May Community Day

Comments

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭
    #12216 May, 2020, 07:04 pm.

@mamagrif I beat the highest level without any problem. I used 1 Potent Exstimulo, 2 (or possibly 3) Strong Exstimulo, and 3 healing potions. Of course I had a good team, which is a matter of luck. I know it's frustrating, but it can be done.

Don't hit the join button until you are happy with the mix of professions you are seeing in the lobby. While you can't guarantee that you will get players who should actually be attempting the fight, as in players who are at a high enough level and are not just looking to be carried to victory, if you really want to complete the challenges, you have to take the chance.

It would be nice if players who are not at a high enough level would be satisfied with the tasks they are able to complete, and wouldn't join the higher chambers hoping for a team that will do all of the work. Unfortunately, that is not likely to happen. Too many players think they are owed something without earning it. You can't do anything about that except hope it doesn't happen to you.

Good luck!

• King99xKing99x Posts: 1
    #12416 May, 2020, 07:34 pm.

i feel that it's been very unfair to go ahead with this community day as the makers are aware that a majority of people are having issues with the knight bus button not working.. there aren't any appropriate places near to me to take part without the button and therefore i am unable to collect any of the extras/additional rewards that would have featured on this day.. :(

• GatorellaGatorella Posts: 39 ✭✭
    #12516 May, 2020, 08:13 pm.

I loved this community day! I’m usually a solo player but the knight bus has allowed me to enter Fortresses with others. I was able to collect so many red books I am so close to completing my lesson plan!!! Thank you WU!!!

#12716 May, 2020, 08:56 pm.

@Kodokmag

“ Just want to say thank you for the groups battle that baby sit me from Dark I through Dark V (scramble team).”

Just curious, did these teams know they were going to be carrying you?

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭
    #12816 May, 2020, 09:02 pm.

@CeruleanGirl i dont think they know. 😬

With Dark V increased damage foes. A few of them got knocked out. Fortunately we finished it safely.

Strangely enough one of my foe fierce erkling seems doesnt have dodge even without hex. While in solo mode the dodge is very annoying even for just dangerous erkling.

• SonofskywlkerSonofskywlker Posts: 1
    #12916 May, 2020, 09:12 pm.

knight bus works fine but on the 2/4 it doesn’t record any of the victories

• SaranethBellSaranethBell Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #13016 May, 2020, 09:45 pm.

I’m at level 36 and still didn’t manage to finish the challenge. Impossible to go past Dark Chamber two even using all my potions. It’s really annoying and I can only imagine how sad and frustrating it must have been for players who are on much lower levels. What’s the point of a community day if most (new) players can’t finish it?!?

• Masika0815Masika0815 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited May 16 #13116 May, 2020, 09:50 pm.

I found the CD to be surprisingly easy. I also suspect that they nerfed the Dark Chambers a lot compared to when i soloed them in October and never entered them again because i didn't need to make room in my potion storage since then. I'm pretty sure i had the same foes solo then, that i now had for a group of three.

Contrary to what i feared it was pretty easy with the pick up groups, I even continued after finishing the quests to complete another registry page (partly in the higher Dark chambers) and have not lost a single rune stone. It goes without saying that i didn't always agree with what the others did, but it didn't really matter.

Half way through the quests i realized that the fact, that the quests skip chambers blocks out the worst newbies from progressing to the highest chambers, because it was very unlikely that they would find a carry for like Forest V and Dark II, since the ppl who could do the carrying had no reason to go there. Maybe that's the reason Dark III-V were pretty smooth.

#13216 May, 2020, 09:56 pm.

@Kodokmag Then you basically forced a lot of people to carry you without their knowledge or permission. They probably had to use a lot more of their own spell energy and potions than they would have had to if they were with players who belonged in a chamber of that difficulty.

I’m not trying to be mean, but you didn’t belong there. It was inconsiderate to the teams who “babysat” you. If you had arranged to go in with people who didn’t mind, that would be different. But what you did was impose yourself on players who had no choice but to use their own resources to make up for a player who should not have joined them.

#13316 May, 2020, 10:01 pm.

@SaranethBell What level are you at in your profession? I believe I was at least level 40 Wizard and level 15 Auror when I defeated Dark Chamber 5 solo and it was a challenge. Your profession level is as important or more so than your Wizard level when it comes to fortress battles.

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 16 #13416 May, 2020, 10:04 pm.

@Masika0815 I agree, dark chambers are much harder to solo. Working with a group in dark chambers for the first time, it was surprising how much easier it was. Half the potions I usually use and we had loads of time left over. Your point about tasks skipping chambers was dead on I think; it just may have filtered the young ones out. Interesting.

edited May 16 #13516 May, 2020, 10:09 pm.

@ZookiTabooki Which player Are you referring to? Kodokmag or Saranethbell?

@ZookiTabooki Since you deleted the part of your post I was questioning, instead of answering me, I assume you realized you were mistaken? No big deal, I was just wondering if maybe I was mistaking him for someone else.

edited May 16 #13616 May, 2020, 10:18 pm.

@CeruleanGirl Sorry, sorry sorry! My bad. Post edited! Where are my glasses?? They're around here somewhere. Oh great, I have to get up... really need these things welded to my head. 😎

Edit: yes, I mistook who you were replying to. Going back into my corner now. 🙄

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    #13716 May, 2020, 10:32 pm.

