there should be a tutorial within the strengths of each function that each profession has, where I explain what to do at all times and in different situations.

• VoiceMasterVoiceMaster Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    #12627 November, 2020, 11:39 pm.

Just happened twice in a row. Both times the only wizard of it's suit just didn't play. So four of us were battling the foes of 5 players. Infuriating.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    #12701 December, 2020, 12:21 am.

Yep, was in a chamber with 2 other players.

Two of us were hitting everything and I noticed the third player was jumping on a foe then jumping right back out., repeatedly.

Reminded me of a child moving food around on their plate trying to make you think they’re eating.

I believe the other player picked up on this because we both refused to engage the last foe.

• Sez4200Sez4200 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #12805 December, 2020, 01:43 pm.

Thank god I am not the only person who finds this annoying I think there should be some sort of point system where if u don't try and **** any foes then u don't get any points or experience

• RowanQuinainRowanQuinain Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #12904 January, 2021, 05:52 pm.

Perhaps instead of negative reinforcement, there needs to be some sort of positive reinforcement. Have an option to give kudos to the players that pull their weight, and ignore the ones that don't. Reward them with extra XP/fragments/etc if they get any kudos. They get nothing extra if they don't get any.

Either that, or a report button to report players that don't do anything and Niantic can look into it. Assuming they'd have the resources for this. OR, an inactivity timer that kicks players automatically or punishes them after maybe like 30 seconds of inactivity.

I don't generally have a problem with players not pulling their weight, as long as they do SOMETHING. But more often than that, I've had players that literally just don't do anything. They enter a challenge and leave their phone and go afk. They let the lobby timer run to 0 even when everyone else is readied up, and then literally do NOTHING the entire challenge. I'll go ahead and call out a player named Threading for doing this exact thing during a challenge. Quite frustrating and wastes a lot of other player's times.

• SwampRatUKSwampRatUK Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    #13004 January, 2021, 06:23 pm.

I don't know if we need rewards (especially not at first), give us a way to see who casts which spell and a thumbs up / well done mechanism and people will get a nice positive feeling from being liked - no chat etc means someone being peeved about not being thanked can't cause too much of a problem and no reward means there's no real 'loss' to begrudge if not being thanked.

• OdetshkiOdetshki Posts: 67 ✭✭
    #13105 January, 2021, 12:45 am.

Yes, the thing where you can get positive feedback but not negative punishments seems excellent. Maybe somebody thinks they play perfect with group when in fact they are lousy as an eggplant. So when they aren't getting the thumbs up maybe they'll start looking in to things and educating themselves. Would be horrible to be that person though, wouldn't it? 🤣

• BoredFlakBoredFlak Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #13205 January, 2021, 05:10 am.

I am an Auror. I have to agree with a lot of these. I may look like a slacker, but I have serious lag. Today I felt very useful in a Dark V chamber as I took down 8 wizards. Part of that was the team letting me do what I do best and not attacking those targets until they were the only ones left. I have been in groups where my targets get jumped first, leading to already in use delays until I can find a target. Maybe a forced, first time tutorial for the fortresses, that explains which each type does best with, so they know what to attack first, before attacking anything else.

• BoredFlakBoredFlak Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #13305 January, 2021, 05:15 am.

@CASSASAURESREX that would be great, once Niantic fixes the bug with the numbers. I am fully powered, yet showing about half of what I am.

#13405 January, 2021, 07:25 am.

@BoredFlak

(...) once Niantic fixes the bug (...)

"once "WB Games" fixes the bug"

Niantic doesn't do the App programming, that WB-Games. Niantic does the Server-Side Architecture and Waypoints.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #13505 January, 2021, 07:28 am.

as seen per poi sync bug, niantic doesnt do that either. it is an almost certainty that the reason we've had no pois since june is b/c WB had to learn to do that on their own, and it was at the bottom of the low priority pile.

#13605 January, 2021, 07:30 am.

and, personally the limited times I play w randoms anymore, if I see a freeloader there's 1 way I deal with them, especially if im the only profession of that type in-chamber. Leave and waste the rune. Then most likely they will not manage to defeat the chamber and they wont get any rewards either, I've got well over 8000 runes, I doubt they do.

