Game Update: 2.13.0 Release Notes

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 801 admin
edited May 7 in Announcements #1 latest comment 21 May, 2020, 01:55 pm.

Check out the following changes to Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.

Registry: 

• Introducing Repeat Image Collection! Players can now continue to collect Fragments of Foundables and repeatedly place their Images, even if their Registry Pages are not ready for Prestige. Every time an Image is placed, you’ll earn bonus Family XP rewards.
  • Updated Foundable Fragment counts to standardized amounts based on threat level. Lower-threat Traces have increased Fragment counts and higher-threat Traces have decreased Fragment counts. 
  • Increasing the amount of Severe and Emergency Traces on the Map.

Photo Mode: 

• Turning back on! Players can now use Ministry ID Portrait Filters, Frames, and Stickers to customize photos of Foundables in Encounter Photo Mode and Registry Photo Mode!  

Bug Fixes:

Potions: 

Fixed an issue where new Potion recipes were not being badged (red dot) when players unlock recipes as they level up.

Wizarding Challenges: 

Fixed an issue with players being forced out of a Challenge after a teammate has been knocked out.

General: 

Android Only: Fixed an issue with AR+ mode no being available on certain Android devices 

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• DorianSlaymakerDorianSlaymaker Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #207 May, 2020, 10:46 pm.

It seems that when you have extra of a rare foundable that was just reduced in required #, you absolutely don't want to take advantage of Repeat Image Collection, because you will lose out on the "pour over" that is pending.

E.g., before the update, I had the max of eleven Quidditch Keeper Ron fragments while waiting to get some more Quidditch Pitch Stands fragments. Since the update, the fragment count has been reduced to 5 QKR's. If I were to get the rest of the Pitch fragments, I could prestige the page, and 6 QKR fragments would "pour over" into the Bronze page. However, right now, I am given the option to click on my "maxed out" QKR fragments and cash those 5 in, but if I did that, the number of QKR fragments I have goes back down to zero. So I would be losing out on the 6 remaining "pour over" fragments that I would otherwise get when I finally do end up prestiging the page without clicking it.

Losing 6 QKR's might not be the worst thing, but there are plenty of foundables on the Challenges page that would be quite a lot more devastating to lose. For example, a person could lose out on dozens, perhaps even Hundreds of cumulative Wand fragments if they had high numbers of certain wands and low numbers of others, and they accidentally click on a wand and activate the Repeat Image Collection feature... This sounds potentially disastrous for someone who doesn't understand the update and is curious (as I was when I touched a Firenze to see why it was glinting), who accidentally touches it (as I have to two others since), or someone who has kids with access to the game.

I'd advise avoiding clicking on any of those fragments like they're Covid, if you can...

• ATLRavenclawATLRavenclaw Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited May 8 #308 May, 2020, 01:04 am.

• SamuelHaightSamuelHaight Posts: 98 ✭✭
    #408 May, 2020, 01:24 am.

Is anyone else experiencing an issue with the Registry? I just opened the app, saw the red notification dot, tapped on it, and EVERY incomplete image is showing as ready to complete. 😧

• AvadonAvadon Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #508 May, 2020, 01:31 am.

I cant take credit for this but when I saw it I felt it should be shared, I hope this clears things up a bit on how the new system works

Poke Fodder posted a video ( linked below) that shows how the new roll over system works.

• Kes126Kes126 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited May 8 #608 May, 2020, 02:19 am.

Clarification needed: is 2.13 available now? Because mine is still 2.12, it normally updates automatically.

Edit

Never mind, was weird but found work around

• McGonagallfan21McGonagallfan21 Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #708 May, 2020, 04:03 am.

My friend only has room for the essential assets- does anyone know if that will be ok for the new system/version?

• KJGloomzKJGloomz Posts: 60 ✭✭
    #808 May, 2020, 07:01 am.

Why the AR+ still not

available for me? 🙄

• kpwxxkpwxx Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited May 8 #908 May, 2020, 09:16 am.

Arrgh this forum just deleted a whole long message that took so long to write when I tried to edit it!!!

Ok so here goes again. I think I understand the visuals of the new registry. Basically, instead of the picture being filled in meaning "image placed" we now look for the green star which means "image placed". The picture fill in thing still applies for Basic pages but any higher prestige level, you just have to look for the star instead.

Once you place an image, it gets its star and the fragment count resets to 0. You can then keep collecting fragments over and over for that foundable and if you want to you can replace it when you collect enough, to get more XP and scrolls, or you can just wait til you prestige and the extra fragments will carry over. A shimmering picture means you've collected enough to replace that foundable.

However, I think there's a bug/issue with the brilliant event pages. Every single foundable on them for every event foundable I placed before the update is shimmering for me. This should be impossible because you can only ever get 1 of a lot of those items. @hpwulola are you aware of this?

