We're aware of an issue where some players are unable to access the app. If you're experiencing this issue, please write into support. Web Contact Form
Game freezes after trying to access registry — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

Game freezes after trying to access registry

SlapshotclubSlapshotclub Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited July 24 in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 11 September, 2020, 10:00 am.

My registry freezes upon going into it telling me connection was lost... I have done update and downloaded all assets

Post edited by HPWUrobert on
67 votes

Ongoing · Last Updated

Comments

• vitalvital Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #208 May, 2020, 06:57 am.

The same issue. Even more - it is not possible to place any image so I need to restart a game after every catch

• Palindrome5Palindrome5 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #308 May, 2020, 08:44 am.

I’m having the same issue. Even deleted the game and redownloaded.

• SlapshotclubSlapshotclub Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #408 May, 2020, 12:11 pm.

Yup same with me anytime my registry opens it just locks up... deleted re downloaded **** phone off and tried again nothing has worked

• TheAuroarTheAuroar Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #508 May, 2020, 03:34 pm.

No registry access = can't place foundables, get scrolls/books.. basically we can't progress in the game.

• TheAuroarTheAuroar Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited May 8 #608 May, 2020, 03:41 pm.

Since update 2.13:

When you access the registry, the game doesn't allow you touch the screen (including X button, etc.).

• vitalvital Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #708 May, 2020, 03:48 pm.

The same. It's not possible to play! Fix this please!

• LaSallePOLICELaSallePOLICE Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #808 May, 2020, 08:02 pm.

I'm having the exact same problem with my main account (level 40). Interestingly I tried 2 different accounts on the same phone and the game worked with no issues. I really hope this will be resolved soon.

• PhoenixMommyPhoenixMommy Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #908 May, 2020, 10:35 pm.

I’m also having the same exact problem. :( I can do everything EXCEPT use the registry! This has a major impact on gameplay: please help, niantic!

• KaddilikeKaddilike Posts: 1
    #1009 May, 2020, 06:57 am.

I have the same problem. Please, fix it.

• SlapshotclubSlapshotclub Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1109 May, 2020, 08:15 pm.

So mine is working again..... I checked it and it wasn’t so I decided to do a port key and when I needed to place an image from port key opening it let me in I don’t know if it was coincidental or not but I’m back in none the less

#1209 May, 2020, 09:02 pm.

I did the port key thing and was able to place images, but after getting out of the registry and trying to get back in, my game is still freezing with the connection lost error.

• FriendlyTSlimeFriendlyTSlime Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #1310 May, 2020, 08:44 am.

My family member and I have two accounts on pixel 3 and pixel 3xl phones. After the update, the pixel 3xl phone worked great but the pixel 3 phone got the bug Registry - Connection lost. Check your wifi or mobile data that crashed the game and needed forced restart.

I have forced stop, uninstalled, reinstall, downloaded all assets twice. But no success. Yesterday, I somehow managed to toggle all options settings that fixed the game. but the error returned today and couldn't fix it.

Interesting discovery, I signed into the pixel 3xl phone with the bugged account and it reproduced the bug. Then I signed out and signed in with original account. The original account on the same phone did not have registry bug.

phones: pixel 3 and 3xl

WU ver 2.13

android 10

both using same wifi

• FriendlyTSlimeFriendlyTSlime Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #1410 May, 2020, 08:54 am.

didn't see this before my post:

LASALLEPOLICE

I'm having the exact same problem with my main account (level 40). Interestingly I tried 2 different accounts on the same phone and the game worked with no issues. I really hope this will be resolved soon.

#1510 May, 2020, 08:01 pm.

Having the same issue. Really hoping this gets fixed.

#1610 May, 2020, 08:19 pm.

I am having the same issue. Cannot open registry at all or it crashes. Cannot place images. Have to restart whenever the game forces me to the registry page. I tried deleting the app, reinstalling, redownloading all assets - still happening! Please fix!

#1710 May, 2020, 08:21 pm.

I have video of the problem if someone from niantic needs to see the problem reproduced. I work in software development (not mobile apps though) and could probably help with any questions you might have about reproducibility of the issue, etc

• SignidSignid Posts: 2
    #1811 May, 2020, 04:41 am.

Please fix this!

#1912 May, 2020, 04:09 am.

This issue persists and is very frustrating.

• DrK8iDrK8i Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #2012 May, 2020, 06:14 am.

i have the same issue. I’m especially frustrated because I will be wasting all of the bonus rewards for the brilliant event (quidditch books) because I can’t prestige the page because I can’t get in to my registry. I have tried uninstalling twice, and multiple methods to enter registry and nothing has worked!!

• MommaRiddleMommaRiddle Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #2112 May, 2020, 12:33 pm.

This is so frustrating!!!! When I try to go into my registry by clicking the button in the suitcase, the "Connection Lost" dialog appears, then the app freezes and must be killed and restarted. But also when I return a foundable that has already got max fragments, the game now gives a "Place Image" button, and there is no option except to click the "Place Image" button, so then it goes to registry and "Connection Lost", freezes up, and app must be killed and restarted. After three days of this, almost every foundable I encounter has reached max, and I am having to **** and restart app DOZENS of time per day. It's getting pretty old. (It's a good thing I had already finished the brilliant event before this started.) PLEASE fix this one!

btw, I have tried restarting app (obviously), restarting phone, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, re-downloading assets (after the reinstall).

Thank you.

• TeddiGramzTeddiGramz Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #2212 May, 2020, 06:02 pm.

Having the exact same issue.

• HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 666 admin
    #2312 May, 2020, 07:18 pm.

We're looking into this issue and working on a fix for an upcoming release.

#2413 May, 2020, 02:44 am.

Yay thank you!! We appreciate your attention to this issue :)

#2513 May, 2020, 12:18 pm.

Thank you for looking into this. The game is nearly unplayable with all the freezing up.

• Erowyn1615Erowyn1615 Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited May 14 #2614 May, 2020, 02:48 am.

I got 0 runes from the last event due to this issue. It’s making the game not worth playing. Was delighted when I got on tonight and saw assets to download only to find it did nothing for the issue. This has been known for 2 weeks now, as I saw this reported on another thread too, why is this still a problem?

#2717 May, 2020, 03:12 pm.

Any updates? This bug is making it extremely hard to play.

#2817 May, 2020, 05:13 pm.

I saw two days ago 2.13.1 is going to address this. I've been wearing out my phone since then checking if the update is there yet. 😁 Extremely hard to play right now!!

• LunaMeg34LunaMeg34 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #2918 May, 2020, 02:02 am.

Cannot play at all. Started with the knight bus not working. Uninstalled to try and fix that issue and now basically get the clock spinning constantly. Have killed the app, restarted phone, and deleted and reinstalled app twice now. I basically can’t get past the login screen.

• LBHuffLBHuff Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #3018 May, 2020, 02:24 pm.

I have the same registry page issue. FYI. 😁Thanks for the community! Hoping the update comes out before the next phase of the Quidditch event!

edited May 18 #3118 May, 2020, 10:17 pm.

I just downloaded new version and it didn't fox the issue. Should I create new thread? @HPWUrobert ?

I'm nearly in tears. I've been so looking for this update