#13705 January, 2021, 01:10 pm.

@Drakonite

Another side note: you do realize that you can EDIT your posts? No need to spam the forum with several consecutive comments within the same thread.

As for the POI-Issue: It works fine for Ingress and Pokemon-GO, the only game where it doesn't work is the one where WB-G is involved, suggesting that WB-G has messed up the sync (something that was even confirmed elsewhere).

#13805 January, 2021, 03:22 pm.

@Lucoire yes, i know. And I dont believe that I am, but thank you for the unsolicited -predictable- advice.

And yes, that's exactly my point. Niantic isnt involved in WU in that either, it's WB and they've messed up.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 368 ✭✭✭
    #14008 January, 2021, 07:26 am.

I have experienced network/WiFi problems while on fortress challenges, too. And it does seem a bit too long before being notified that someone else has engaged the foe. I try to use my focus on boosting other people's stamina (and not my own), but sometimes it goes to the wrong person.

And once I tried to revive someone twice but the game would not let me; all it did was show me a count-down, which was really weird. So I opted go back to fighting another foe. As a magizoologist, I used the Strong Invigorating Draughts to get the bravery charm working at the start if there's an Elite foe that is not a beast. (Otherwise, I just go ahead and fight the elite beast.) I did just that during this same Dark Chamber 5 battle but the auror left the Elite Dark foe alone for me to battle it at the end (which I did with a second or 2 to spare *\0/*). There were no beast for me to battle throughout so I don't know what the Auror was thinking leaving the most formidable foe for me. And I did pull my weight by battling as much as they did (or supposed to).

I divide the number of foes with the number of fighters to calculate the minimum amount of foes that I need to defeat. Most of the time, I defeat the exact amount of foes; sometimes more or less (because some people are so fast that we finish a few minutes ahead of time.)

It would help a lot if we are able to converse in battle so we will be notified if someone needs reviving or a lot of stamina since I, too, prefer to use my overflowing healing potions for myself, and use the focus for the bravery charm and boosting other people's stamina. Please forgive me for the times that I get so engrossed with battling one foe after another that I forget to check if people need me to send them some of my focus. Keep in mind that a magizoologist also need to keep at least 5 focus in order to effectively defeat curiosities.

It would also be great in saving precious seconds if we can click on more than one kind of potion we wish to use at the same time. The scroll, choose one, click use on each potion needed is really difficult sometimes.

Also, please ignore the videos/tutorials that advice people to just "support" other fighters on the sidelines. I told a friend of mine that if everyone did that, no one will be dueling. I advised my professor friend to use the charm that costs 7 focus (proficiency power charm?) for everyone as soon as possible, and use the other charms/hexes to help people when she has the focus and the time especially at the end to help the last ones finish. When you are playing the highest chamber, it is really stressful trying to focus on everything and everyone. Sometimes when you can not fight any foe with the green arrow, all you can do is try to defeat as many foes as you can and hope for the best.

• VoiceMasterVoiceMaster Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    #14108 January, 2021, 09:38 am.

@BoredFlak A tutorial would be great. There is a lot in these pages, but WU needs to create tutorials for people who haven't found these pages.

• SwampRatUKSwampRatUK Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    #14208 January, 2021, 11:58 am.

Whether as a tutorial or an optional 'show adviser' there would be scope for some nice themed text - eg Hagrid giving his views on erklings before noting they can be controlled will by a trained Magizoologist but only if you can hit the pesky blighters, so it's best to get an Auror to confuse them.

If you had advice on as professor and cast hexes first McGonagall might suggest curtly that team mates might prefer you to think longer term and either save for a proficiency charm or in harder chambers help with defence (although if you're solo it hex isn't all bad to get past a tricky one - just passive boosts will help more times)

Agreeing on the optimal rules and conditions for advice could get contentious I suppose

• StephieRoboStephieRobo Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #14308 February, 2021, 07:40 pm.