An example; for the current event, I placed the broom just now, after the update. It got its picture (since it's the first time I ever placed it) and its star, and the count reset to 0. This matches up with what I'd expect and what all the other registry sections have done. However, the plaque in the top right I had already placed before the update - correctly, it has its picture and star because it's been placed. But INCORRECTLY it is shimmering and says 1/1, implying I've returned an additional 1 or more fragments since placing it. But that's impossible because you can only get one of those foundables.

The forum won't let me add an image but hopefully that's clear enough.

• EnidYYEnidYY Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1008 May, 2020, 11:08 am.

Does anyone meet the "device is not supported" issues?

I met this problem when updated version 2.12.0, so I installed the game on another device. Now it happens again, making the two devices lose access to the game.

Ps: my devices are on the list of Google Play's list of supported Android devices, with enough storage, using versions Android 9 and Android 10.

• EL64EL64 Posts: 1
    #1108 May, 2020, 11:18 am.

Oh great... I prestiged six pages yesterday and now I lost the excess traces on those pages, and consequentially the reward XP and thus many books and scrolls.

on pages I didn't prestige I did receive the reward for excess traces.

All in all I lost 150 traces from 2 challenges registry pages, and a 300 frm four exploration registry pages.

Could niantic return me the traces, or compensatie for the loss in XP, scrolls and books due to this bug? I'm quite peeved...

• KruidFriskKruidFrisk Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1208 May, 2020, 11:22 am.

Hmm - it feels like the new version of the game made the Knight bus stop working on my iPhone. Is that a known issue?

• ZantarelZantarel Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #1308 May, 2020, 11:22 am.

I can't update to this version on my Galaxy S9 (which is fully up to date). It just says that the app isn't compatible... That means I can't play anymore...

(App won't let me play, it asks me to update, takes me to the play store and I get the message that my phone isn't compatible!! I have emailed the developers on the plsystore but got an email back suggesting it would be ignored)

• LadyAlciezLadyAlciez Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #1408 May, 2020, 11:26 am.

Anyone have issues not being able to load the daily / special task assignment icon (Bottom right corner). after this update?

Issue encountered on Iphone & Ipad. Tired reinstalling- same issue.

Thanks

• HOOTowl09HOOTowl09 Posts: 22 ✭✭
    #1508 May, 2020, 11:53 am.

@kpwxx I think you've captured the new mechanics well. That's a great explanation that matches what I am starting to understand as well.

As far as your comment about the plaque showing like you've collected 2 (1 to place and 1 to show shimmering) - I think that we essentially got a bonus for any that were already placed before the update. Everything that I had placed has the star, plus is shimmering. So everything makes it look like I've just completed the first repeat image. Not sure if that was an intentional bonus, or just the way it happened to rollout, but I am seeing that for everything that I had placed, as long as the new foundable count is the same or less than before.

My pixies, however, showed as 30/38 after the update with the green placed star. I had it placed before the update and only needed 30 for the silver page. I now need 38 on the silver page, but instead of needing 8 more to place it, I essentially have a head start on the repeat image. I was able to prestige the page to gold and those 30 moved onto my gold page. I now show 30/55 for pixies on my gold.

So that rollover seems to be working as intended, there just may have been some miscommunication as what the rollover the HPWU team meant vs what we all expected.

A detailed explanation of what expected behavior is from @hpwulola would be helpful to see if what we are starting to understand is correct.

• PhilophinaPhilophina Posts: 1
    #1608 May, 2020, 12:07 pm.

I have the same issue as @KruidFrisk, i.e the Knight bus stopped working after the update.

• kpwxxkpwxx Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #1708 May, 2020, 12:44 pm.

@HOOTowl09 that's very interesting. I only have the shimmering when it shouldn't/showing extra fragments issue on the event pages - on my normal pages most of them are not shimmering even when placed prior to the event (they do have the star) and have less than a full number of fragments. So that sends to be working as it should.

If it is a bug it might be affecting different players differently.

I've submitted as a bug too, both on the bug thread and in app, so we'll see if there's any clarification there I guess! At least it doesn't stop gameplay in any way if it is a mistake!

• DroptoffeeDroptoffee Posts: 2
    edited May 8 #1808 May, 2020, 12:54 pm.

I'm sorry, but I really dislike the prestige per foundable option... Not the idea behind it, but the implementation. I accidentally clicked on it for two foundables now and pretty rare ones too, and now I have to collect them all over again... I want it to be optional and easy to turn off!

Also, if I complete a foundable, do I get no family points now unless I prestige? I'm afraid to click on it like you used to when you had all fragments, because I don't want to start all over again for every one of them. I like to complete and prestige pages, I don't want every single foundable to be separate, you don't get the golden borders per foundable and the bronze ones are kinda ugly. But I dó want a reward for completing a foundable, that was just way too good a feeling to click on a 50/50 foundable to make it appear and then have the family XP bar fill up.

So please make the "prestige separate foundable" more failproof and keep the "click on completed foundable to earn an influx of family XP" (also without prestiging! just make prestiging gain you even more XP or something if you want to reward that).

EDIT: I now see that it does still say "placed" after prestiging. So if it's placed once, can you still prestige that page if you have completed the rest, even if you didn't complete the prestiged foundable a second time?

