Strong Vs Potent Exstimulo Potions

JaynewandersJaynewanders Posts: 10 ✭✭
in Tips & Tricks #1 latest comment 13 October, 2019, 02:55 pm.

Which one do you guys thing is more worth it to brew?

I feel like Potents are more valuable in the game but with the rareness of bitteroot in my area (suprisingly I have plenty of unicorn hairs), the length of time it takes to brew and the fact that tries do not carry over, Im leaning towards strong.

🧙‍♀️

Comments

• FauximaFauxima Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #205 July, 2019, 02:33 pm.

Strong definitely. I feel like it’s my more helpful , especially when working on the new event to catch those shy unicorns.

• LlorathanLlorathan Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #306 July, 2019, 01:23 am.

Strong works great for me. I have found that potent is better in wizarding challenges. I brew 3:1 strong to potent, been good so far.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 242 ✭✭
    #412 October, 2019, 10:30 am.

yup, you definitely feel the difference between potent exstimulo and strong, starting in dark chamber 1.

just tried solo again in dark chamber 1; unsuccesful, as i ran out of time with eighth of eight foes not yet defeated

my downfall, i believe, was the 3360 points elite formidable acromantula that just sucked every punch i threw at it, with multiple wit-sharpening potions plus strong exstimulo potions, but too much time elapsed while this thing took so long to die. if not for the upcoming requirement to use 5 potent exstimulo potions in task 4 of second week of brilliant fighting forces event in late october, i sure would have liked to use potent instead of strong today against that acromantula, rather than saving them until then. (see my complaint in another thread that this is too expensive a required task in october brilliant event week 2 task 4)

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭
    #512 October, 2019, 10:43 am.

Great question. I debated with this somewhat and decided to go with Strong. Potents I only use for dark chambers now, or high level forest chambers. But since the majority of my battles are not forest/dark chambers, I believe I'll get more bang for my buck by stocking up on the Strong. Maybe I'll brew a few Potents on the last day of the event.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 242 ✭✭
    #612 October, 2019, 11:29 am.

btw, i would much rather save my potent exstimulo potions for the emergency and severe traces so i have a better chance of capturing those rare foundable fragment for my registry page, than to use on a high level fortress chamber.

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    #712 October, 2019, 12:43 pm.

For me strongs almost always suffice and casts would be wasted on potents. Additionally I can get 7-8 (including daily task) plus whatever is foundable treasure. That allows me to use them with less hesitation about whether it is the right moment or if there could be something worse coming later.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 20
    #812 October, 2019, 01:13 pm.

Is there an “official” percentage that each exstimulo increases your power by?

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭
    #912 October, 2019, 02:37 pm.

I definitely use strong over potent more often. I have a lot more of them brewed & find that given the brewing time & cost of ingredients difference they are where my focus lies. So i use them, sometimes 2 on a stubborn foe in fortress, which may sound like i should have used a potent, but again the brewing time i think justifies the use of 2 of them agains say...a dangerous/elite acrumantula for an auror is the pits!

I always have about 10 potents & i keep them for emergency traces that are crucial for the registry. Maybe once i get higher in the fortress, as i solo im still only up to the top forest chamber yet. Maybe il find potent needed.

But yeh, as others have said- i think strong are defo the best to focus on having in vault 😊

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    #1012 October, 2019, 05:45 pm.

@MrSciGuy not sure but I'll take a look next time I use one. Having a base power of 100 makes it rather way to figure out the percentages hehehe.

• JulieJubzJulieJubz Posts: 516 ✭✭✭✭
    #1112 October, 2019, 07:17 pm.

I usually brew like 5 exstimulo's a day just so I can immediately use them up. They really are good in helping with certain achievements! Otherwise, all my love goes to strong exstimulo, and as many have said, I only use potent either in high fortress or with certain fragments that I'm super afraid I'll miss out on.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 20
    #1213 October, 2019, 02:55 pm.

So I used a regular exstimulo today on Azkaban escapee (non-brilliant version). My power is currently 71. With regular exstimulo it went up to 107, which works out to be basically a 50% increase in power. I’ll have to try this at some point with a strong and potent too.