May Community Day

Comments

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #6214 May, 2020, 06:57 am.

ps: thanks @Punkyfins for speaking up

• MagobyteMagobyte Posts: 34 ✭✭
    #6414 May, 2020, 10:03 am.

@KJGloomz

I understand that for new players or players who have only been playing for a short time, the appearance of the bus is like an award-winning lottery ticket, but the players we have had almost from the beginning have had a very long learning and improvement curve, when facing a chambers 3 levels higher than the magician level on a solo we had to take many potions of life and stimulo.

For us, playing in a group was not always an option, so the prizes were lower and there were always enemies with whom we had no advantage.

In addition, before it was very difficult to get red books, they were only obtained through challenges and now it seems that as on the CD you have a total of 7 books as a reward it seems that they are distributed in the bakery. But no.

Keep training, develop your skill tree as much as posible and do not intend to achieve in a few weeks what is achieved in months.

P.D.1: Lvl 37 MZ, Profession Lvl 14, Challenges Rank 114 . Not top player, but very regular since July 2019. Friend code by the way: 5764 9093 8326

P.D.2: Google translator 4ever!

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 714 ✭✭✭✭
    #6514 May, 2020, 10:16 am.

Manage to master magizoo to level 15 today.

But hit the wall at Dark II everything is fierce werewolf or elit dangerous. How can be solo in Dark V.

Might just be done with task 3 for CD.

...just whining here in dark corner of....

• KJGloomzKJGloomz Posts: 62 ✭✭
    edited May 14 #6614 May, 2020, 10:31 am.

@MAGOBYTE Thank you...😊 I have just received Magizoology runestone from you which i needed.

• SpellucciSpellucci Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 14 #6714 May, 2020, 04:42 pm.

@hpwulola , have you considered postponing the Community Day until the delay getting into a Fortress chamber is fixed? Given that it now takes us 30-45 seconds each time we attempt to enter a chamber, it seems worthwhile delaying the Community Day until we can all have a more enjoyable experience.

• PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 202 ✭✭✭
    edited May 14 #6914 May, 2020, 05:35 pm.

Precisely. As @Bormacska says. 👏👏👏

Also, as I said before, strategise to win faster! I promise you'll do much better I'd you support your team actively, than if you try it on your own. Read up on the good threads about strategy and you'll be surprised how far you'll get.

Experienced players will see you cast, they will appreciate your passing focus or shielding an Auror.

Good luck everyone!

• LionessMollyLionessMolly Posts: 83 ✭✭✭
    edited May 14 #7014 May, 2020, 06:15 pm.

@kiheikid- Thank you. I joined these forums last summer and while I don't post much, I lurk and read the threads. Most of my posts have been within the last week or so, to be honest. I can't help but think about what you said about us being from a different era. I wonder what the age ranges are for people who play? I grew up when the internet and forums like this one were new, when AOL dial up was the way to go and nobody could use the phone when someone was online or the internet would crash. Maybe that's the source of it. I really did grow up in a different era. Amazing how being born in the 80's or 90's can make people so different from others born in the early 2000's.

As for community day.... I only have Dark III unlocked so I'm not reeeeeally looking forward to unlocking IV and V but it needs to be done if I want those red books to finish my Auror and move on to my Magi. I've done all I can with the Magi without red books, so I really do need those last 6 red books for Auror in order to move on. I wish I had started Magi first instead of Auror, the Magi has better abilities.

#7314 May, 2020, 06:36 pm.

LOL that's a fair point, both @OriginalCaruso and @MrSciGuy . I'm honestly not sure why it bothered me so much last night. I'm not usually so prickly. Perhaps it's anxiety about needing to unlock those Dark rooms and the issues that I've been having with my challenge delays. I honestly don't know.

• OriginalCarusoOriginalCaruso Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #7514 May, 2020, 07:03 pm.

Good spot @MrSciGuy

Nice to see something positive for a change

#7614 May, 2020, 07:13 pm.

@MrSciGuy - Nice spot. I can't find it either!

• HidrazonaHidrazona Posts: 58 ✭✭✭
    #7715 May, 2020, 12:06 am.

Possibly locked from the forums?

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #7815 May, 2020, 03:17 am.

still here for now, perhaps reading some Solzhenitsyn

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #8315 May, 2020, 04:30 pm.

@WerewolfChaser A group of us have just been having a warm up session and come across the Aus and NZ players enjoying Community Day. We are an experienced group but got burned by a magi, who left me with 3 aurors and over half a board of beasts. We made it through, but all burned through our potions stocks. And that is before CD!

Lovely to encourage fortressing (and nice to see the lag time has been fixed!) but yeah... Going to be tough with people out for glory.

• RiddikkuluslyRiddikkulusly Posts: 1
    edited May 15 #8415 May, 2020, 04:47 pm.
  • FireNightingaleFireNightingale Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    edited May 15 #8515 May, 2020, 04:58 pm.

As someone max level Professor but with little experience of grouping at high level - how is the difficulty of a dark chamber supposed to be in a group compared to solo?

I have unlocked Dark 3 solo & didn't bother trying for the last couple as I felt I'd need too many potions and still be at the mercy of the rng in terms of which mobs I got, so they wouldn't be worth it.

When the Knightbus arrived I tried Dark 3 in a full, mixed group but we were way behind on mobs and failed it. I was popping potions but it felt like others weren't (and now I realise they might not all have been on level.)

Was I just unlucky or is a group supposed to be as hard as solo? (In which case I'll try and do the higher level quests solo if I can get into an empty chamber tomorrow.)

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 946 admin
    #8715 May, 2020, 05:36 pm.

@WerewolfChaser Thanks for the feedback (from the future!)

It is a bit late to make these adjustments but I know the team will look at the feedback at the end of CD and take it into consideration for the future. It's the first time we have had a task list involving the Knight Bus so it is a new adventure for us all!

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 714 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 15 #8815 May, 2020, 06:02 pm.

I think we have posted concerning this (future) mess before CD. 😁

Just finished savely for task 3, with professor without charm and hexes.

Anyway why everyone use rune 5 just to finish the task, increasing difficulty to finish task is weird.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 946 admin
    #8915 May, 2020, 06:42 pm.

Following up on that 'new adventure', we are tracking a bug with Community Day.

It seems that the rewards tied to Wizarding Challenges match the player who created the lobby.

If May Community Day is active in your region and you create the lobby (the first person to join), all players on the Team will earn Community Day bonus rewards regardless if May Community Day is active for all players. Bonus rewards are Spell Energy, increased Family XP, and Challenge XP. 

If you happen to join a Chamber and May Community Day is not active for the first player to create the lobby, the Team will receive non-Community Day rewards.  

We are monitoring reports of this still! I will keep you updated.

• McGonagallfan21McGonagallfan21 Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #9015 May, 2020, 09:50 pm.

Has anyone seen or do you know how much the bonus challenge xp increase is for CD? Sorry if it was said and I missed it!

#9115 May, 2020, 10:15 pm.

@hpwulola I'm East Coast USA and have been doing challenges all day just because I was bored (I have so many stones that this really will not give me a problem tomorrow when CD starts) and I haven't gotten any extra rewards. Unlucky me, lol! I'm down to 84/235 spell energy so a beneficial bug like that would be welcome 🙃. In any case I'm looking forward to these challenges tomorrow, part 4/4 has me sweating a tad but I have 20 Strong Invigoration potions, 60 health potions, 16 Strong Extimulo and 15 Potent with 4 in the lineup to brew. CD starts for me in just under 6 hours, so here's hoping.