It's just so confusing! If this is the case, I don't have an issue anymore, but how do I know for sure? (so same question as new post from Surabhi: does it hurt my progress in the future if I want to prestige a foundable?)

Post edited by Droptoffee on
  • SurabhiSurabhi Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #1908 May, 2020, 01:07 pm.

I see that the "Repeat Image Collection" feature is also available on the Brilliant Event pages. But the pages themselves can't be prestiged. I tried it on the first ever brilliant event page Fantastic Floura and Fauna as it was the one I didn't complete, and got 2 rune stones and 8 scrolls.

Just wondering if I should do the same on all the Brilliant Event pages or could this harm my progress in the game somehow (in the future).

• SparkingPacesSparkingPaces Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited May 8 #2008 May, 2020, 01:33 pm.

@Zantarel I also have a Galaxy S9 and the update is working. Maybe just try uninstalling and reinstalling.

• WizardUgveWizardUgve Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #2108 May, 2020, 02:41 pm.

This is ridiculous. That we have to accept in a certain order or else we lose the fragments!! No instructions we provided in advance. Why not communicate instructions before a release is made and better yet, You already know how many fragments we have collected just credit it back to us. Very frustrating and a major turn off.

• WizardUgveWizardUgve Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #2208 May, 2020, 02:43 pm.

Additionally remove prestigeing a page instead prestige the individual items.

• GrumkinGrumkin Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #2308 May, 2020, 03:00 pm.

What I want to know is, if we reset the count on a shimmering foundable, do we have to get that foundable back up to full count again in order to later prestige the page?

• HOOTowl09HOOTowl09 Posts: 22 ✭✭
    #2408 May, 2020, 03:52 pm.

@Grumkin in what I've seen in my registry so far, No. As long as all the foundables on a page have green dots, the prestige option will appear. It doesn't matter if the counts are maxed or not. In fact, if you have started collecting some again, they will carry over to the page prestige. So if you are at 15/15 and then place it to get the green dot, it goes back to 0/15. If you wind up at 5/15 while trying to finish (get green dots) on the rest of the foundables, when you prestige you will now have 5/xx on the next level page.

• DroptoffeeDroptoffee Posts: 2
    edited May 8 #2508 May, 2020, 04:56 pm.

@HOOTowl09 Jeej! OK that takes my worries away and then it works quite nicely!

Still don't like the sudden update after all these other changes, it's a lot, but it sounds a lot better thought out now than it looked.

Thanks for the reply!

EDIT: I am still confused however at the memory of how many fragments you have... If I prestige a foundable, it has this treasure box which doesn't change from normal to bronze. It seems you can prestige it multiple times before prestiging the entire page. So I do see an 8/5 foundable changing to 3/5 now with the "placed" green dot, but if I get it up to 5 again, should I then prestige it again or because it then says 0/5 I don't get a remainder carried over? It seems it's best to prestige a foundable but then only let it go up to (n-1)/n foundables again, to carry as much as you can over to the prestiged page. Of course you will get the family XP again for prestiging the foundable, but you do have to start from 0 again in the new page. It's just hard to see if you've already prestiged it once or not.

• kiheikidkiheikid Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8 #2608 May, 2020, 07:27 pm.

since the update, is anyone else now consistently getting this message every time upon opening the app? even though the connection seems fine and the app still opens and plays, albeit bug-filled.

• EnidYYEnidYY Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2708 May, 2020, 08:15 pm.

@Zantarel Yes, I got the same problem! I use Android on Honor 9 and V20.

@SparkingPaces Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work... Since play store says it is not compatible, I can't find the app via play store anymore. 💔

• SoulPowerXSoulPowerX Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #2808 May, 2020, 08:50 pm.

Same **** with "connection lost". Everything works except Knight bus which is fundamental at this time.

Support answer was "team is looking into an issue" - they are looking into it more than 8? hours without any progress.

• MrSciGuyMrSciGuy Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2910 May, 2020, 03:00 am.

@kiheikid yes I’m getting the same message. Although I will say it is more of an annoyance, as it doesn’t actually have any impact on my game working properly.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 801 admin
    #3018 May, 2020, 08:52 pm.

Hey everyone! Update 2.13.1 is currently rolling out. This update includes the Diagon Alley store pack created for players as a thank you for your patience as we work on fixing the Fragment Issues.

It also includes these Bug Fixes:

General: 

• Fixed issue with players’ games freezing upon entering Registry and receiving a ‘Connection Lost’ message 
    • Fixed issue with Brilliant Event foundable images showing as blank when a player goes to its detailed view

Knight Bus: 

• Fixed an issue with the Knight Bus button being unresponsive for players. This often was paired with seeing a ‘Connection Lost’ message.

Repeat Image Collection: 

• Players should now see the correct amount of Fragments rolled over after placing an image.
    • Players will be able to return Foundables and go over the max Fragment count without losing extra Fragments.

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    #3118 May, 2020, 08:59 pm.

@hpwulola I got the complimentary gift but not the update. should I have waited to collect it? Little paranoid😅