Regarding the 2.13 Update

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 761 admin
edited May 11 in Announcements #1 latest comment 04 June, 2020, 10:04 pm.

Hi everyone, thank you for your patience with the 2.13 Update. We know that there are a lot of questions and we wanted to provide a brief overview of the update, issues we saw, and timeline for next steps.

Update 2.13 included two big features: Repeat Sticker Collection and an update to Fragment Counts. We intended for this update to redistribute players’ current Registry collections and allow them to place Images or Prestige wherever possible, as well as carry over Fragments to the updated page after Prestige. 

While releasing the update and standardizing Fragment counts, players reported that Fragments didn’t carry over after the page was Prestiged. Instead, Fragment counts reset to zero. This wasn’t the intended behavior with this change, but we believed updating to 2.13 would reconcile the issue. Messaging was sent out to prevent more players from placing Stickers or Prestiging Registry Pages before downloading Update 2.13. However, we acknowledge that there are a number of players who were impacted by this issue before we sent out this advice. 

Update 2.13 became available in the app stores around 1 PM PDT, and it resolved the issue players saw earlier after Prestiging a Registry Page. Unfortunately, we received reports of a different issue with Update 2.13 where a Foundable’s Fragment count restarted at 0 following the placement of its Image in the Registry. This behavior was different than what we intended so we released a fix that took effect at 10 PM PDT, which would prevent the issue from affecting Images that are placed in the future. We recognize that there are players who could have placed Images and experienced this issue before the fix went live. 

We will continue to evaluate the issues with the 2.13 release in more depth. In the coming week, we’ll be defining our next steps including a resolution to players who were impacted by these issues.

Thank you all for your patience as we worked through this release. Your feedback was very helpful and allowed us to troubleshoot these live issues. Currently, these are the other Known Issues we are tackling:

• Repeat Image appearing on Brilliant Foundables gained from task completion on Event Registry pages. This should only appear on Brilliant Foundables found from Traces, Portkeys, and Fortresses.
  • Repeat Image feature appearing on Mysteries pages
  • Knight Bus button is missing or unresponsive
  • Delay when entering a Chamber Lobby in Wizarding Challenges
Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    edited May 9 #209 May, 2020, 01:39 am.

Event registry image (brilliant event?) is not supposed to be repeat placed?

Or is just the tasks image (the one with just single image (1/1)?

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 142 ✭✭
    #309 May, 2020, 01:58 am.

Well if BE images aren't supposed to be repeatedly placed I guess I've gotten nowhere either🤦🏼‍♀️ This whole thing is way more confusing than it should be

• VoiceMasterVoiceMaster Posts: 31 ✭✭
    #509 May, 2020, 03:30 am.

Also, I don't know what to do in this situation. As you can see, all of these badges have the maximum fragments. And it's a bronze registry. But there is not way for me to level up the entire page. Why not? All of these badges are shimmering, but why would I prestige them one by one?

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 142 ✭✭
    #609 May, 2020, 03:40 am.

same @VoiceMaster I had no idea anything was wrong after the update and assumed if it was shimmering I should tap it, yet there was nowhere to prestiege the page as usual. I've had to recatch all the BE foundables even though they say placed so I'm paranoid now that placing my stuff is just setting me back further. Now I have to recatch everything!! Not gonna be done in time for the end of the event

• RexHav0cRexHav0c Posts: 71 ✭✭✭
    #709 May, 2020, 04:31 am.

@VoiceMaster The second update that happened at night was a server side fix. There was no new client.

• HidrazonaHidrazona Posts: 58 ✭✭✭
    #909 May, 2020, 07:02 am.

I personally am not playing until they fix it for me.

• BebeckaBebecka Posts: 1
    #1509 May, 2020, 11:46 am.

I have at least 10 pages that restared at zero tuff luck im a level 43 and have work very hard to get their play every day every chance ib get was starting to get boerd whit it ... but im ever so excited to start the day whit new perspective and discover the ever changing worl of wizard unit so thankful for the game made me and my loved one closer love it ✌️

• MasterOfShadpwsMasterOfShadpws Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #1809 May, 2020, 01:47 pm.

I too was impacted by the prestige issues and look forward to your resolution.

Also, the delay entering has gotten much worse on Pixel3 and Poxel3a hone, went from annoying 3-5 seconds to a now quite frustrating 15 or so seconds. The is most annoying with the Knight Bus. Hard to join others in chambers as the battle starts often while trying to join. Look for forward to a resolution to this as well in the near future

Nice work on the changes , love that there is much to do on gold pages

• DextraoneDextraone Posts: 21 ✭✭
    #2109 May, 2020, 04:28 pm.

Just got, as in 3min ago, a notification regarding Knight Bus availability. I've not been able to access it since the 2.13 update. Well, I closed and restarted the game and gave it a tap! Got nothing more than a click, so I did the "headslap" and searched for an update at the play store...nope, so I checked for assets...nope. Anybody else?

• RandomNameRandomName Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #2209 May, 2020, 04:57 pm.

@Dextraone Definitely a ton of posts online saying unistall the game and then reinstall fixed the Knight bus for them - give that a try if you haven't already. I don't have Knight Bus issues so can't say for sure but that's the word from others.

• FornzwortheFornzworthe Posts: 1
    #2309 May, 2020, 04:58 pm.

The update caused the map and traces to stop responding to touch on an iPhone 8. Reloaded the game several times, but nothing has changed. On iPhone 11 the Night Bus stopped working., then the rest of the game froze up. Restarting the game allowed me to keep playing, but the Night Bus still doesn’t respond to touch. iPhone 8 at level 46, 32 for iPhones 11

• TriniteyTrinitey Posts: 4
    #2409 May, 2020, 06:06 pm.

If we prestiged early, can we continue playing normally?? I've played every day since launch and afraid all that hard work is gone or will be gone if I for example place a fragment

• StephA75StephA75 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #2509 May, 2020, 06:19 pm.

The AR feature will not turn off in the fortress. I've tried everything. Since the update everything must be searched and aligned. Its very tedious when **** D5 with my team.

#2709 May, 2020, 08:41 pm.

@RexHav0c "The second update that happened at night was a server side fix. There was no new client."

What does this even mean? @hpwulola said they did second update after they figured out foundable counts were going to zero. That update didn't work, since it's still happening to many of us. I don't care what the fix was. I care that it didn't work.

#2809 May, 2020, 08:46 pm.

Perfectly said, @BusStopToyShop

• SocialshewrySocialshewry Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 9 #2909 May, 2020, 08:58 pm.

Not loving this update. Doesn't feel like you ever finish a page now as it keeps repeating to zero. Couldn't you just update to Platinum? Also I can't figure out which foundables are complete or not as when engaging the fragment counter doesn't show a distinction between 'starred' ones or not. Image shows one I've already completed. I also don't know why feature is attached to BE? Revert back to previous version...pretty please