Bit Late To Warn Us About Fragment Roll-over

FireNightingaleFireNightingale Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 10 May, 2020, 04:57 pm.

I clicked on all the items and prestiged the pages as soon as I saw the red dots. NOW I see a newly added warning not to do so! It's too late for me!

I'm appealing for help in game but don't know if anyone will even answer let alone be able to help. I've lost a ton of fragments that should have carried over. Is it going to be possible to fix this?

Tagged:
32 votes

Working on a Fix · Last Updated

Comments

• lyssalynn13lyssalynn13 Posts: 0
    #207 May, 2020, 05:51 pm.

I logged into hpwu today and had all sorts of alerts I started going through and it appeared there were all sorts of fragments being completed and waiting to be placed. Upon going through these the numbers were not complete yet showing as complete i.e. 4/24. And if you placed that image it will allow you to preatige the page, but doing so wipes those incomplete numbers out to 0 and prestiges the page to values lower than the page was last night. For example the great yule ball page is showing as 0 of everything at the first page (never prestiged), but i prestiged that page in the last event to silver! The Moving stair case page is showing 15/15 for moaning myrtle but last night I was at 21/24! 

It almost appears as though someone did a system restore to an older point in time and I've lost all sorts of progress and prestiged pages! Please fix this asap so I can keep playing! There are others in my community also reporting this same issue. 

• BoaDestructorBoaDestructor Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #307 May, 2020, 05:56 pm.

Same here. Families as well as challenges, I've lost most progress. See attached picture, 36 of 22 fragments...

• E11eJayeE11eJaye Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #407 May, 2020, 06:01 pm.

Me too! I had all 11 Pickett fragments from the Nifflers event but was waiting for a couple more murtlap and one more demiguise before I could prestige to bronze.

Since the update which ‘corrected’ fragment numbers all of my Picketts are GONE. I now have ‘0/5’ Picketts. That page now looks like this (I did find I had enough fragments for the murtlap now, but honestly I WANT MY PICKETTS BACK because until that event I had literally encountered none).

• HabskillaHabskilla Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #507 May, 2020, 06:10 pm.

Every single prestige has not rolled over. Now what?

• Guava54Guava54 Posts: 1
    #607 May, 2020, 06:34 pm.

I have had the same thing with every category including the challenge items. I reported the glitch. I am noticing also that i have one less foundable for things i have already completed, like tonks where i had filled this one. I also had the same think with the golden snitch.

• Boingjoey11Boingjoey11 Posts: 1
    #707 May, 2020, 06:45 pm.

I also had the same issue. I even saw after prestiging the pg ... my acc went backward :O

• DrHaggertyDrHaggerty Posts: 1
    #807 May, 2020, 07:02 pm.

I just noticed the same thing, too. I'm afraid to place anything because I don't want to lose progress!!! Please help!!!

• JadeWandJadeWand Posts: 3
    #907 May, 2020, 07:16 pm.

Yup. Same. Every registry page had updates enough to prestige it.... But it was starting from the lowest level. I lost massive registry progress. What in Dumbledore's Beard is going on?

• acutenosferatuacutenosferatu Posts: 1
    #1007 May, 2020, 07:21 pm.

Same. Now some fragments that I know I had completed say that they need a lot more, even though the image has been placed on the page.

• BajankityBajankity Posts: 2
    #1107 May, 2020, 07:28 pm.

I have the same problem. Very disappointing if there can’t be a restore.

• SUPRMUMSUPRMUM Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #1207 May, 2020, 07:29 pm.

Me too😞

• KJGloomzKJGloomz Posts: 60 ✭✭
    #1307 May, 2020, 07:31 pm.

I like the update but I don't know either it's update or an issue but after fragments update 7/10 fragments are departed in one cast, even low threat level. And I have already prestige 2 pages but its rollover and just now WU give notice or other.

Please do not Prestige Pages or Collect new fragments as said by Orangewizard in it's story on Instagram.

#1407 May, 2020, 07:31 pm.
  • HiveQueenHiveQueen Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1507 May, 2020, 07:31 pm.

Same happy to me. Wish they would of sent the warning out earlier, or maybe play tested the new release before sending it out. I have lost a lot of rare fragments. Support is no help. You can only talk with a Bot that doesn't give a ****.

