Remove the green star

SILXWSILXW Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited May 7 in Community Forum Feedback #1 latest comment 13 May, 2020, 11:21 am.

Why can we ‘place’ an image, after the page is highest prestige level?

I don’t like the new ‘placed’ thing.

When a page is gold and completed, it should NOT be possible to ‘place’ more fragments/images.

I completed the Brilliant event and after I placed the Nimbus 2000, I had to start over, it’s annoying, because it goes back to 0/15.

I like when it’s completed and it says 15/15.

It should remove the green star, after a page is gold or fully completed!

If I do the ‘place’ thing, on some of the old Brilliant event fragments, it would go back to zero and I can’t collect the old Brilliant event fragments. That is frustrating!

It makes more sense to remove it and for people with OCD, it’s annoying to see this 0/15.

The green star should disappear under the image, after fully complete page.

It’s just more annoying stuff on the screen and makes it less clean, with both green star and numbers.

I wish the green star and number would disappear, like under the baby niffler, I edited.

Like a completed page in a sticker book, I makes a more clean look.

Comments

• Peachey2Peachey2 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #208 May, 2020, 04:57 am.

Yes. Was looking through the changes since new update and was looking at the page of the first event. Touched the salamander as I thought it would just clear and reset the picture.

now says 0/1. Can’t get him anymore. Realize it says “placed”, but want my 1/1 back on the page. Know it may seem OCD, but have played since the beginning, fought to not miss anything from the events, and now says 0/1.

frustrating.

love the game though and that is why I am sharing.

can the salamander be pur back to 1/1?

anything I can do?

thanks!

• Magpie31Magpie31 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #308 May, 2020, 06:41 am.

Once you get the hang of it, the green star is really useful. Now that we have the multiple item prestiging, the green star tells you the sticker is already placed. It is really useful.

• GaryMucGaryMuc Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #408 May, 2020, 07:21 am.

I think my favorite change would be the complete removal of numbers and green star as proposed by SILXW

• VanSpellingVanSpelling Posts: 8
    #508 May, 2020, 09:37 am.

Well in setting you can turn off framgment count. So then you won't see the 0/1 and just the image and a green star so that is something for you maybe?

#608 May, 2020, 09:49 am.

Actully it removes the green star as well so isn't this what you wanted?

Now you only need to klick on them sometimes when they glow to get bonus points and se placed stickers as completed. :)

• HOOTowl09HOOTowl09 Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #708 May, 2020, 12:22 pm.

I have thought about removing the fragment count, but like it for those that haven't been placed yet. I do like the mechanic of being able to recollect the items and repeat place for a bonus, I just don't want to see that count on the main page. Much like @Peachey2 said, I don't want to see those 0/X on the events that I can't re-collect.

My suggestion would be to have the fragment count until it is placed. Then replace the fragment count with the green star. When you click on the foundable you can still see the progress to the next repeat placement, and I'd still expect to see the count to next repeat placement in an encounter on the map. I just don't want to see it on the face of the registry. Perhaps this as a 3rd option along with the Fragment Count on or off option we currently have, as a bit of a hybrid option? I know there are many who would not agree with having to click on the foundable to see how many more is needed, but there are plenty who are going to hate seeing those 0/1 on those that we received as task rewards for events.

What do you think@hpwulola?

#808 May, 2020, 01:24 pm.

Yeah to have an option to remove frag count on green star foundebals would be a neat option and also an option get a notification of when you get a full green star would also be appreciated in the future.

• PiggeletPiggelet Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #909 May, 2020, 04:45 am.

I just want the pictures to go back to being "empty" once you prestige them and they go back to zero. I really enjoy placing my images and coloring in the picture!

• WerewolfChaserWerewolfChaser Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    #1009 May, 2020, 06:37 am.

I'm really struggling with this change. My eyesight isn't as good as it used to be but now I find I'm screenshotting pages to allow me to enlarge it so I can read the small text.

• OnyxFox42OnyxFox42 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1109 May, 2020, 11:42 pm.

what I’m wondering is why this is even an option for past events that, like you mentioned, are no longer attainable. I wish those didn’t have the green star and option at all since I don’t believe those pages can even be prestiged. Also, I’m afraid to even try considering it may mess up my perfect event history.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1210 May, 2020, 03:09 pm.

Speaking as someone who went through tapping on BE family first, I lost no family rank (actually maxed out a few) and gained a bunch of BE runestones. The only thing that shifted was that in tapping on some stickers I lost the image in the description box (not on the page), but it says it is placed, when and where I caught it and all other relevant information. Your choice!

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1310 May, 2020, 03:19 pm.

My understanding is the change wasn’t supposed to effect the BE pages. People weren’t supposed to be able to re-place images on the BE pages. So it’s your choice, place and gain rewards, or leave them alone so they stay at max fragments.

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1410 May, 2020, 03:50 pm.

@Dogoutlaw, from Lola's post it is the event task that shouldn't prestige. I guess I took that to mean things like the trophy case. 🏆🤷‍♀️

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1510 May, 2020, 04:05 pm.

@Bormacska could be, and that would make sense! I placed Angelina and the broom for the current BE because I know I can re-place them. Not touching the rest tho.

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 13 #1613 May, 2020, 11:21 am.

Perhaps a toggle for each frame so we can decide which frames we want to remove fragment counts from, rather than one toggle for all frames. @HPWUTeam please consider. And have the toggle on the frame itself, rather than in settings.