Probably won't be able to complete this one. I'm burning through too many potions and too much spell energy because people keep hopping out of Dark Chamber V or are being kicked out and leaving only two of us to complete the battle. Always too many foes left over and not enough time for two people to finish. I wish there were a way to find friends way easier in the Knight Bus. My mom and I both play and can never manage to land in one together this way. I did manage to end up in a chamber with @ClairabusGryff once or twice today though😂 oh well!

#13816 May, 2020, 10:39 pm.

@ZookiTabooki No problem! Like I said, I thought maybe I had the wrong person, so I wanted to double-check. 😁

edited May 16 #13916 May, 2020, 10:40 pm.

@CBG92 I waited for the right team to show.

1. Professor, 2x Magi, 2x Auror
    2. Professor, Magi, 3x Auror
    3. 2x Professor, Magi, 2x Auror

Still time left, good luck!

#14016 May, 2020, 10:46 pm.

@CBG92 That’s cool! I haven’t seen anyone I recognize yet but it would be fun if it happened.

I didn’t have anyone quitting out on me today, probably because they wanted to get the task done, but it’s happened before and it sucks. The first time it happened, I went ahead and tried to beat it alone and just ended up using a bunch of potions and spell energy, until I got to the point where I had like 20 or so spell energy left, only one or two potions, and 2 Very high level Elites left to beat with about 2 minutes left. I hated to do it because it was such a waste of all the resources I’d already used, but I had to leave or I would have just lost what little I had left. Now when I get abandoned, I just sacrifice my Runestone and leave. It’s not worth it.

• UnitiousUnitious Posts: 31 ✭✭
    #14116 May, 2020, 10:52 pm.

@CBG92 i had the same issue with people hopping out and living 2 or 3 of us finish and I was left with no energy and no potions...

This CD was a complete disaster for me 😞

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭
    #14316 May, 2020, 11:17 pm.

@CeruleanGirl i didnt think my teamplay was bad. I'm magiz level 15 already just cant do solo even at dark II.

Used invigor potion right away so i could cast my team charm to support prof enhancement bonus. Just, i dont like repeatedly jump out to battle lobby mid battle to check teammate health. Loading time+animation time is eat too much time for me (my phone).

#14416 May, 2020, 11:28 pm.

@NotATest Though I don't agree with everything you offered (perspective is always different depending where you are standing), I really appreciate your contribution. You do make some fair points. The question I am left with is how to make challenging tasks for everyone without leaving someone feeling left out, like newer players?

Challenging foes for experienced players was something we advocated for here in the forums. When they released the 3-Headed Dog I was finally thrilled to battle something on the map that was more challenging than the usual fare. I often wonder how much tougher this foe is for newer players. Something tells me this won't get better as we move forward as the gap between experienced players and younger wizards will only grow wider with time.

edited May 16 #14516 May, 2020, 11:33 pm.

@NotATest I disagree with your supposition that everyone should be able to complete all of the community tasks. Having the tasks become increasingly more difficult allows newer less experienced players to participate, while still allowing veteran players to feel as if they are being challenged. This provides something for everyone.

Imagine how boring this would be for the players who have been actively playing since the beginning and have worked hard to level up as both a Wizard and in their chosen profession if the tasks were all too easy and required no real effort to complete.

Nerfing the event to make it easier for newer players would make it boring and not a lot of fun for the older ones. So how is that fair?

These tasks, as they are, reward both types of player, each to the extent of his or her own abilities and how much time and resources they have devoted to the game.

That being said, I do compliment you on your thoughtful and well-written post. While I don’t agree with you, I found your thoughts and suggestions quite interesting to read.

In that spirit, my suggestion for trying to make it fair for everyone (and I admit I am not a programmer so I am not even sure if it’s something that is possible,) would be for different levels to have different tasks. Something like Wizard levels 1-10 have a set of tasks that are fun and challenging for them, 11-20 all have their own set, etc.

In the case of the current event, for example, lower level players would not have to try to complete chambers beyond their abilities causing them to be frustrated and disappointed. Also, higher level players would not have to worry about players that are not up to the task in their battles, causing them to have to use more of their resources than they should and possibly failing the task when they shouldn’t.

#14617 May, 2020, 12:20 am.

@Unitious @ZookiTabooki I finally found a good team balance and was able to complete it! I did right before then too but it kicked me out with two foes left to defeat so I had to do it again, but at least I was able to finish finally😂 what a day!! Good luck if you haven't finished yet

• kropachitakropachita Posts: 1
    #14817 May, 2020, 01:42 am.

Hey! I am having a lot of problems with task and knight bus. Actually I had to desinstall the game to play in the community day 😕

#15017 May, 2020, 02:34 am.

@Craeft I can appreciate that. This CD pulled a LOT of people, myself included, out of their comfort zones and while frustrating by not participating in the event they don't learn anything that way nor are they progressing, which is the point of the game. I was one level below what the recommended grade for Dark V was and while I did my best to stay in my lane, often it is impossible with the Knight Bus when you can't communicate with your team. As long as they are actively fighting or contributing in some way, even if they aren't as high level as you. Can't tell you how many resources I poured into it today but it was well worth it. I will never complain about tower and forest chambers again after this😂

• SUNDERLIONSUNDERLION Posts: 3
    #15117 May, 2020, 02:46 am.

I was expecting a real spell book party, but no ... Very little did I get 🤔