I agree this needs sorting, just sitting there and waiting for it to be over isn't the game.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    #14421 February, 2021, 10:26 pm.

If I’m in a fortress with only one other player and it’s very apparent the other player is just “watching” (I’m the only one decreasing the foe count), I have no problem losing my rune stone by saying “adios freeloader” as a leave the fortress.

• PondripplePondripple Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #14504 March, 2021, 07:17 am.

You don’t have to punish players- not everyone knows what they’re doing, or has a great connection.These are my suggestions.

1- ‘nudge’, help’ , and ‘working on it’ buttons/options to communicate with players. 

2- halo around players who have cast spells on foes and team-mates

3- per player foe engaged/defeated count- could just be dots around the player’s icons, perhaps blue for engaged, that turns gold for defeated.

4- bonus points at the end for any kind of activity- whether support or combat

5- in game combat tutorials

• gdsujjvgdsujjv Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #14620 May, 2021, 02:45 pm.

It has gotten really bad with the quest items that say "complete a challenge in your highest level chamber." Today it was someone called Nana TestaRossa. We were in Dark Level 5, 3 of us, two profs and a magi, and good old Nana never fought a thing, nor contributed a thing. Their power rating was the same as mine, too. We could have easily won the challenge if they had contributed even a little bit. So while I went through multiple potions and lots of energy trying to defeat dark wizards with no aurors, we wound up only two monsters shy of a win. Nana contributed nothing, spent nothing, and still got to "complete" the challenge in their highest level. At the very least, the quest should be to win a challenge in your highest level.

#14720 May, 2021, 05:19 pm.

i like it complete vs win. complete means i go solo burn a useless BE rune sit for 10mins and finish the task w/o having to bother w finding randos who most likely are going to end up annoying me.

• DeeArrBeeDeeArrBee Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #14820 May, 2021, 05:46 pm.

Several times, I’ve had the app freeze or crash when I try to engage the first for in a Wizarding Challenge, and by the time I finally get the connection problem solved and the game successfully reloaded, the battle is over a d I didn’t get to help. I WANTED to pull my full share, but all I could do was yell “LET ME BACK IN!!!” as I furiously changed connection settings and freed up memory before making yet another attempt to restart the game. I was t trying to leech, honest.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 368 ✭✭✭
    #14920 May, 2021, 08:04 pm.

@Drakonite could we really do that? During my first Forest Chamber V challenge for the bonus assignment, I found myself abandoned after defeating my first foe. Instead of leaving the chamber, I should have just continued playing even though I don't have the chance of defeating 24 more foes. I could have gotten the credit then instead of trying again the next morning. My instinct is usually to try to defeat as much foes as I can but defeating 25 foes in a challenge was just too much.

I did have a positive experience with my teammates the next morning. We had 20 foes, and the challenge was completed with 5 minutes to spare.

@HPWUTeam During my Fortress challenge alone in a lower chamber afterwards, I experienced a couple of times a new bug. After I defeated a foe and was returned back to the chamber, I found my foe back in the chamber with some stamina left. It happened again with another foe that I defeated. After I defeated my other foes, I was able to defeat those foes with a single spell energy each. Is this a new thing or a software bug?

I do love playing with other people but prefer doing fortress challenges alone just in case I experienced a network problem or a software bug. If we can speak with our teammates while engaged in a fortress chamber challenge, it would really help us out a lot. @HPWUTeam thank you very much for the Knight Bus. I am enjoying the game so much more with it. 💖

#15020 May, 2021, 08:46 pm.

@Djea it depends on if the task says "Win highest chamber" or "complete highest chamber" if it says win you have to win, if it says defeat you can go in there solo and let the timer run out (use a BE rune or a lv one rune).

• NhixNhix Posts: 51 ✭✭
    #15120 May, 2021, 10:40 pm.

@gdsujjv I completely get your frustration. I have got killed multiple times and this magi in the game kept reviving everyone but didn't fight a single beast. I left the game in the end. I cannot not contribute and get the credit.

I've thought of having a name and shame thread but I guess it would be better to have a "name and fame" thread for excellent team players.