• Dacky72Dacky72 Posts: 1
    #1607 May, 2020, 07:33 pm.

I did the same before the warning came up.

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 131 ✭✭
    #1707 May, 2020, 07:35 pm.

Did that warning appear in game?

In Germany or at least in my account it didn't do that so far.

However it would have been too late anyway. Already placed all pictures and prestiged all pages where the red dot showed. 😢

• FlameVineNSFlameVineNS Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1807 May, 2020, 07:36 pm.

I'm afraid it is too late for me too. But I recorded video of the whole thing. It is 15 minutes long bc I had so many fragments.

• TerberterTerberter Posts: 1
    #1907 May, 2020, 07:37 pm.

Same issue for me. I am really hoping they can revert - i’m so surprised they didn’t give users a heads up. they teased the adventure sync for a couple of weeks before the update was released.

• Dacky72Dacky72 Posts: 1
    #2007 May, 2020, 07:37 pm.

I placed the foundables when they showed up and then received the warning after I hit the prestige button. Is there any thing that can be done now?

• VysantheaVysanthea Posts: 1
    edited May 7 #2107 May, 2020, 07:38 pm.

I also prestiged before the warning came out, however I really don't see anything amiss. I hope I'm not wrong. :( For example; Oddites 1. I was sliver with only a few bow fragments needed to prestige. I got them with the update and prestiged to gold. Everything started at 0, like normal. Was this not supposed to happen?

• MaeOfTheDeadMaeOfTheDead Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2207 May, 2020, 07:38 pm.

YES! I get on the game, see that the fragment counts have changed, especially in the “challenges” section so I placed everything in order to get the notebooks, prestiged numerous pages, & literally as soon as I go back to the main screen, I get the warning! I’ve now lost numerous fragment pieces, some rare, under different categories because of this “warning”.

#2307 May, 2020, 07:39 pm.

I'm afraid it is too late for me too. But I recorded video of the whole thing. It is 15 minutes long bc I had so many fragments. Would that video help? I don't know how to send something so long.

• CarrieDway2222CarrieDway2222 Posts: 1
    #2407 May, 2020, 07:40 pm.

Same here! I was so surprised to see the warning after I had already prestiged all the pages. Wasn’t even watching the counts!

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 131 ✭✭
    #2507 May, 2020, 07:41 pm.

Some of us didn't even get that warning so far.

Would have been too late anyways. 😢

#2607 May, 2020, 07:41 pm.

So did I - but I only got the warning while I was reporting the bug in the help section

#2707 May, 2020, 07:43 pm.

I'm afraid it is too late for me bc I already prestiged. But I recorded video of the whole thing. It is 15 minutes long bc I had so many fragments. I didn't notice the count. After watching my video, I think I see what the problem is. Would that video help? I don't know how to send something so long. Please let me know if it would help. Thank you!

• CrazyMacGuyCrazyMacGuy Posts: 1
    edited May 7 #2807 May, 2020, 07:48 pm.

This is a huge issue with this latest change to the registry page for exploration and challenges!! My wife got a notification about not prestige-ing the pages because of an issue with rollover fragments, but not until she had already prestiged the pages!! She’s been working very hard to level up challenges to get more red books because that’s what she needs for her profession! The timing of the notification likely lost her hundreds of fragments, as she was working on finishing silver and gold pages!! I also haven’t gotten the notification yet warning me, so the timing of the message would be absolutely useless if she hadn’t already suffered!! The dev team should make this right!!

I know, totally a first world problem, just had to vent...

• GredForge33GredForge33 Posts: 1
    #2907 May, 2020, 07:49 pm.

Same thing happened to me. Warming came after I prestiged everything. I have no record of how many fragments I had, so I guess they’re gone now :(

• BabbraBabbra Posts: 1
    #3007 May, 2020, 07:51 pm.

What if I have already Prestiged my pages? Will they fix it or am I screwed?

• PinkRosesPinkRoses Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #3107 May, 2020, 07:53 pm.

Then I got the notification not to touch anything until AFTER getting the newest version. Only it was too late.

What now?

Cheers,

Pink Roses