May Community Day

Comments

• LionessMollyLionessMolly Posts: 83 ✭✭✭
    edited May 12 #3212 May, 2020, 10:29 pm.

@Masika0815 Unfortunately the tasks are "Use the Knight bus and do chamber (whatever)". People like us with the delay are screwed.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3312 May, 2020, 11:05 pm.

@LionessMolly see Lola's comment earlier in this thread. The tasks can either be completed by using the Knight Bus or at a local fortress.

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    #3413 May, 2020, 12:27 am.

Can you support this one day event? During 24 hour events, getting ejected from fortress battles is more common. And there are more "phantom" foes, where they show up, cannot be fought, and waste time for the battle. Don't promise what you can't deliver

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 13 #3513 May, 2020, 04:34 am.

so its possible to beat Dark V solo?

i get the impression that to beat Dark V have to be in a group.

and yeah, many player tend to treat fortress to be some kind of battle royal.

once i have group battle that they take their first battle to be a forbidden foe (deficiency) and elit dangerous too.

what a brave player

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    #3613 May, 2020, 12:11 pm.

@Kodokmag

Yes it's possible to solo dark 5. Lot's of luck and potions needed but possible.

• MagobyteMagobyte Posts: 34 ✭✭
    #3813 May, 2020, 01:02 pm.

Completely agree with masika0815.

Novices who do not reach the profession level of each chamber should not be able to access superior chambers by bus for others to do their job.

I am tired of entering forests or dark chambers where there is always someone incapable of killing anything by themselves and whose improvements are a joke.

I have completed all the chambers together with a companion of my same level even without having the indicated profession level, but the cost in potions has been enormous. I'm not going to face that cost again because I was randomly paired with a player who shouldn't be facing challenges he's not ready for.

• MagobyteMagobyte Posts: 34 ✭✭
    #3913 May, 2020, 01:08 pm.

@ KJGloomz

Stay in your 7 level chamber, you cannot face challenges with guarantees with players who have been playing and improving for more than a year.

Like WWE says, Don´t try this at home.

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    #4013 May, 2020, 01:09 pm.

Hard locking floors until one is a certain level can help preventing from low levels to hitch a ride.

• dgzipitdgzipit Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #4113 May, 2020, 01:47 pm.

Hopefully we'll know about what Niantic will do about the lost fragments problem relating to mistakenly performing the data update on fragments before the game coding can handle it with the version on which the update was intended.

Otherwise, I will continue not playing the game including the community day. Would you please consider delaying community day until it's been fixed?

• wanderlustaurorwanderlustauror Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #4213 May, 2020, 01:58 pm.

@Caeleon @hpwulola

why not show challenge level so other player can decide wheter to continue or leave if low level joining the floor

#4313 May, 2020, 01:58 pm.

@hpwulola Where exactly does it say they can be done at both? I've read and re-read the screenshots posted and they all say "Take the Knight Bus", if they could be done at both wouldn't it just say "Complete Chamber (whatever)"? Tasks in the past have always been exact- if you don't follow the letter of it, you don't complete the task. If they can in fact be completed at a regular fortress and by taking the Knight Bus then they should tweak the wording to make it reflect that, otherwise I don't trust that it can be done. I've been burned by ambiguous wording before so honestly? I'll believe it when I see it.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4513 May, 2020, 06:54 pm.

@LionessMolly

Where exactly does it say they can be done at both?

In this thread. Lola said it. She works for Niantic/Portkey, and has access to the game developers. Her posts are considered official game announcements.

• PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 202 ✭✭✭
    #4713 May, 2020, 07:23 pm.

Thank you for the thread @hpwulola ! 😊

edited May 13 #4813 May, 2020, 08:23 pm.

@MtPollux - Mmkay, 1- I wasn't talking to you. 2- Even if someone with access to knowledge says "It's actually this way" my point remains. The widely-circulated screenshots do NOT say it can be done both ways. That was the root of my question to LOLA.

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #5013 May, 2020, 08:45 pm.

@wanderlustauror I like your idea. Listing a players profession grade would give wizards the option to join a battle or not, and give others the option of leaving if they aren't satisfied with the roster. I prefer this to locking chambers as at times, I don't mind carrying weaker players, provided they're not too weak. Some of my best battles so far have been supporting a team member struggling with stronger foes and watching him/her squeak past with the help of fellow teammates.

#5113 May, 2020, 08:54 pm.

potionssssss.

not enough time to brew dozens of potent extimulo.

i wish there is addtion about extimulo potion like event before (extra spell cast)

• PunkyfinsPunkyfins Posts: 202 ✭✭✭
    #5213 May, 2020, 09:35 pm.

@ZookiTabooki there is a lot of support for that idea. :) whether it is showing a profession level, a cumulative level or just 1,2 or 3 stars :). I support it!

edited May 14 #5414 May, 2020, 12:40 am.

@MrSciGuy I've been part of the forums for quite a while, I just don't post much. My comment had been directed to Lola, I tagged her and no one else. I was asking her a very specific question about the screenshots. If you , MtPollux and I were sitting in a group and you turned to MtPollux and asked him a question by name, expecting him to answer it- wouldn't you think it rude if I just jumped in and answered for him instead of letting him speak for himself?

#5614 May, 2020, 01:38 am.

Actually I do have another question. I haven't seen any mention of portkeys for this event. Usually there's an associated portkey, will there be one this time? I'm just wondering how hard I should try to clear out my portkeys, if there will be I'll try harder to get a few spaces cleared out, otherwise I can take it slower and just clear a few for Tuesday when Part 2 of the Brilliant Quidditch Cup starts.

#5714 May, 2020, 03:34 am.

it is fortress battle isnt it. fortress battle should be stationary.

i dont do knight bus fortress while squating or jumping around. 🤔

i think there will be no portkey

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #5814 May, 2020, 03:44 am.

@LionessMolly I hope it is okay for me to reply to your question, and it isn't considered interrupting. But as far as I am aware, it has been pretty split on Community Days and portkeys. The ones that were more fortress based didn't have them (especially given they were only 3 hours back then) but the trace hunting ones often did.

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #5914 May, 2020, 04:24 am.

@LionessMolly Welcome to how Public forums work. Glad you're here.

• XenomerXenomer Posts: 47 ✭✭
    edited May 14 #6114 May, 2020, 06:27 am.

"Guaranteed Runestone Reward fragments when using any Runestone in Forest Chamber III"

Are you going to fix the overflow fragments bug until the community day?

A few hours ago I lost 20+ Department of International Magical Cooperation Emblem after winning a battle, getting this item's fragments as reward, and the counter went down from 3x/7 to 7/7. The bug combined with the guaranteed "reward" will cause me losing 100-200 more fragments.

Thanks.

Edit: I can see other people complaining about other errors:

• too long time waiting _for_ the lobby
    • Knight Bus button not working

Combined all this, I'd recommend to postpone this event and fix all the glitches first.